Over 30 and Fabulous!

Hope AF takes its sweet time to come back. I did express regularly over the 24hr period that I couldn't bf as I didn't want my supply to tank.

I love my little girl heaps and hope to have a second one but we are not trying till she is at least a year old possibly even 1.5yrs old. I did not enjoy being pregnant and am in no hurry to go back there again. Plus I am hopeful to be able to take six months off again with number two so we need to get in a better financial situation than no we would be in the next twelve months. I know that it could take some time to fall pregnant with another but by the same token it could happen quickly (I know of a number of people this has happened to - lttcers even).

Look at us...talking about #2 already! :haha:

MsJ, we will probably also wait until jack's 1.5 years. But mostly because we have a trip rafting down the grand canyon (my mom and dad's anniversary, so they're paying for us all to go! SWEET!) and I can't exactly do that preggo or with needles. :haha: So, we'll have to wait until after that. It's a bit of a bummer, because that trip will most likely be next July and I'd really really like to do this whole IVF profess during the summer so I don't have to use sick leave from school. I was really lucky with Jack because I had a schedule with lots of breaks so I could just sneak out and back in and not have to use sick leave or get a sub for my classes, but I'll never have that schedule again. :nope: It's just a LOT of sick days to use and it's annoying. Ah well, can't have everything my way. Anywho, we'll probably do another round next summer. Not sure how many rounds we do before we give up. Probably until our insurance money runs out. I think we have at least another 2 rounds in there. :thumbup:

But I'm really enjoying just having Jack right now. I loved being pregnant, but I don't miss not being able to do stuff. Simple stuff like clean the house without being in pain. working out and not worrying about how high my heart rate is. Drinking wine. :blush: Sleeping without having to get up 4 times to pee. Plus, I'm in noooooo hurry for the first 10-12 weeks of a newborn's life again. Wow. That was hard. Every time I mention #2, dh is like do you remember September through November?! I'm still recovering. :haha:

I know! I think because Ani is almost 11 months old now, and has been sleeping through the night for a while, that I'm super spoiled! When baby #2 comes, it'll be back to sleep deprivation :wacko: But it'll be totally worth it.

Rafting sounds fun! I was just thinking I can't ride any amusement park rides, then I remembered I haven't gone in years anyway :haha:

ps Also I had 2 glasses of wine a few weeks ago :wine: That should tie me over for a while :thumbup:

Okay, anyone here have a baby bathtub that they don't hate? I was using this little seat, but the suction cups weren't adhering properly to the bottom of the tub. Ani literally knocked herself over a few times in the tub. I was right there to catch her of course, but it scared the crap out of me. I am now using the tub I started with originally, the Fisher Price whale tub. Took out the little seat insert because she is bigger now. I still feel like she's not really secure though iykwim. I wish there was some type of inflatable cushion I could put around her hips to keep her steady.

tbh, I didn't crave wine at all when I was pregnant. :thumbup: I was relieved! I did have half a glass when I was 37 weeks preggo though, and I enjoyed it. We were at a winery (I can see your shocked faces from here :rofl:) and I decided women do it all the time, so I can have one half glass.

I have something like this...(pic below) and have loved it but now that Jack is starting to wiggle around, he almost fell out of it the other day and it gave me a heart attack. So I'm also looking for something. I guess maybe it's time for him to just sit like a big boy in the tub? Yikes, that scares me too. I saw on pinterest that you can put your baby in a laundry basket. :haha: Actually thought it was a good idea though. If they do fall over, they hit their head on the edge of the basket rather than the hard tub. Plus, you can drape a towel on the edge.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
Rosa I ended up buying some baby bath mats on Amazon yesterday. I'm going to put one at the bottom of Ani's tub just to provide a little butt traction :haha: I was looking at a bunch of different bathtubs online, and it seems like they're either inflatable or the hard plastic kind. There's also a baby bucket apparently, but I don't think Ani would like to be squished into that thing. She does okay in her whale tub, I'm just scared she's gonna wobble or slip or slide. You must've been scared with Jack when that happened.

So it looks like I can see tooth #8 trying to break through on the bottom! I had noticed she was chewing on things more these past few days, and lo and behold, I can see a little tooth under her gum.

Cant help you there Hakuna - E loves her baths and has a small plastic one and sometime we put her in our big bath - however DH just holds her flat. I can imagine when they start sitting up it starts to get a bit more worrying. I have only bathed Eva once so far :blush: I am too scared of dropping her when she is wet and slippery!

Yikes for the eigth tooth. Someone pointed out today that they go through all thsi only for them to lose them again in a few years :wacko:

MsJ - I hated being pregnant too with all my sickness but I guess I have managed to blank that bit out!! Rosa - I didnt crave wine or coffeee all the time I was pregnan -a although I did have a glass or two when we went to Paris towards the end. I was hoping I would never get the taste back for it - but oh well!!!

Bank holiday weekend here in he Uk - yippeeee!!

I got to November and was watching the lead up to the Melbourne Cup and the tv shows were discussing wine selections for people's cup event (literally everyone in the country stops to watch this horse race) and I was like damn I could so have a glass of sav!! Since A has arrived haven't had any. Just not drinkers and truly no point opening a bottle of.wine just for one glass (DH likes red, I like white).

Sorry can't help you Hakuna. We got.given a baby bath - no idea the brand. Its great but I think A will probably graduate.to the bath seat in the bath tub in the next few months.

Hi ladies! :wave:

Sad the posts have stopped in the other thread but I agree it's for the best.

Firstly, hakuna huge congrats Hun!!! :happydance: how long did it take this time round?

Soleil thanks for your comments about Penny, MIL also says lips like rosebuds!

Mrsmax, when you introduced formula how did you do it? Does Eva sleep better on a night with a bottle?

Wow hadn't even considered that my period might not start! I know you're less fertile bf'ing but I didn't realise no AF's! That's a good thing though right? :winkwink:

Has regal found us yet? Crumbs hasn't been on the thread for AGES, I'm sure she'll find us though. And Aisak?

AFM, penny has colic & has been/is hard work! She seems to be getting a bit better with the gripe water, the infacol was useless on her... I've been pretty unhappy that she's not been a happy baby & haven't been enjoying her, but things are on the up, she's smiling, cooing, watching me, caught her eyes following the cat the other day lol. She's sleeping better at night too :thumbup:

As for #2..... :wacko:

x

Aww poor Penny. Aw poor mom too because you must be sleep deprived. :hugs: Sometimes Ani would scream for no apparent reason when she was very little. Usually the poor thing had gas because I could feel her flexing her tummy trying to poop. I'm sure things will get easier soon! :hugs:

Thanks hakuna, wind/colic is a funny thing, it's like luck of the draw whether your baby gets it or not. It's pretty horrid, but pleased to hear I'm not alone x

Phew I have a grumpy baby at the moment. She's wayyy overtired. Went out to lunch with MIL and grandma and lunch ended up being later afternoon right when she usually has her afternoon nap. :wacko: I'm letting her cry for a couple minutes because I know she barely slept at all today.

Not good to hear Penny has colic. Not fun having a screaming baby. Glad to hear things are on the up. She looked so tiny in the pic on Feb in the pram with your dog sitting nearby - very cute.

Hi ladies! So happy for this thread! Love the title. :hugs:

Had a weird week.

Dh's family has been in an uproar all week until yesterday because his grand called him to specifically express that dh was not kind to a younger family member last month(and that he never has been) and that's why we can't get pregnant.

This seriously blind sided me because really it couldn't be further from the truth. Anyway, I was very hurt especially since she was the only person on his side that we discussed trying to have a baby this year. She said she would pray for us but instead she throws it back up in our faces months later. EXACTLY why we've been private thus far. We shouldn't have doubted ourselves.

DH was completely done. Then so many people got involved quick to take sides. I had to do lot's of damage control this week. He looks up to his grand so much. She and he have always had a strong relationship.

I absolutely can't believe she'd be that spiteful.
After much consoling and encouragement DH talked things out with her. They made amends but dh seems like he will hold a grudge behind this.

Meanwhile, I'm over here thinking...dang is this a Karma thing. I'm not superstitious but it is a cultural norm to blame the unexplained on things beyond our control.

Well that's about it over here. Wish I had something better to say. :)

:hugs: regal. Sorry she said that. You are always so positive and friendly in your posts even when things are down so I don't see why karma would be coming to bite your arse. Some of the girls I went to school with were nasty cows and yet they pop them out and live on govt welfare - no karma coming to bite them.

Hope your DH is okay and this doesn't screw up his relationship with his grand.

Thanks MsJMouse :hugs: I really appreciate it. I have to remind myself not to get too superstitious about all of this. It's hard though because I am at my wits end.

Sorry to hear about that Regal - as MsJ said you are always so positive and supportive and wonderful on these threads that I cant imagine you are any different in RL. I truely think people dont realise just how crucifying and horrendous infertility is - I doubt people would say such things if we had another illness. People can just be so damn insensitive to it - I am glad they patched things up, but I suspect it will take a while for your DH to truely forgive or forget. You may have read that my MIL basically said that our infertility was due to my inability to enjoy sex and my general attitude - people can just be so rude about it - I cant imagine someone saying that a disability or mentall illness was "karma" and so they sould treat infertility with th same sensitvityl Sigh.

Sounds like you were a great support - how do you feel though? Must have peed you off!! :hugs: Hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->