Outward facing sling?

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
Hiya,

I love and adore my meitai and do not want to get rid of it but does anyone know of a sling thats similar to a meitai but that harry can face out in?

Lately he seems to crane his neckround all the time to look at stuff and when i put hi on my back he bends in half backwards so im constantly fretting about him!!! :dohh:

I was wondering if theres a good sling i can get to try him facing out to see if he likes it????

TIA :kiss:

I don't know of any, I think the thing is the leg position. The legs are meant to be wide, like when facing you in a mei tai, which they can't do facing out.

You could try a ring sling and carry him on your hip? Great for round the house and short trips but obviously not as supportive as a mei tai.

thanks, ill see what i can pick up, dont really want to spend a fortune on something we might not get on with! x

I have a Close carrier but I dont think I am going to use it after my son is 12 months. My baby feels alot heavier carried on the front than he does on the back and his legs are so long that they hit into my knees when they walk. I enjoyed using the carrier for about the first 10/11 months though.

what about a hip carrier? https://www.scootababy.com/ It might give him more oppertunity to look about.

If thats not suitable then I found this online. I dont know if you can get them in the UK but it shows a front carry and its meitai style.
https://www.theportablebaby.com/pikkolo.html

thanks everyone, i was oggling an ellaroo woven earlier but decided i really cant justify spending a small fortune on another sling so i think we will stick with the mei tai - i had a look online earlier and found some good instructions for the hip hold and also i found out i have been wearing harry too low on my body so we went out ealier with the new improved holds and he seems happier. thanks :)

What about a high back carry with the mei tai so he can look over your shoulder? Or an ordinary wrap with a hip carry?

when i put him on my back the other day he kept flinging himselfback... not sure i tied it right it was our 1st time!!

You have to pull it quite snug so he is leaning against you - if I don't do that then my son tries the kamikaze launch out of the back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->