Our bump buddy journal - Teacup & Aleeah

Hi Aleeah!

That's strange that your hubbys brothers wife was off with you about expecting a baby. Seems a little strange as she has already had her baby. I thought my brothers wife was a little funny with me when I announced, she said 'I thought you didn't want another one?!' She is 24 weeks pregnant at the moment. Also my oldest sister's reaction was bad, she said 'Haven't you learned from us?!' Because she has two children that are a handful. My mum told my aunt by email, and all she said was 'omg, what persuaded her to want another?'

But I don't really mind about people having grumpy reactions, I'm just happy for us. :thumbup:

No I wasn't sick again thankfully. I was worried I might have food poisoning but it was just a one off luckily. Today I woke up with bad tummy ache, but felt better after a toilet visit and some burping! :haha: :blush:

I feel so normal most of the time, just quite hungry all the time. How are you?

I have my previous birth debrief next week on Thursday. Not really looking forward to reliving it, but it might be good to discuss things to help me decide what to do this time. It was when I had the epidural (which didn't actually work) I had the spinal fluid leak, not the spinal block before the c section. I have heard the needle is much thinner for the spinal block, so hopefully it won't be so bad. I am still thinking a natural birth might be better, but I am undecided. I think OH is keen for me to have a c section, and my sister recommends a c section because of her past experiences.

I haven't even sent off for my maternity exception card, :dohh: I didn't want to send it off until after the scan, and now I just keep forgetting! I also haven't booked my 16 week appointment, I'll try to do both those things today! :thumbup:

Are you having a good week? I hope you are taking things easier now! Xxxxxx

Negativity when telling people about a pregnancy is so off. I found it so hard before we had Sienna, felt like everyone was falling pregnant at a mere oops and we were left with empty arms :cry:. BUT I was always genuinely pleased for everyone, one of my friends broke down and was so upset about telling me she was pregnant and I responded with "but this is YOUR baby, I'm going to love it with all my heart, like I always would and always will. I don't relate it back to me, as it's not inside me, I don't have any negative feelings towards you or your baby, it's not mine, so nothing for me to feel". I did feel sad not being pregnant but that was because I wanted to share our journey's together. Turned out we had Sienna 9 months after my friend had her little boy and now we go on an annual holiday all together as families and the kids adore each other :thumbup:. She often says I made what could have been a tough situation a much better one. Weirdly I think my hubby found it harder than me at first but we got our rainbow in the end !:hugs:

I guess SIL didn't want me to 'steal' her thunder by having a baby so close to hers. I made a huge fuss of their pregnancy, I made a hamper full of goodies for her and hubby. I guess she didn't want to have to do the same :haha:. We received a card in the post yesterday to say congratulations, I thought it was cute but me and hubby did laugh as BIL wrote it so SIL obviously isn't all that pleased :haha::haha::haha:.

I'm with you on just being happy for you, we feel the same. You're so lucky, I bet you'll be able to wear all your maternity clothes again this time around as the seasons are the same as they were when you were pregnant with Ida? Sienna was born end of June, so my summer maternity clothes are ahem, stretched!! :blush:

It's so good you get a debrief for your previous birth, I think it's a good thing, hopefully it'll help you to make a decision around what you want to do this time. My advice is stick to what you want to do at the end, don't do what the doctors tell you to do, just force it with the doctors if you have to :friends:. I strongly want a VBAC but I'm still going to have to go to the hospital that's miles away either way, as the local one won't take me because of previous c-section and the risk of rupture blah blah blah ! :headspin:

So glad you didn't get food poisoning, that would be hideous. As hubby says "better out than in!" when it comes to burping etc !!:rofl: I'm still constipated a lot of the time so have tailed off eating so much as just feel so bloated. I think I've lost a bit of weight because of it now but not going to weigh myself unless I have to.

I sent my exemption card off weeks ago, they back date it to a month before apparently. I got my 20 week scan through the post, it's on Monday 5th June in the afternoon :happydance:.

Have you got any plans for the weekend? Hubby is out tonight so no doubt will be "tired" (hungover) tomorrow. We've got no plans, I'm looking forward to a chilled weekend.

Are you sending Ida to nursery? Sienna finally managed to secure a place in our local nursery, I'm so pleased !!:yipee: She starts in September.

xxxxx

Hi Aleeah!

I still haven't heard back if Ida has a place at preschool, I hope that she does because I only applied to one place! That's great that Sienna got a place at nursery. :flower:

I hope your SIL can be happy for you soon, maybe she's a little hormonal and sleep deprived. Seems strange to be funny with you when she's already had her baby anyway. Glad you're not letting it bother you! :thumbup:

I've done lots of research into VBAC and Elective C Section and have decided that probably a c section is best for me because of the likely hood of me ending up with an emergency c section anyway. But I still keep changing my mind, I even bought a hypnobirthing book the other day! :haha:

That's great you're set on a VBAC, I hate being undecided!

We had a relaxing weekend, went out for a meal on Saturday afternoon just the three of us, which was lovely. We sat outside and it was really sunny.

Then OH went out in the evening so I was all lonely, and he didn't get home until 1.30am, and I couldn't sleep until he got back! So Sunday we were all a little exhausted and just had a quiet day and went to the park. How was your weekend? :flower: Can't believe we're almost 14 weeks! Is that when second trimester begins?

Our 20 week scan is a few days after yours, on Thursday 8th June (Election Day!) :happydance: xxxx

Hello there !:hi:

I only applied to one place for Sienna too, so was really hoping she got her place and luckily she did. I had a really weird realisation over the weekend, Sienna will be going to school in September 2018 !!:shrug: She was born late June and I didn't appreciate that children go to school during their 5 birthday year, so for Sienna that means she'll be starting school soon after she turns 4.. this made me really sad. She seems so little, well to me, physically she's really slim but average height and she thinks she knows the answer to everything, so talks for England but to me she's still so little :sad2:. I feel bad as wish we'd put her into nursery earlier, so she didn't just have 1 year to learn about that sort of environment, I assumed she'd be at nursery for 1 1/2 - 2 years before school.

The whole VBAC vs C-Section is such a tough one. I think it'd be easier if we were guaranteed a successful VBAC if that's what we chose to do but the fact you could be trying for hours and even days to still end up with a c-section I agree is demoralising.:growlmad: I totally get your reasons why, to be honest I sway between the two as well. We shall see what ends up happening !:shrug:

I suggested to hubby I get a doula for the birth as he was so useless last time, we did laugh about it, as he said you'll leave me for her as she'll be a better partner !!:rofl: He's silly! I don't want the expense or a random unnecessary person looking at my bits though so I doubt I'll actually do it.

Your Saturday sounds like the perfect day:thumbup:. I took Sienna out to the local library to get some more books for her, that was fun, she kept walking the long way everywhere, so took me ages to get back but the sun was shining so it wasn't all bad. We then went to field opposite to pick dandelions to blow, it was lovely. Hubby came out too with her Sienna's car (he bought her the most ridiculous Christmas present, a small 2 child seater electric car) and we went for a little walk whilst she drove it. It was lovely, then he did some gardening whilst Sienna and I played with her sandpit. I tried to avoid OH as he had a horrible hangover and was a real pain with it. I get your point about not being able to sleep until hubby came home, OH got in at 1.45am and I didn't sleep till he got in either and he decided to put all the lights etc on. We did have a serious chat today as he's being silly, he's cancelled going out with his friends this coming weekend as he doesn't want a horrible hangover again, not sure why he can't go out and just drink a little less!?

I'm out with my friends on Friday night, I'm looking forward to it but also a bit nervous, I've not told them I'm pregnant again and don't feel like I can say anything yet. Some of them know people I work with and I'm not confident they won't blab. I don't need the hassle at work at the moment, so trying to keep it under wraps:loopy:. I'm freaking out about what to wear as my middle has got so much thicker but ASOS currently have 20% off maternity wear and 20% using student discount (I've got a card because of my degree) so I've ordered a tonne of stuff to arrive tomorrow, hopefully I can get something to fit me and not make me look preggo !!:dohh:

What an awesome date for the scan, maybe you'll be having the next leader !!:thumbup:

I can't quite believe we're nearly 14 weeks too, I guess that is the second trimester !:wohoo::yipee:! I've still had no symptoms so I caved got the doppler out last night, found the heartbeat within seconds and then it kept moving, was funny!

My exemption card arrived on Saturday morning so I went and got the iron tablets... my horrendous only symptom got worse with them though, constipation!!:blush: I've drunk lots of prune juice and that's helped but it's also made me somewhat ... erm.... windy !!:haha::blush: Pregnancy is just so sexy !! :headspin:

XXXXXXX

I stupidly sent out my maternity exemption prescription form without getting a midwife or doctor to do the third section where they confirm I'm pregnant! So it arrived back in the post to me, telling me to get the other part filled in. :dohh:

A midwife came today to discuss my previous birth with me, and I completely forgot to get her to sign the form! I had it ready for her next to us on the sofa as well.

It was a little traumatic talking about Ida's birth. The midwife was really sympathetic and apologetic about how things went and how I was treated. Her sympathetic voice kept making me cry! :sad2:

She said that I can have whichever birth I want this time, whether c section or VBAC. I'm still swaying towards the c section. She has made an anaesthetist appointment for me to discuss what went wrong with the epidural and how a spinal block would be for me this time if I had one for a c section.

She said that the midwife dealing with me should have offered other pain relief first before I had an epidural. I told her how that the doctor was snappy and rude with me while trying to check how dilated I was, and she said it wasn't one of their usual doctors and she will send the feedback back as it shouldn't have been that way.

I still haven't heard if Ida has a place at preschool. :growlmad: I'm starting to think I should apply somewhere else as well in case she doesn't get a place. It's getting late to apply, as I'd like her to start in January.

I hope that your night out goes well and you find something nice to wear! I would just tell work if I were you. I really don't think they would make you redundant, as you would be costing them less on maternity leave because the government pays that money.

I gave up on my Doppler a couple of weeks ago. I used some massage oil as a gel on my tummy, and later saw that you should consult your doctor before using the massage oil during pregnancy! I had smothered my tummy in the stuff, and it stank all peppery. :nope: I couldn't hear the heartbeat, but my Doppler is really cheap and I had trouble finding it last time with Ida and I was 16 weeks then. I feel the odd wriggle now and again, can't wait for regular kicks. I go a whole day with nothing and then feel a tiny flutter another day. :cloud9:

Have you got anything planned for the bank holiday weekend? :happydance: We're seeing OH's sister and her family at some point, but other than that it's going to be quite chilled out. :thumbup:

Here is a pic of my bump! (14 weeks)
Xxxxxx

Attachments

• _20170427_135057.jpg
    _20170427_135057.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
How's my bump buddy? I hope you are well. :hugs: xxx

Hey there!!

Sorry I've been missing in action for a while, work's been silly hectic, I've been given notice now but not leaving until maternity leave starts and have been given an incentive to handover and do a good job until then, so it's very manic. I was upset initially but can't really complain as they're offshoring the whole lot so there's a lot of us leaving, so at least know it's not personal.

How are you? We had our 20 week scan yesterday and from memory you have yours today? The scan went well, it's so strange though, I still don't really look pregnant. I've only put on 4lbs and was really worried there was something wrong with the baby but baby's there measuring slightly smaller but all seems well. I'm hoping I'll put weight on over the next few weeks as we're on holiday in a few weeks and I want a cute bump by then !!

How have you been? Your bump was beautiful back in April !! How's Ida? We took Sienna to the scan and she kept asking the sonographer if she could hurry up and get her baby sister out so she could play with her !! Was very funny! Then she asked the sonographer if she'd put the baby there... cue awkward laughter!! We are still team green but I'm certain it's a girl, there were no obvious boy bits when she was measuring legs etc.

Good luck and thinking of you, I'll post a bump pic in a bit from my phone xxxxxx

Bump pics and this is me in over the bump jeans and maternity top to try and emphasise it :wacko: :haha:

Attachments

• IMG_4837.jpg
    IMG_4837.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4838.jpg
    IMG_4838.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1
Hey there!!

Sorry I've been missing in action for a while, work's been silly hectic, I've been given notice now but not leaving until maternity leave starts and have been given an incentive to handover and do a good job until then, so it's very manic. I was upset initially but can't really complain as they're offshoring the whole lot so there's a lot of us leaving, so at least know it's not personal.

How are you? We had our 20 week scan yesterday and from memory you have yours today? The scan went well, it's so strange though, I still don't really look pregnant. I've only put on 4lbs and was really worried there was something wrong with the baby but baby's there measuring slightly smaller but all seems well. I'm hoping I'll put weight on over the next few weeks as we're on holiday in a few weeks and I want a cute bump by then !!

How have you been? Your bump was beautiful back in April !! How's Ida? We took Sienna to the scan and she kept asking the sonographer if she could hurry up and get her baby sister out so she could play with her !! Was very funny! Then she asked the sonographer if she'd put the baby there... cue awkward laughter!! We are still team green but I'm certain it's a girl, there were no obvious boy bits when she was measuring legs etc.

Good luck and thinking of you, I'll post a bump pic in a bit from my phone xxxxxx

So glad to hear from you! :happydance:

Oh no! Sorry to hear you've been made redundant. :hugs: Good that it's not personal though, and that you're starting to feel okay about it.

I'm so glad your scan went well! :happydance: That's so cute what Sienna said! Our scan is tomorrow at 2pm, but we are having my mum look after Ida. We are staying team yellow, but will def peek when the sonographer angles the scan in that area! Ida keeps saying that we are having a girl, I'm hoping she's right because a sister for her would be lovely, but I would obviously be happy either way.

I was very ill a few weeks ago, I had awful diarreah for 8 days, a hives rash and a high temperature. So glad that went! I'm fine now, but the silly doctor messed up my blood test and my arm is still all bruised. She told me it's my fault for not applying enough pressure! The bruise on my arm was giant and dark purple, and I couldn't even use my arm properly for 2 weeks, thankfully the bruise is fading now.

Ida has been a little naughty recently, she seems to enjoy me telling her off! Hopefully it's just a phase... How is Sienna doing? Is she excited about the baby?

I LOVE your bump, it's so cute! I'll try to upload a pic soon. Did you get a scan picture? Xxxx

Hey there!!

So glad to hear from you! :happydance:

Oh no! Sorry to hear you've been made redundant. :hugs: Good that it's not personal though, and that you're starting to feel okay about it.

I'm so glad your scan went well! :happydance: That's so cute what Sienna said! Our scan is tomorrow at 2pm, but we are having my mum look after Ida. We are staying team yellow, but will def peek when the sonographer angles the scan in that area! Ida keeps saying that we are having a girl, I'm hoping she's right because a sister for her would be lovely, but I would obviously be happy either way.

I was very ill a few weeks ago, I had awful diarreah for 8 days, a hives rash and a high temperature. So glad that went! I'm fine now, but the silly doctor messed up my blood test and my arm is still all bruised. She told me it's my fault for not applying enough pressure! The bruise on my arm was giant and dark purple, and I couldn't even use my arm properly for 2 weeks, thankfully the bruise is fading now.

Ida has been a little naughty recently, she seems to enjoy me telling her off! Hopefully it's just a phase... How is Sienna doing? Is she excited about the baby?

I LOVE your bump, it's so cute! I'll try to upload a pic soon. Did you get a scan picture? Xxxx

Sorry I've been so slow in replying again!! It's been mental busy we foolishly decided to have a birthday party for Sienna 2 days after we get back from holiday so I've been desperately trying to get it organised before we went away and now realise there's loads of things I still need, like paper plates etc so ordering stuff to be delivered to neighbours, not ideal !

We're away in Morocco at the moment, it's 40 degrees, just what I need right now !! Hoping the weather will cool down soon, I hear the UKs having a heatwave too, hope you're out enjoying it?

How was your scan? Did you manage to stay team green?? So sorry about your illness, hives are not pleasant, hope you're all recovered now? Sienna's been playing up a bit recently too, someone told me kids are worse at 3 than 2 these days....great !

Xxxxx

Hi Aleeah! My scan went really well thanks, baby was all good. We didn't find out what the sex was, and the sonographer said they didn't even know because baby had it's legs crossed! I had a very disappointing appointment with a consultant today who told me that he isn't letting me have a c section. My reasons didn't seem to matter, he just folded his arms and said 'Why do you think you were made this appointment?' meaning he was there to tell me what the decision would be. He initially said he would have me induced at 40 weeks if I hadn't laboured before then, and I point blank refused to be induced. So he said I can have a c section at 40 weeks if I haven't gone into labour by then. I'm terrified of uterine abruption. :nope:

How was your holiday in Mexico and Sienna's party? Wow can't believe she is 3 already!

Xxxxxx

Here is a photo of our scan pic:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members