Other people's gender preferences

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
I have 15 days until LO is due and it seems like all anyone wants to talk about is whether LO will be a girl or boy (we're team yellow). I understand that people are just feeling the anticipation but it is making me stressed! I feel very confident that LO is a boy and of course we will love him 100% but I can't lie, I would be overjoyed to hear its a girl.
Today DS and I were at a birthday party for one of his pals. I'm friends with all the ladies form a baby group and all of our children- there's 7 of them- are boys. 1 of the ladies had her 2nd last week, a boy. One of the other ladies is 26 weeks pregnant with her 2nd boy. They were all saying how much they hope my LO is a girl, how exciting it would be to have a girl in the group etc and I just wanted to run away! I don't feel able to talk about my gender preference because I don't want people to think that I'll love this LO less for being a boy. So I had to just nod and smile. Sigh!

I know what you mean. I wish people wouldn't make comments like that because it shouldn't be important to them. Although I guess they don't mean harm! I just don't like it when people also assume/make comments about my preference like 'Ooh I bet you're hoping for a little girl next!' etc. etc. I just say I really don't care. I wouldn't take their comments to heart because I think it's just conversational, I doubt any of them would really be dissappointed over somebody else having a boy! xx

Thank you :hugs:. You're right they don't really care, except for one friend who is really desperate for me to have a girl (I don't know why!), I think they probably wouldn't make those comments if they did! I guess people don't realise that I might be slightly preoccupied by the gender, and just think of it as making conversation.

Yes...people are just making conversation, hon. That is a lot of boys in your group though!

I do realise that they're just making conversation, it just gets to me. Same as when people complain about people asking "have you had the baby yet??" 20 times a day.

I don't have a gender preference I want boys and girls.
I have two boys and we are only having one more baby so I'm hoping I get my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->