Ot, stupid hairdresser has made me feelworse. So down :(

blondieliz

Reaction score
This is a moan. I am so down! I thought I would go and get my hair cut and highlighted today as it will be the last time for a while I would have chance. I know I thought, I'll go to super cuts as it's cheaper and I need to watch money now I'm on maternity. I arrive at the hairdressers to be told the wait is 30 minutes. That's ok I thought, not bad. So, there are no seats (and none of the current queue offered one), but never mind. So, 1.5 hours later I finally sit in the chair. The hair dresser asks what I would like done I said ' I want 1/2 head highlights please and for the cut, just tidied up, only the ends off and layers tidied up, it's taken ages to grow and I like it long because it's naturally curly, it will spring up. So she starts and so far so good ( however I am told I can't use the staff loo and I can't have a drink of water), the colour is done, but then she starts to cut and oh shit, straight away takes 5 inches off the side!! Wtf? I asked what she's doing and she said sorry, I thought you said you wanted a fair bit off!?

I've ended up with a weird fucked up mullet that's short at the sides and horrible. Oh and then she charges me 85 quid, which is twice as much as I pay at my normal salon.

I'm gutted. I already feel like a fat whale and I have had loads of stretch marks appear over the last 2 days. I'm hormonal and my self esteem is at an all time low.

I left the salon and promptly burst in to tears, which of have been doing intermittently for the past 2 hours.

I know I'm lucky and I can't wait to have my baby, but I feel like shit. I'm so, so fed up. I feel repulsive.

Sorry for moaning, well done if you read this far.

Go back and complain to the manager. They may be able to get you some money back or some other form of reembursement - customer is always right.

TBH the hairdresser should have stopped when you first told them that they were going wrong.

Sending hugs x

:hugs:
I feel your pain! I got mine done a week ago with my usual hairdresser but I do not know what she was thinking! I have to tuck it behind my ears or I look like I'm sporting what can only be described as a Darth Vader helmet :rofl:
.... It's growing on me now (excuse the pun lol!) But I know how you feel- if you're not happy with your hair it makes you feel 100% rubbish.
Have you washed it and played about with it yourself yet? That usually helps as hairdressers seem to always make it look all poofy!
x

Hun I'd complain - get your money back. They will try to offer someone to put it right for you but I think they did enough damage.

My boss had this, a salon completely destroyed her hair with bleach and when she went back to complain they butchered her remaining hair. She didn't feel strong enough to go back again by herself and get her money back and there was no one to go with her.

I would go back, take someone strong willed with you and get your money back. This isn 't what you asked for.

Big hugs for you xxx

Complain complain complain!!!! That it rubbish! Not only that you're not happy with the cut, but the service!! SOunds like a pile of shite place!!!xx

TRy not to get too down hun, I know what its like when you hate yoyr hair, but Im sure when you've washed it and styled it a couple of times yourself, you'll find a way to wear it tht you like xx

Definitely go back and complain!! You didn't get what you asked for and then to have to pay more for it?! Maybe you can get a better hairdresser there to clean it up for you? Even it out into a cute little bob or something?

I feel so frumpy and lumpy, at least my hair is one thing that I feel still looks ok...if my hairdresser messed up like that she better get a good head start because I'd be coming after her hair with her scissors to get even!

Sorry to hear you feel bad :( You are almost there and then you'll get your body back soon. Hope they give you a full refund!!

Definitely you need to go back and complain to the manager! Did they give you a reason as to why you were not allowed to use the toilet or have a drink of water?

I would have walked out there and then if my salon said that to me!!

being refused water and toileting? isnt that a violation of a persons basic human rights? :grr:

Because apparently they only have staff toilets and no customer cups to provide drinks. I am so assertive with everything except complaining about my hair, I turn in to a child. Supercuts suck.

Because apparently they only have staff toilets and no customer cups to provide drinks. I am so assertive with everything except complaining about my hair, I turn in to a child. Supercuts suck.

Thats just outrageous, you really need to go back, take someone with you and get your money back!

I had the same happen to me last week... thought I'd treat myself to a cut and blow dry as I had a wedding to go to and they completely hacked my hair to pieces... it's so short I can't tie it up (it was half way down my back before) and my fringe quite literally looks as though a 5 year old has taken a pair of scissors to it! :nope:

I was soo embarrassed at the wedding I hid away everytime a camera was anywhere near and I'm dreading the baby coming now as I know I'm going to hate every picture taken - I'm not having my hair but again!! :blush:

Thats just outrageous, you really need to go back, take someone with you and get your money back!

Definately go back with someone and complain. When i went to a cheap hairdressers the cost just kept going up and i HATED it! I regret not complaining and would now if i ever encounter another idiot hairdresser who doesn't listen to the customer. Imagine if u went into starbucks, asked for tea and they give u coffee. U deserve ur money back, then go spend it on a decent finish :)

I hate going to the hairdresses because of this. About 20 years ago I went to a different hairdressers just for a tidy up...my hair was bra strap length I used to scrunch dry it for my weekend nights out, I loved it. Anyway the so called hairdresser gave me above the shoulder bob!! I only wanted a trim. I cried for days and wore my hair up to go out it was awful.

Now I have really long hair and use a local hairdresser and only EVER ask for a trim no more then an inch off. I would love to try a new hair style but after my horrific experience I wouldn't dare hence having the same hair style for years..

Ah really sorry to hear you had such a crappy time and are feeling down. Self esteem definitely takes a nose dive at this point in pregnancy doesn't it! Supercuts are so crap, I had my worst ever hair cut there and had to go somewhere decent to have it sorted out, plus they charge you loads extra than they make out they will so its never cheaper than just going somewhere good, it is such a con! If you are not feeling brave about going into the salon to complain is there someone you can write to? X

F that like, go back and slap the beyatch for your money back, i would of put that bitch into place. i am sooooo angry thinking about it, i feel bad for you hun because similar has happened to me. that hairdressers she be put into place. AGAINST THE LAW TO REFUSE PREGNANT LADIES IN NEED!!!

XX

So sorry you got a lousy haircut! The so-called 'cheap' haircut places always end up charging the most at the end, I've had the same experience. I agree with the other ladies that you ought to complain; the hairdresser didn't even double-check with you before she hacked a bunch off, that's unacceptable! :growlmad:

As for now, you should wash it and try and style it yourself, get some cute hair clips/accessories to try and make it more to your liking... and pamper yourself for the rest of the day, you poor thing!:hugs:

Absolutely disgusting, makes me soooo mad!!!! Definitely go back and complain.

The same happened to me years ago, My hair was so long I could sit on it, asked for a trim and came out with a weird looking bob. Now my mum cuts my hair and dyes it and I do my own fringe and layers. The thought of hairdressers gives me a panic attack.

Oh god, I'm totally panicking now as I've got a hair app for cut and highlighting next Wednesday at a new salon that is one of my DH's customers and giving him a "deal"!

I will be totally paranoid the whole time she wields the scissors!!!!

Thanks girls, glad you lot understand. I might go back tomorrow and take my mom with me (I'm almost 30 by the way, lol).

Bless my mom though, she came around and have me a hug whilst I cried. I'm not usually so pathetic! I'm going to go and wash it in a minute, but I'm so nervous as it's going to spring up even more.

Why are some hairdressers like this? Why don't they just listen?

:shock: DEFINITELY go back and complain! I would be livid!

What an idiotic cow she is, no hairdresser would immediately hack of 5 inches! You are supposed to take off little by little, so when it gets to your desired length you can say stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->