OT - Opinions needed on baby shower invite

LaylaShawn

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
Ladies,

I am planning a baby shower for a friend with the help of two other friends. I could use some opinions on the invite wording etiquette. My friend would like for guest to bring a book in place of a card. I personally think it is tacky to request what someone bring. I mean the registry info is on the invite and to also ask for a book. What are your opinions? Thanks

Personally I think asking for a book is a little odd. I mean you could request it in the invitation but I wouldn't say anything like don't bring cards just a book.

People could also start to think she only wants books which could then cause her to get less of the things we all need....like diapers lol

I'd check out Pinterest. I've seen some cute suggestions on there!

I agree SoldierWife. I really don't want to put it on the invite but I am being out voted. Now I want my name off the RSVP section.

Thanks girlin boots. I will check it out.

If worded right I think its fun. I did it for my baby shower. Suggested help building her library with books and asked for everyone to write a message for her. People loved the idea and my daughter is a bookaholic. I got tons of gifts too and diapers. People put the books in their presents. Was so fun. I didn't really expect anything but diapers and books which would be needed. I was lucky and loved.

If worded right I think its fun. I did it for my baby shower. Suggested help building her library with books and asked for everyone to write a message for her. People loved the idea and my daughter is a bookaholic. I got tons of gifts too and diapers. People put the books in their presents. Was so fun. I didn't really expect anything but diapers and books which would be needed. I was lucky and loved.

mmmm................. think I might be doing this as an "entrance fee" to my gender reveal since it will only be family coming. :haha: I don't bargain on a babyshower again, but MIL might just surprise me again. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->