Our baby "sprinkle" is causing issues

CountryMama14

Reaction score
So, for our first, we got thrown a regular baby shower. It was average sized, and it was a lot of fun. Well, this time around, both my grandma and my mother in law want to throw us a "sprinkle." The idea is just a smaller get together with immediate family to help us restock on things like diapers, etc. I wasn't opposed to the idea, so I told them to go ahead and plan it. Well there's a TON of events between now and when they want to have the sprinkle (including a wedding, and 10 birthdays in my family alone), so my mother in law wants to start working out some of the details now before we all get too busy and lose track of time. However, every time my mother in law tries to ask my grandma about anything sprinkle related, my grandma just clams up and avoids the topic. We're all really confused as to why, because it was her idea in the first place to throw a sprinkle. We need her approval to set an exact time and start thinking of people we want to invite, because it's supposed to be at her house. I'm not sure what to do here. My mother in law is getting frustrated, and I'm getting worried that we won't get everything done in time. I've tried asking my grandma why she's acting this way, and she just acts like she has no idea what I'm talking about.

I would just move it to a different location before it's too late... Sorry grand ma

we are throwing one of these too, and DH is throwing a "beer and diaper party" guy version of it - i had an un cooperative host as well so we ended up moving it to my house - not great since i'll be cleaning up after but at least we got it all planned now and date set!

Do you think maybe she feels like she got kicked out of the planning aspect? Obviously family is important to you so I doubt you want to just have it at a different location, but maybe if she continues acting that way you could play naive and ask if she would prefer if you had it else where, like in a nice way like you're concerned about her being stressed or something?

Is there a chance your grandma no longer wants to host it? I was helping my sis in law plan a shower and all of a sudden she started avoiding the subject, etc and we ended up planning it without her input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->