Over 30, expecting #1

Oh, wow, purplelilly, it sounds like it couldn't have gone better! So happy for you :flower:
Your mom, on the other hand,...I don't envy you that. My mom and sister don't get along and I was worried about how 'which one to tell first' was going to play into their little war. It went okay, but I hate having to deal with other people's baggage, especially for something that should have been fun.

Michelle- I was nervous to make the switch, also. I didn't change my status from LTTTC for 2 weeks after I got my BFP.
Now that I'm a raspberry :happydance: I am feeling a just a tiny bit more confident, but I still can't hardly believe it.

I've had to buy new bras twice...first around 15 weeks and again around 25 weeks, mostly because my ribcage had expanded so much although also because I'd just gotten bigger.

I also had to buy some bigger shoes in third tri - something else to look forward to ;)

Welcome Michelle and Touch the Sky!

I already have size 11 feet, my feet are going to be gargantuan!

Same with the boobs.

Yikes.

I've had to buy new bras twice...first around 15 weeks and again around 25 weeks, mostly because my ribcage had expanded so much although also because I'd just gotten bigger.

I also had to buy some bigger shoes in third tri - something else to look forward to ;)

Welcome Michelle and Touch the Sky!

I already have size 11 feet, my feet are going to be gargantuan!

Same with the boobs.

Yikes.

:rofl: Are you tall, also? Then the bonus will be that maybe you have enough torso so your belly won't get ginormous and stretch-marky. I am barely 5.4 and I am all legs- my torso is so short that I swear my hip bones and rib bones actually touch! There will be nowhere for the baby to go except out and I am betting my tummy will be covered with stretch marks because my hips, boobs and thighs got 'em when I went through puberty. My tummy was my last untouched canvas :haha:

Mrs.AJ how much did your ribcage expand? does it go back after the baby?

I'm about 5'7" so tallish but not super tall.

Stretch marks will be our battle scars :haha:

So glad the lunch went well Purplelilly! Such an exciting time :hugs:

I went from a 34 band size to a 36, and even that is a bit tight :wacko: But from what I understand it does go back, it is just caused by all your organs getting pushed up, causing your rib cage to expand.

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Purpelilly, I'm glad that your lunch went well, it must be so exciting to be able to share your news!

Lizzy, I found out I was pregnant about 10 days ago and I waited to get the results of my 3 hcg tests to make sure my levels were increasing like they should before changing my status or putting up a ticker. At that point I just told myself that I am definitely pregnant, everything looks good so far, and that changing my status and putting up a ticker would not be a jinx! I am hoping that I will be able to relax a little more after a good ultrasound, which is set for next Monday. Have you had a scan yet?

I never thought about the # of new bras that I will have to get. I am not a big person normally, and my boobs are already noticeably bigger and sore. I will just enjoy the fact that for once I will not need to get push ups! :haha:

Thank you ladies! Now all i have to do is get through tonights hurdle! It really was great to tell my dad especially when he texted me "happy happy happy" yesterday lol! I keep pushing myself with my 1st u/s excitement on thursday:happydance:

Stretch marks are definitely gonna get me for sure! I already got some on my boobs, and i've only gained 4lbs as of this morning! DH finally got access to them so he's happy at least, blinded by the size :rofl: Shoes on the otherhand I'm not looking foward to! I'm already a 9 (i'm tall 5'9" but all leg) It's really hard to find cute shoes in the higher sizes I can't imagine being an 11!

It's funny how when you're younger all that stuff is the end of the world but now we'll give it all up for our beanies! :cloud9:

Lizzy, I found out I was pregnant about 10 days ago and I waited to get the results of my 3 hcg tests to make sure my levels were increasing like they should before changing my status or putting up a ticker. At that point I just told myself that I am definitely pregnant, everything looks good so far, and that changing my status and putting up a ticker would not be a jinx! I am hoping that I will be able to relax a little more after a good ultrasound, which is set for next Monday. Have you had a scan yet?

I waited for my serial hCG, too!
As for a scan, I don't know. I am having trouble with my insurance because I want to switch providers and they won't give me a straight answer regarding in or out-of-net work fees. So, I am thinking of going ahead with my next appt. this Thursday, even though it isn't with the group I want, and I might do a transvaginal scan then, too. We'll see.

It's funny how when you're younger all that stuff is the end of the world but now we'll give it all up for our beanies! :cloud9:

So true, although I have kinda gotten like that anyway after a decade of marriage- after all of these years I know that my husband loves me for who I am, not what I look like. Not that we don't appreciate each other's cuteness :kiss:, but we know thick hair and smooth skin is a gift of youth and not something to hang our hats on, you know?

I went from a 34 band size to a 36, and even that is a bit tight :wacko: But from what I understand it does go back, it is just caused by all your organs getting pushed up, causing your rib cage to expand.

I've gone from 34B to 36C. I shall make the most of it while I can! :thumbup:. I've got small feet (size 4) but am dreading them getting bigger as I have LOADS of shoes which then won't fit!

I'm also fairly tall at 5'8" but I have a short body so I'm not quite sure how bumpage is going to work. I may look like a pea on stilts! :dohh:

I've gone from 34B to 36C. I shall make the most of it while I can! :thumbup:. I've got small feet (size 4) but am dreading them getting bigger as I have LOADS of shoes which then won't fit!

I'm also fairly tall at 5'8" but I have a short body so I'm not quite sure how bumpage is going to work. I may look like a pea on stilts! :dohh:

Those are my extact measurements right now!lol but the 36" band is on it's tightest setting and is perfect so as long as i don't outgrow the cup size I think i'm good for awhile! and a pea on stilts :haha: you're crazy! I almost wish my torso was smaller but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a smaller bump:shrug: My friend due 10/25 is ALL belly (with tiny lil legs too!) and the cutest thing i've ever seen!lol She was fully showing with #1 at 12wks, but she also weighted about 95lbs when she got preggo too.(sometimes i hate her, lol, jk)

Well i did dinner with mom last night and i guess it went better than i expected. We were already bickering on the phone yesterday afternoon so my hopes weren't too high. After 2hrs of "things we need to work on" I told her she has 7mths to get it straightened out. I think she is happy but there is alot of issues that need to be handled for sure! We'll see. BUT now i get to tell my good friends then it's out for good on thursday after my u/s:happydance: Had dr. appt this morning and heard a strong hb again so 2 more days and we're screaming it out!!!!!

Those are my extact measurements right now!lol but the 36" band is on it's tightest setting and is perfect so as long as i don't outgrow the cup size I think i'm good for awhile! and a pea on stilts :haha: you're crazy! I almost wish my torso was smaller but i'm pretty sure it's gonna be a smaller bump:shrug: My friend due 10/25 is ALL belly (with tiny lil legs too!) and the cutest thing i've ever seen!lol She was fully showing with #1 at 12wks, but she also weighted about 95lbs when she got preggo too.(sometimes i hate her, lol, jk)

Well i did dinner with mom last night and i guess it went better than i expected. We were already bickering on the phone yesterday afternoon so my hopes weren't too high. After 2hrs of "things we need to work on" I told her she has 7mths to get it straightened out. I think she is happy but there is alot of issues that need to be handled for sure! We'll see. BUT now i get to tell my good friends then it's out for good on thursday after my u/s:happydance: Had dr. appt this morning and heard a strong hb again so 2 more days and we're screaming it out!!!!!

The wait can be excrucial I know, I didn't tell anyone till 12 weeks.

hey i have a question for you ladies, when did you start getting ms? i'll be 6 weeks tomorrow, and i still havent had any ms, food aversions, or heightened smell. i'm beginning to wonder if i'm normal?? lol

Maybe you're just lucky :haha:

I puked once before I got my BFP but I've been reading that MS really picks up at 6 weeks. Which I see is pretty much where you're at so it seems you really are lucky! Congrats!!

Purplelilly, glad things went okay with mom, hopefully they will continue to improve!

I had terrible MS that started at 6 weeks exactly and tapered off around 13-14 weeks, but some women never get morning sickness, food aversions, etc. Hopefully you are just one of the lucky ones!

i am 6 wks 5 days and it has just hit me full force!!

Touch the sky-- sometimes you're lucky and don't get it (I haven't other than a couple of nausous days) But you are coming up on the time when ladies do get it, usually 6-8wks

Purpelilly, I'm glad things went OK with your mom. So exciting to have heard the heartbeat, and I'm sure your u/s tomorrow will go perfectly. You are so close to the 2nd tri, I am jealous!

I will be 6 weeks on Friday, and I have been nauseous on and off, but nothing too bad. I have been more nauseous today than the other days, but that may be because I am thinking about it too much :haha:

Purpelilly, I'm glad things went OK with your mom. So exciting to have heard the heartbeat, and I'm sure your u/s tomorrow will go perfectly. You are so close to the 2nd tri, I am jealous!

I will be 6 weeks on Friday, and I have been nauseous on and off, but nothing too bad. I have been more nauseous today than the other days, but that may be because I am thinking about it too much :haha:

Thank you hon. It's gonna take some time but it's all for Cadbury so it's worth it! It still doesn't feel real half the time! We've told almost all the "important to tell in person" people but i'm still nervous about making it general knowledge till my u/s. Crazy i know but i'm so nervous i'm just trying to keep my mind off it with all you ladies in here today:winkwink:

I was very lucky with the m/s but i'm feeling it alittle more now. Doc said i probably fended most of it off by never really getting hungry.... but of coarse now i'm paying for it. I've only gained 5lbs as of yesterday but i gained 15lbs while TTC. So she told me to watch my weight. Now i'm not eating as much but getting nausous. :shrug: I think it's a crime against nature to let me be this hungry if it's no good for me:haha::haha:

Hope all you get is alittle nausous here and there honey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->