out!!! now going into 9th month TTC :-( HSG next Monday!

littlemeorhim

Reaction score
AF came saturday, which was two days early! Guess we will be trying for another month (our 9th month). HSG is on the 18th. Ready to have it and see if there is anything wrong with me!

I feel you - we are going into month #10 - I've had it as well and I've said to myself we are going to give it our all this cycle, and if it doesn't work out I will have to make that Dr.'s appointment to see if there is a bigger problem.

I hope we both come out on top this month!

I'm with you guys this will also be my 8th month ttc. What is HSG??? I'm going to make an app to see if I'm even ovulating and will consider starting Clomid next month if I'm not.

I'm out as well ladies af showed up Sunday night. 21 day bloods say I didn't ovulate this cycle which I believe cause it lasted 40 freaking days ugh. Been ttc since June 2012. Doc wants HSG done before going with clomid my appointment is also on the 18th. How are you feeling about it? I'm nervous about the discomfort/pain the procedure has. But I'm excited as well to finally being having some solid path towards a bfp not just guessing for 2+ more years

Genesis - I am excited about the HSG! I need some clarity in this brain and hopefully it will help take out anything that is in the way too. Beechy - when was your HSG?
Kbird - HSG is an x ray where they shoot fluid into your tubes and uterus to make sure everything is open and that there are no cysts in your uterus.

Haven't 'done an HSG test yet - I guess that will be my next step if this cycle is a bust! Ugh

I have an HSG appointment Friday. I been TTC for aa
Couple of years but finally decided to seek help

Hi there, I had my HSG (after over 2 years of TTC) two weeks ago. Just coming to the end of my tww afterwards.

I would recommend you do lots of research about what to expect and follow the advice of your doctor. I found it particularly helpful to take some pain killers about 30 mins-1 hour prior. I didn't take antibiotics - thankfully, I don't think I needed to. I also found it particularly helpful that the radiologist who performed the procedure talked me through every single step as he was doing it. He was a stranger who I'd never met before until he walked into the room with my legs up in the air!!! But him talking through the steps really helped. I also made sure I could see the screen clearly - I made them move it around further for me.

Some women have no pain at all during the procedure, some have severe pain, so it is hard to predict where you will be on the scale. The pain I had was worse than regular period cramps - almost to the point of tears, but I believe that was because he was pushing through more dye to try to clear out my tubes. Apparently my tubes were blocked at the ends and pushing through more dye opened them up and allowed the dye to flow through freely. I also felt quite light headed afterwards.

The pain dissipated after the procedure but I had residual pain, cramps and bloating for a few days. I felt awful that night and the next day - ibuprofen helped. DTD was painful for about 10 days afterwards, worse in specific positions, but last time, it was fine.

Go in with knowledge about what is going to happen and I hope it goes well for you.

Genesis - I am excited about the HSG! I need some clarity in this brain and hopefully it will help take out anything that is in the way.

Yea I'm excited too it's been two years and they finally are listening to me screaming "there's something wrong!" I'm glad my doc finally doesn't think I'm just a hypochondriac lol. My appointment is at 10:30am doubt I'll be able to get a good nights rest before day of test. I'm do concerned and freaked about the pain I'm super sensitive even for simple pelvic exams

I made an app for the 19th. It's my first app with them so I don't know what all they'll do being it's my first app. Any questions I should ask? Unfortunately it will be CD 13 that day so they wont be able to tell me if I'm ovulating but maybe I could go back to get those tests done a few days later. And I'll inquire about the HSG.

Get some of those OPK's and take them every morning. YOu can get cheap ones. I believe mine are called Alice high sensitivity Ovulation test. That way you will know every day if you are ovulating or not ot are about too. I would go ahead and have them order the fertility kit so they can check your blood and his as well as take his samples and test them too.

about to change my "profile" picture. It was making me laugh now it's just getting on my nerves!

Hello ladies, well wishes for you all, keep trying and stay in faith. My very first cycle starts this month.

AF came saturday, which was two days early! Guess we will be trying for another month (our 9th month). HSG is on the 18th. Ready to have it and see if there is anything wrong with me!

Can I ask why you are rushing into invasive tests? Is there another factor to consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->