OT: camcorder

qpaulina42

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting hubby a camcorder for his birthday. He likes to make videos and I figure with the baby coming, he'll have a lot to record. I was wondering if any of you ladies have a camcorder and if you would recommend it. From looking around so far I think I would like a camcorder with a flash drive, I want it to stabilize well, be able to shoot in both light and dark places (within reason of course) and be easy to watch on both computer and burn onto DVDs. Also, I'd rather not spend a fortune. I think I like the ones that have a flip thing, not the point and shoot ones, but I'm open to suggestions.

Dh got me a flip camcorder for xmas (got it at Costco) and I LOVE IT!!! I think it was $200 or less and it is soooo easy to use. I have already shot a bunch of video and down loaded it to my computer. My daughters cheer competition was in low lighting and the video came out great. The other nice thing is it's small like a cell phone and it has the USB port in it so you just push a button and it flips out....no having to use extra wires to connect to computer. Here's the exact one I got.....

https://www.costco.com/Browse/Produ...&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=

Thanks! I've heard good things about the flip. Is it easy to hold, does it shake? Seems to me like it would but perhaps I'm just so used to those bulkier ones...

It has stabilizer technology. I thought my footage came out good....but I wasn't expecting professional quality. This is my 4th baby and we've never owned a video camera so I want to start getting footage before they are all grown up and gone. So far I've taken it to the snow and to my daughters cheer competition. It's worth trying for $169

I like my flip camcorder too! Soooo easy to use and good quality from what I can tell. I like how fast it is.
The only drawback (and this may just be my model) is that you can't carry extra memory with you... so if I have to record more than 2 hours of stuff, I'll need to upload before I can record more. I think its good that it limits me to 2 hours of stuff, lol... if I go overboard on the videos, they'll never get watched! :)

oh yeah, the zoom wasn't as great as I'd hoped, but then I'm spoiled by digital still-photo cameras and how deep they zoom! haha

The sanyo xacti models are nice, I think they record onto the memory card (not harddrive)

hehe just a quick reminder (you didnt mention it but i thought id add) Some midwives/hospitals HATE people filming births, simply cause stuff can go wrong, even from a side shot where you cant even see anything but the baby being lifted after being birthed.
So if you are planning on getting a side shot of your LO coming into the world, do ask before you get it out! =] happy recording the baby when he/she is here though =D

my hospital actually has a policy against any filming or photography during pushing, lol.
I'm more than happy with that policy, but I feel for those who want it commemorated.

Wow, I feel so behind the times! I had no idea camcorders looked like that now! Very awesome, thanks for asking this question! I'm thinking about getting my OH one for his bday, he mentioned something about wanting one around xmas but i had already bought him a new computer lol

my hospital doesn't allow filming or photographing the birth either. i'm kind of upset about it.

I'm not too worried about the birth. I'm not sure I want record of that mess, lol. I'm thinking of maybe a Canon FS30. I hear the flip is a bit too shaky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->