Our new house! EDIT- pics of house before

It looks fab! Really cosy! Well done and congrats! xx

Love the sofa! My mate has that in a suedey brown! Totally trying to figure out where abouts it is from the window views, haha.

Love the sofa! My mate has that in a suedey brown! Totally trying to figure out where abouts it is from the window views, haha.

I will PM you ;) we got the sofa from Reid Furniture for £1600, it's on Harveys for £6000 right now!

I love the kitchen! That sofa is like a mans' dream haha.

Good luck with the move :flower:

Looks good :)
Although I have to say the before pictures don't look that bad.

Bathroom looks lush, and the kitchen looks so much better than before!

Looks good :)
Although I have to say the before pictures don't look that bad.

The before pics were taken months before we bought it and the guy was a heavy smoker there was a layer of nicotine on all surfaces. There was also chipboard wallpaper on most of the walls. The master bedroom wasn't too bad admittedly. The kitchen LOOKS ok but I wouldn't dream of cooking in it in a million years even after scrubbing every surface with bleach, it was disgusting! The house also stunk of smoke and generally yuckiness.

I can understand that :)
The place we moved into was in a right state but thankfully it didn't smell. We are getting our kitchen done in the next few weeks which I am so excited about-we've been here for 6 years and the kitchen is basic beyond belief and about 60 years old-that's why I thought yours looked good lol.

The cupboards at the top were coming away for the walls as well, it was pretty awful overall.. The fridge and underneath the cabinets had beasties and we also have some sort of infestation in the floor boards (wood worm I think?!) so the base cabinets needed to be pulled out and the floorboards checked too.. We also knocked down a storage cover thing to make the kitchen bigger.

Luckily we haven't had to do the work as we live there so we've been able to get it up to the standard we want before moving in.. With having LO we didn't think DIY would go very well :haha:

Having lo's does make it hard to do DIY lol. We stripped out all the carpets and OH sanded down and oiled the floors in the loung, dinning room and our room and we painted the lounge and our bedroom and tarted up the kitchen including putting in some work surface as there wasn't any! But then we had to move in and we ran out of money!! We've been frantically saving for the past 4/5 years and we finally have enough money to extend and fit a new kitchen, add a new room on the back and do much needed work to the lounge. Then we've just got to get the money to replace and insulate the roof and do something with the dinning room and hall, stairs and landing!!! It's never ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->