• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Others smoking around your children

MommyJogger I wouldn't worry. I grew up in a house where no one smoked. It was just never acceptable. Sure I tried it a few times in my late teens and early 20's but my dad was so anti smoking he threatened if I ever borrowed the car and it smelled like smoke I'd never get the car again. He made me so terrified to get caught. Lmao. Once I hit 23-24...and saw people around me dying of cancer (which your children will know people) it hit me how awful it was and I refused to even "social" smoke. So I never became a "smoker"....just make it totally unacceptable in your house and your kids won't pick it up. My parents have 3 kids and not one of smokes!

I think its completely disrespectful and selfish to smoke around anyone who is a non-smoker, adult or child. Forgetting just isn't a valid excuse, everybody knows its harmful aswell as disgusting. For the pp who have mentioned parents smoking in playgrounds, report it to the school, life shouldn't have to revolve around the grubby habits of others.

I don't like anyone to smoke around me or lo, I have asthma and don't relish having an asthma attack due to someone smoking and really don't want it around my child. I put a complaint in at tescos when lo was a baby due to there was staff smoking right next to baby/ toddler and parent parking, there was space for them to smoke away from that area (and its your choice if you want to smoke) so they were being really un thoughtful to smoke there and you had to walk past them for parking there. My mum smoked when I was growing up and I saw how hard it was to give up but she did it, partly due to it would make me ill (I am one of the annoying people who cough if walk past a smoker but is involuntary as is one of the major triggers of my asthma) DH is against them due to his brother died of lung cancer. As long as you do away from others who don't wish you to smoke around them I have no problem but I wont have anyone smoking in my house

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->