Over 30, expecting #1

Purplelilly, :happydance: for a good scan. I'm so glad that everything went well! I can't believe your doctor is worried about your weight if you are still wearing a size 6/8 at 13 weeks pregnant?! It sounds like you are doing all the right things though in terms of eating healthy, so like lizzy said, don't be hard on yourself.

Touch, I have been having weird pangs, etc. in my lower abdomen since before I found out I was pregnant. It was actually one of the things that made me think I could be. I'm like you, I am enjoying it as a sign of growing!

I am on board with the eating throughout the day plan. Yesterday after I got home from work I got extremely nauseous and then once I ate dinner, I felt much better, so that convinced me. I am doing OK with it today, except my yogurt (which I normally eat every morning for breakfast) did not agree with me. Otherwise, I am less nauseous than yesterday.

Since we were talking about the whole weight gain thing, what are you ladies doing in terms of exercise? I jogged pretty regularly before getting pregnant, but I am nervous to now. I'm trying to figure out what exercise I can do and feel comfortable with.

My doc said if you are normally a jogger it's fine to continue (which i'm def not, lol) but that walking is excellent for preggos. I have a treadmill at my house which i'm trying to get better about using and i'm still doing my regular exercise videos/routines just nothing on my back.

Yay for a good scan!!

I've kept up with the eliptical, walking, yoga...swimming is also supposed to be really good while preggo.

hey, i don't mean to be one of those girls that asks a lot of questions, but i noticed today my tummy has been tight all day. i figure this is normal but i'm just wondering how many of you have had it. i feel it mostly if i move a certain way or reach for something. makes me happy cuz i know baby is growing!!

Sounds like round ligaments stretching. :thumbup:

Oh the hunger today! At lunch time I really fancied a rice pudding dessert but the canteen didn't have any (have promised me they will next week) so as I was so hungry I substituted it with a yoghurt. After work I popped into a mini Market and bought the rice puddings as I still want some and had to drag myself away from the cream cakes! Fortunately I have grapes to keep me going until I get home!

what are round ligaments? it's funny, i became an expert in all the TTC stuff, but now that i'm preggo, i have a whole new set of learning to do! anyway, it doesnt so much hurt or anything, it kind of feels like a did a lot of sit ups. so if i reach for something or stretch, i feel it. baby is makin ROOM!

edit: actually, i just realized that today i feel it even when i'm walking around

round ligaments are the ligaments that hold your uterus in place. They have to stretch in pregnancy which can sometimes cause pain. I totally recall feeling like a did a million situps in early pg!

my lower abdomin has been achey since 6wks on and off. Round ligament now if i wait too long to pee :blush: In my defense though my job has 6 ppl sharing 1 bathroom! I keep telling DH i'm gonna need a pee bucket of my very own:rofl:

6 people for one bathroom, yikes! the pregnant lady definately gets to cut in line!

Ha, that smiley is hilarious! And so appropriate...

Well I've identified the cause of my daily afternoon heartburn - the Branston Pickle in my cheese and pickle sarnies. I'm loving cheese and pickle these days but raw onion is the heartburn culprit :-(

Ah well, it's the weekend at last and I don't return to work until Tues afternoon as I have my booking appt on Monday and a diabetes appt Tues am.

Well I've identified the cause of my daily afternoon heartburn - the Branston Pickle in my cheese and pickle sarnies. I'm loving cheese and pickle these days but raw onion is the heartburn culprit :-(

Ah well, it's the weekend at last and I don't return to work until Tues afternoon as I have my booking appt on Monday and a diabetes appt Tues am.

isn't it horrible when the thing you love gets you :growlmad: I'm currently going through that with tacos. I am in LOVE with tacos (make'em at home to save $) but the sauce is giving me terrible heartburn :cry::cry: I know i could cut back on the sauce but that's what makes a taco> a taco!:haha:

Good luck on your appts!

I've been obsessed with Taco Bell this whole pregnancy...

we had taco bell 3wks ago and now it's all i think about,lol! Now i'm making them at home cuz it's way cheaper and i don't feel guilty "ordering them" again! lol Not ready to be that preggo lady who's supporting local fast food (especially since i'm not showing yet and would just look like a slob:haha:)

we had taco bell 3wks ago and now it's all i think about,lol! Now i'm making them at home cuz it's way cheaper and i don't feel guilty "ordering them" again! lol Not ready to be that preggo lady who's supporting local fast food (especially since i'm not showing yet and would just look like a slob:haha:)

P.S. Alot of thing "sounded soooo goooood" but not so much when i finally got them except taco bell----- it was almost like sex...... almost:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would like the "almost like sex" special w/ a large Sprite :haha:

Hi ladies, I hope everyone had a good weekend! Catching up on the thread has now made me want Taco Bell!

I just got back from my 1st scan, and I am having twins!! They look great, and their little hearts are already beating. They are each measuring at 6w1d, which is right on track since I know I ovulated on CD 16 rather than CD 14 (my ticker is based on LMP, so I may have to change that). I am so beyond excited right now! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->