OT The Duggers are expecting baby #20!

I think what the Duggers are doing is sick. C'mon, who needs that many children?? There are so many women in the world who would love to be mothers, but for whatever reason can't conceive. And this woman has 19, and now soon to be 20?

Back in the day it was necessary to have a lot of children. They were needed to help farm, and many of them died during childhood from illness. It's not like that anymore.

I know a lot of you may disagree with me, and that's fine. You can agree or disagree. But I feel strongly about this and believe what this couple is doing is wrong.

It's her right to have as many babies as she wants, just as it's yours.

I think what the Duggers are doing is sick. C'mon, who needs that many children?? There are so many women in the world who would love to be mothers, but for whatever reason can't conceive. And this woman has 19, and now soon to be 20?

Back in the day it was necessary to have a lot of children. They were needed to help farm, and many of them died during childhood from illness. It's not like that anymore.

I know a lot of you may disagree with me, and that's fine. You can agree or disagree. But I feel strongly about this and believe what this couple is doing is wrong.

^^This. And tell me what other people not being able to have children has to do with how many she has? Are you saying that people should only have a certain amount of kids because others can't? How many should that be exactly?

I don't follow your logic.

^^This. And tell me what other people not being able to have children has to do with how many she has? Are you saying that people should only have a certain amount of kids because others can't? How many should that be exactly?

Exactly... This is so silly i just don't get why people are so sicken by this family. HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU?? Lord just leave this family alone and worry about some real world issue that does affect your life. :growlmad: Ahhhh, i said i wasn't going to come back to this thread and look what i've done. Ok, this is last time. I'm bored with this now. Going to go eat some icecream twix bars!

I really dont think the older kids should have to help raise the younger ones. I do understand that older siblings help out, but when you have that many kids your older children will always have to be home helping out. Many of her kids are very young and she just cant watch them all! To me it has nothing to do with the amount of kids she has ultimately, but that the older kids have to suffer for it. I doubt they enjoy being a ''parent'' already. And it seems her body cant handle anymore. Most likely why her last baby was born a micro-preemie.

Teachers manage to watch 30 kids for 6 hours 5 days a week in a classroom. Just saying.
Yes, but they aren't also taking care of a newborn, 1 yr old, 2 yr old, 3 yr old etc. Heck, I have 3 kids and struggle!! A teacher only works 30 hrs a week, a parent(and older siblings) its 168 hours. Again her kids should be being kids, care free, not helping rear their siblings.. Sure my kids help me with grabbing a diaper or throwing it away, but they arent going to be babysitting everyday. Occasionally would be fine.

Exactly... This is so silly i just don't get why people are so sicken by this family. HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU?? Lord just leave this family alone and worry about some real world issue that does affect your life. :growlmad: Ahhhh, i said i wasn't going to come back to this thread and look what i've done. Ok, this is last time. I'm bored with this now. Going to go eat some icecream twix bars!

Okay while I'm not sure I agree with her kids having to help raise their siblings, I can't understand why them having 20 kids would in any way impact other people not being able to have kids themselves. They could have 100 kids and it would in no way effect barren women.

Okay while I'm not sure I agree with her kids having to help raise their siblings, I can't understand why them having 20 kids would in any way impact other people not being able to have kids themselves. They could have 100 kids and it would in no way effect barren women.

Excuse me but that phrase 'barren woman' is disgusting and demeaning! I was told I couldnt have childrenn before I got pregnant that did not make me a barren woman and I dont think anyone who is trying to concieve long term or having to have help medically to have children would appreciate being called it either! Think what you are typing before you post things like just because we are all mummies doesnt mean we didnt have a bloody long and hard road to get where we are now. Show some respect for the poor women that cant get pregnant at the drop of a hat

Why are so many attacking her? She sets a damn good example that a lot of this world should follow. She is working and paying for all 20, she is putting none of this 'burden' on anyone else. Her children are well looked after, why in the hell should it matter what she does?

It's a bit silly to complain or compare this in any way to those who can't have children, if you find it insulting then don't watch the Dugger's TV show/read their book.

I never understand why these topics deviate to women unable to have children. I don't think anyone is going to agree on this so the best thing to do is take people's opinions as just that: OPINIONS! This is a public forum and you are bound to disagree with someone on here sooner or later :lol:

Honestly the whole thing screams money making from what I read here. Theres nothing wrong with TTC after a preemie & pre-E but I'm sure her family is large enough.

The thing is shes gonna keep doing it regardless of the outcome - will she stop?!!! And im sorry but if her babies are forever premature after this then its the most unfair thing - on nurses, neonatal resources, on the Duggars... I could go on! But their belief that "god decides" fails me. This whole thing could go on for several years!

If she was having healthy pregnancies then fine. But shes not. Regardless that shes paying for it all, she is still using resources. I cant help but feel theres something unfair about it

And? She could have 1000 children, but it wouldnt change the fact that someone people struggle to get pregnant! :wacko: What do you suggest? Sell some of them? :haha:

Excuse me but that phrase 'barren woman' is disgusting and demeaning! I was told I couldnt have childrenn before I got pregnant that did not make me a barren woman and I dont think anyone who is trying to concieve long term or having to have help medically to have children would appreciate being called it either! Think what you are typing before you post things like just because we are all mummies doesnt mean we didnt have a bloody long and hard road to get where we are now. Show some respect for the poor women that cant get pregnant at the drop of a hat

I'm not talking about infertile women. Really, doesn't barren mean you can't have kids? I guess that's an old-fashioned name for it, but I couldn't think of the right word they use now. Can I not say that word for some reason?

ashley2pink, dont worry about sophiasmummy going nutso on your for using the term 'barren women' It was a common term to used for women with infertitliy issues years ago, where as now its not really used. This day and age not many women are truley barren as you can use all sorts of drugs and science to help them get pregnant. Your using a term that until probably the last 20 years or so was the commen term for not being able to get pregnant.

As for SophiasMummy, I really dont think Ashley was trying to be "disgusting and demeaning' as stated above, this was a common term used probably up till the last 20 years or so. you could have handeled this so much better than JUMPING down her throught. I honestly think you were out of line.

I'll rent mine out between the hours of 12am-6am to anyone that wants :rofl:

Why are so many attacking her? She sets a damn good example that a lot of this world should follow. She is working and paying for all 20, she is putting none of this 'burden' on anyone else. Her children are well looked after, why in the hell should it matter what she does?

It's a bit silly to complain or compare this in any way to those who can't have children, if you find it insulting then don't watch the Dugger's TV show/read their book.

Many of the comments on here are objecting because she IS putting the burden on her other children. Do they seem to mind? no, but they also don't know any differently and probably feel that to complain about their responsibilities would be saying they don't love their siblings.
They are also home schooled so they don't have any other 'typical' kids lives to compare it to.

Oh goodness me.....20 kids! Well I thought 3 was a semi large family......and my hubby says we can only have 2 children.
I feel for her pelvic floor and uterus!

god bless her for having all those kids wow her body is so strong!

i hope she has time to spend one on one time with all

I'll rent mine out between the hours of 12am-6am to anyone that wants :rofl:

your uterus or your child? ;)

My child :rofl:

Ahhh...

I thought you were going to rent out your womb. My bad. :thumbup:

A few things:

A. She had like 16 of these kids before they even got their own show.. so clearly their motivation to having these kids wasn't to make money of it.. especially since they weren't shopping themselves around but were "discovered".

B. And I will say this again. It was a pretty common practice back in the day for the older kids to help raise the younger ones. Maybe if we still did this practice then maybe we wouldn't have such irresponsible, spoiled children and.. let's be honest- adults running around.

C. I can see why someone who can't have kids would be upset that someone could have so many, but I also hope those same women understand that it's not rational to hate someone because they can have kids while you can't. It may not be fair and since I didn't think I would ever have kids- I know it hurts...but it's not her fault that other women can't have kids. It has nothing to do with her.

I'd never heard of these people until a similar thread a couple of days ago.

I haven't read every post, but does anyone know what's with all the 'j' names? And could they really not think of anything better than Jinger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->