Ov question

Greta

Reaction score
Hi there, we bd on Sunday morning (CD 10) and I got a OPK peak on Tuesday afternoon (CD12) as well as EWCM.

On about the same day my bbs went tender. Then on Weds evening the OPK was again negative. I know when you get a positive you are meant to O within 24-36 hours but can it mean you could also within an hour or so? And so does a negative test mean it has already happened?

Because of circumstances we didn't bed again early hours of today (CD 14), so I am thinking we missed it entirely. Another month not quite there!

Thanks for your help, G. x.

you tend to ovulate 12-36 hours after your burst of hormone, then egg lives 12-24 hours...i'm afraid i'm not sure in if you can ovulate within a couple of hours of burst but i imagine women probably can as lets be honest things vary so much woman to woman with the ttc malarky!!!
hopefully you didn't miss it, but just in case next month try to BD for a few days after you think you ovulated just in case (i think that was part of my problem last month that we stopped BD'ing too soon)
x

I will say this much about the opk's. It is possible to ov just after a + opk as the opk's cannot tell you wether you are starting to surge, are peaking or at the tailend of a surge. (unless you are one of those lucky ladies that has a 'fade in'. Getting stronger and stronger as you test.) As far as the cbfm the rule of thumb is that you will ov between 12 and 36 hours after a peak.

If the question is merely about chances this month- i would say as long as you've bd before ov you are fine. I have never once bd on ov day (never managed it, lol!) But got pg from bd 2 days before ov and this time the day before - i.e. the day before a cbfm peak and the day of it. It does work!!

Good luck Greta..hope it answers some of your questions..

Hugs, Omi xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"