Our journeys to baby #2

Disneylovers

Mummy to Aiden
Reaction score
Been in a few ttc groups and been left as the last to conceive? Left hearing crickets to your posts?

It's hard, it's stressful and depressing at times. So with that you're welcome to join us, where we can support each other in 'not quite but almost LTTC status'

Afm: Hubby and I have been actively trying since Sept '16 (and NTNP since May/June '16), with nothing to show but a few evaps/indents and a bfp that turned into a CP 2 days before DS's 3rd birthday. Always hopeful till that darn temp drops!

Ps. Ftale where you at?

Here I am!! :flower:

I fell asleep...hahah

It seems like its been more than forever Disney. I didn't know how I could possibly make it this far and have any type of sanity left. It is very nice to have some one to share in this journey with. I'm sure there are plenty more like us who are still waiting. I hope they join us for the long haul. I feel like you are my next door neighbor...lol...I get to peak into my computer window and talk to the west coast :haha:

So my update for this morning after the temp plop yesterday is it rose back up!!! :happydance: I know its too soon to get excited but I was so excited. When my temp drops it just never recovers. Will it stay up tomorrow? I don't know. I'm just happy for today.

OH, and I woke up very early around 1am with severe cramping. I had to take Tylenol and hot bag my lower back. If I implanted, should it hurt that bad. It was the same as yesterday morning but covering all of my uterus and pain lasted longer. It was so weird. Felt like my uterus was suspended while some one was squeezing it. :shrug:

With TTC you really have to have blind hope. All symptoms just seem like PMS until you get a bfp. (sigh)

I need a nap. Going to snooze a bit before getting the wee one up for summer camp. Catch you later.

:sleep:

Yay for temp rises Ftale! I hope the cramping is implantation! AF and BFP symptoms can be so similar it's torture!

AFM: AF went on her wicked way yesterday, I think we're going back to the BD every other or every 3rd day until I ovulate plan again, that worked with the cycle I had a CP with... I'm really beginning to believe that I ovulate before I get a positive opk when testing just once a day, that's what I get for trying to be laid back and not stress LOL.

Disney: YAY!!! the witch is gone. No love lost there :haha:HAHAHAH...I like laid back but these opks lately...its like they don't go REALLY positive till the day I ovulate. And I'm the opposite where I don't ovulate till after the positive (that breaks the stick), the pain, and a day or two after it seems. So that's how we went after the egg this time.

My plan was the every other day til positive then every day until temp rises but I had so many days of blazing positives...lol

Goodness me. I hope this cycle did it. I will crush my bbt thermometer and pee on every stick that ever gave me a bfn :cry: Ok, not really but you get my point.

I'm still working at home today. I really just want to sleep though...heheh
I have so much grocery shopping to do. I'm putting it off till last minute.

What are yo up to?

hehe, I did so well last cycle, only peed on one hpt and you saw that flipping indent/evap :dohh:

I'm ok, I almost forgot to temp this morning, I'm trying to be more relaxed about it... maybe too relaxed heh. I'm determined to not start opks before CD15, I have never had a positive earlier than CD17, I know a week of testing early will just be frustrating and wasting tests, testing early for anything is not on my relaxed but determined ttc plan lol

I meant to wash our comforters today but I had no get up and go to go out to the machines (our apt building has a laundry room but they lock it from 9pm till 9am), by 9am I had no enthusiasm to go out there and do anything because, well, snuggles with DS were too much. I don't know what flip switched in his brain lately but there's less tantrums and more lovey sweetness, he sat there talking about throwing me a birthday party and 'made' me a cake, then his toys all got me sweet imaginary gifts... I'm all stuff the laundry and let me soak this up! It makes the want for baby #2 so much more intense though, to know you created that adorable little human being, ah it's intoxicating in a good way lol

Hi Disney and ftale, would it be ok if I joined? Ive definitely been left behind in so many threads I've lost count!

Hubby and I have been ntnp since May 2016, actively ttc since July but had to miss October and November.

Not sure if we've managed to cover ourselves this month. Dh flew out for work today, but my opks were only just starting to get dark on Saturday morning, urghh. Then I ran out! I think I may have Od today, so hoping we've done enough leading up to it. Not feeling very hopeful though.

Oh and my wonderful ds is 3 and 1/2 and desperate for a sibling. Although some days I think he'd prefer a puppy!!

Hope to support you ladies too, this ttc business sucks.

Welcome FX!!:flower:

TTC does suck for some of us. You feel like a zombie. As for bding on O day, its said its best to have the sperm waiting on the egg unless you have a sperm quality/quantity issue. So though your hubby left already you should be good to go. I forget if you had a chart posted. If not, temping will really let you know if you ovulated (or get a temp shift up) until BFP or AF. FX that you have plenty waiting on eggie. :thumbup:

Disney: I think Aiden is going to love having a sibling. He is all smiles. When you look at him you can't help but smile, its so natural...lol. They do change at that age. That's the age my daughter was completely potty trained. She just told me no on the pull ups for sleepy time. I was afraid to let her stay in her cute lil undies but she wouldn't have it any other way. I forgot about it and slept next to her only to wake to find her dry. OH the initial panic was funny though :haha: I was looking all over for pee..hahaha

Speaking of temping. My temp was so high this morning I had to check to see if my thermometer was broken. I'm wondering if the room is just too hot too. I got up and moved around a bit and temped with two different thermometers. Everything is still the same. Shocked. I feel like I'm getting ready to start AF but my temps are climbing. I see so many charts with lovely temps that fall below coverline the day before AF.
I don' t know when to get excited. :coffee:

Welcome FX!

Ftale, I have everything crossed for you! I hope this is it and you get your bfp!

And I wish DS was at the stage to potty train, he's so flipping stubborn, I caught him hiding to poop and walked him to the potty, he sat there and did nothing, put a diaper back on him and he pooped before leaving the bathroom gah! If I push him, he gets more stubborn to not do things haha, He's very much an independent learner, he was that way with crawling, walking etc, on his terms or he hides it from you lol.

Anyway, he would be so sweet with a sibling, I can't believe he's been asking for one for over a year now, I remember he wanted to take in the neighbor's little girls as our own, he was all "they be my sisters peeeeseee?"

And AFM: June gloom over here my temp was way down to O dip territory this am but it was cooler in our room so I put it down to that, no way could I O this early in a cycle lol

Disney: Hey what's up with that? Your temps are totally headed south. Is this normal? :D
Just in case get some bd or ivi in!!

As for pooping, I found you have to give them something they can only use while going poop. So a new super cool toy or book that they can only play with on the toilet. Makes it more exciting.

Well, my temp went up again this morning. I feel like AF is coming but my temp says its not. I can smell it coming....ugh. I will be floored if my temps rises in the morning. I want to test to get it over with but being 8dpo won't help..lol

Thanks for the welcome ladies! No I don't chart, I should probably try it but i think I'm still in denial that it's taking this long ttc so I never start, thinking I'm sure this month it'll work. Oh how wrong I've been!!!

Still totally confused as to whether I've Od or not. I'm cramping today, but cervix is medium/hard not squishy soft anymore, but feeling very wet (it's creamy though). I'm so annoyed, I feel like I almost dried up in what was supposed to be my fertile days. I wish I hadn't run out of opks!!!!

Thanks for the welcome ladies! No I don't chart, I should probably try it but i think I'm still in denial that it's taking this long ttc so I never start, thinking I'm sure this month it'll work. Oh how wrong I've been!!!

Still totally confused as to whether I've Od or not. I'm cramping today, but cervix is medium/hard not squishy soft anymore, but feeling very wet (it's creamy though). I'm so annoyed, I feel like I almost dried up in what was supposed to be my fertile days. I wish I hadn't run out of opks!!!!

Ah,ok, it can seen time consuming but once you get the hang of it, you'll see how much it helps you. Takes the guess work out 'when will I ovulate or did I ovulate?' ..lol. You temp dips down which is the first indicator that it is going to ovulate, then the next day or two your temp will be higher than your AF days.

But its all up to you :winkwink:

Just keep bding up until cd 18 to be safe.

Ftale, way way too early to O so I chalk it up to the room being colder I had that on one stupidly long cycle if I remember rightly, lots of temp tanking way low then spiking and tanking again, we'll see, if I miss this month I guess it's a sign I should go ahead and get my wisdom teeth out lol

Fingers crossed your temp stays up, I'm rooting for you!

FX, I think temping or OPK's (or both) are the way to go, we conceived DS on the first cycle I used OPK's back in 2013, I was missing O day each month before that

Disney I didn't know that. Man, were you bding too soon or too late before opk?

My temp went down from 98.50 to 98.34. It was up to 98.50 for one day only anyway. Before that 98.34.

My heart rate is so calm. I keep reading about how it should be higher if pregnant. I'm at 59 or 60 while resting than anywhere from 70 to 100 if I get active.

Do you track hrt at all?

FX: How are you feeling today?

Who knows Ftale, I was stressed out about Aiden's tooth that cycle, thank goodness it was fine, kid gives me the worries something terrible when he hurts himself

Temp is hovering low so I'm guessing it's just the room temp affecting it, changed to camisole type pj tops so the bare arms probably has something to do with it too. I do track RHR when I remember, I tend to only track my late night ones as they're true resting when everyone but me is asleep, l do love those few hours of mummy time alone lol... binge watch everything you can't when Aiden is awake hahaha, but yeah my Resting HR is around 62-65 pre-O, 72-80 post-O it stays up until the night before my temp dips from what I've noticed

Disney: WOW, so maybe I'm not Oing like I thought. I don't recall my rhr being any different. I'm going to look at the app and see if I can look back at it. I don't remember if I wore it before AF started.

I like mommy time too!! I like watching my channels with out have in LOOK at this every other second...HAHAAH

Interesting to read about heart rates, I just always forget to take it!

I'm ok, really cramping still and a lot of cm. It does feel like cramps I usually get after O, so I'm hoping it's that so we stand a chance this month!

Ugh. Time for bed. How do you prepare yourself for a bfn. I'm cramping hard in the front like earlier in my cycle. My whole body feels like it does prior to AF.
I test tomorrow. :roll:FX

Hi, I'd like to join!

DS1 was born in Oct 2011. I went onto depo injection at my 6 week check up. Stopped when DS was 18 months (was meant to have a shot then but never did). We ntnp for 6 months then actively ttc'd for 2 years after that. Nothing happened. Not even close. Not even a maybe. Just nothing.

Gave up and decided we were meant to be a 3 person family at the end of 2015 (all the ttc was making me crazy).
Sold all our baby stuff during the course of 2016. Felt much happier for it, like I could move forward with life. But towards the end of the year started having doubts about whether calling it quits really was the best thing. I never went back on bc and dh hasn't been using anything, so it was ntnp in the truest sense of the word, although we were aiming to avoid fertile times (not always successfully).

Then late April this year I got a surprise, totally unexpected bfp. To say we were both shocked was an understatement. But I very quickly grew thrilled with the idea and I can honestly say I haven't been that happy in a long time. There was a great big spring in my step and everythign just seemed great again.
I mc 1 week later.
Spent the whole of May spotting and basically waiting for everything to end fully.

Bring on June and some positivity and my first cycle after the mc and I am now rearing to go and hoping to get another bfp nice and soon.

I know we've sold everything, and I know in some ways it would be better not to have another child, but my heart aches so strongly for one and I really really really think it is what we need. I've never seen myself with only one child, and even after deciding to give up on ttc I felt like something was missing. So I'm giving it all I've got in the hopes we get a sticky one. Not sure how long I'll ttc, as it made me pretty crazy last time, but for now I'm going for it.
I'm currently CD7.

Welcome "Huggles" :flower:

I'm horribly sorry for your loss. It is devastating to go through. Well, you are in the right place. We are in it for the long haul. Hopefully the haul will be shorten for us sooner than later though.

And you can stock up on baby things again :hugs:

So sorry for your loss huggles, wishing you loads of luck starting ttc again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->