Ov tests as pregnancy tests?

kooks

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if you can use ovulation tests as pregnancy tests? I am aware that the hormones the tests look for are slightly different, but I was wondering if anybody has been pregnant and got a definate two lines on an ovulation test stick?

Ovulation Tests can pick up on HCG in your urine, as on a Molecular level, LH (Lutenising Hormone - The Hormone thats detected before ovulation) and HCG (Hormone produced in Pregnncy) are the same...So in theory, if you are pregnant the OPK will show with a Positive result....But as the OPK can't diferentiate between LH and HCG, you wouldn't know which of the two hormones the OPK was testing positive for.....So you could be pregnant or just be having an LH surge!

Hope that makes sense,

I tested this out when I was strongly positive on a PG test and my O test was a bold positive - darker than control line but its not accurate to use this method as Rachie was sorta saying :D

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. I think I'm preggers done a few tests and had both bfns and bfps.
Did O tests too and the lines on those have been bold for five days, so just realy confused!

do another test to make sure and try get a more exspensive one if u havent already used one if not i woukd go to docs and see what they say goo luck hun

go for a digital. they are really good I hear but all I've ever had is BFN from having not been preggers when I used one.

When I was ttc I took O sticks for the whole month. It was my first time taking them and I wanted to get into a habit. Well on CD15 I O'd and then kept taking them. They went neg by CD20 (5DPO) but by CD24 (10DPO) they were blazing positives again. Here I am almost 16 weeks pg and the O sticks worked for me :lol: ...Not accurate though as the others have said, I could have just been having a freak cycle and O'ing twice that month. So DO a test and tell us the news :D

I would definitely take another test though, just to be sure x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->