Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

I was hoping that we'd have an update from ItsAWonder!!!

CD13 here. Tired from travel. Need to get motivated for sex!

I know melly me too :) come on itsawonder was it a boy or girl? :)

Good luck catching the eggy melly :)

Melly just a thought...... Are you starting early enough in your cycle? I ovulated cd 14 with my 28 day cycle and you need the spermies there waiting, we always started cd10 and :sex: every other day until all my cm dried up :)

It's a girl!!!! Rivkah Phyllis was born may 30 at 3:00 pm. I will fill you in more as soon as I can :)

I came on to update and saw this..yay itsawonder!! I think you said you thought girl? Congrats to you and your DH! Hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing about it all!

Mrsduck how's Ruby?

Thanks highhopes didn't realize you have pcos. Any diet tips that you feel have been helpful? It explains so much with my symptoms when I think about it. I know it makes it for higher risk of miscarriage in first trimester so that makes me nervous but glad I am now being monitored. They talk about metformin it seems along with a medication to ovulate. I don't know if I can take metformin because I have low blood sugar but we will find out. I'm guessing IUI is the route we will go but the doctor will inform me in a couple weeks on the plan!
How are you and the babies feeling?

Good luck melly!

How are you doing flou? Where are you in your cycle?

AFM had HSG yesterday and felt it was pretty painful but survived. They didn't find anything abnormal so happy to hear that! Look forward to the follow up with RE so we know where we are going with this.
Mineral oil also came in the mail...much more watery than I thought. This could get messy lol

Itsawonder congratulations I can't wait to see pics :) I hope all is going well with your little girly <3

Buttrfly I'm sorry your hsg was painful but I'm glad they didn't find anything abnormal. I'm really pleased everything is now going in the right direction for you, enjoy lots of slippy :sex: and bring on the bfp :)

Ruby I think went though a growth spurt and just screamed when she wasn't feeding, but thankfully she's back to normal today :)

Congratulations ItsAWonder! Welcome little Rivkah, you're so wanted and loved.

Buttrfly, sorry the procedure was painful. :/ But as you say, glad they didn't find anything!! Fingers crossed for a fertility bump after the clearing out. ;)

I'm 1DPO. Let the TWW begin!

Big congrats itsawonder that's such fab news!

Me and the babies are feeling ok. I'm growing daily and it literally looks like I've stuffed a football under my dress!

Buttrfly I didn't modify my diet because of PCOS.

Welcome to the tww melly, come on bfp show your beautiful line :)

Highhopes I really miss my bump now and all the wriggles and kicks

Glad Ruby is better :D

Good luck melly!

Highhopes they are recommending I change my diet but also could be because of my blood sugar on top of it. Pcos recommended diet is close to low blood sugar diet. I see the nutritionist 6/13 so we will see. Glad you and babies are well! That sounds so funny that you have a football under your dress lol !

Let me ask you ladies a personal opinion. RE said not to use opks but this month they are not monitoring ( they will start after this current cycle) I'm worrying a bit about the idea that if I conceive after HSG I would not know exactly when I ovulated and gaging when AF will be here would be difficult. I have had cycles anywhere from 30-49 days at this point. Any thoughts? I don't want to stress but I think either way it's in my personality to do so ;)

I wouldn't bother, Leslie... Put it in their hands. An HSG doesn't increase fertility unless the issue was your tubes, and that's not the case for you. I also have PCOS and am dealing with the RE now.

Thanks callmeal! I have heard so many getting bfps after HSG so that is why I was wondering... Plus have no idea when I would be ovulating without opks so leaving it up to chance with BD. I can't wait until next cycle when they will be monitoring and helping me along!
Great that you are also getting extra help! I know we live somewhat close by... Where did you end up going ( if that's too much you don't have to answer) and what's their plan for you? Wishing you the best of luck! Any pcos advice is always welcomed :)

Glad you guys are getting the help you need, CallMeAl!

Hi callmeal I hope all is good with you :)

Buttrfly if opks don't stress you out then it can't harm ;) I'd be doing them too if it were me haha

Buttrfly no one ever told me to modify my diet because of PCOS but then we had speed motility issues which was the main reason for our infertility so PCOS wasn't as big of a deal. I never bothered with opks as they just stressed me out and bd regularly was becoming a chore as it was so didnt need the additional stress! Really miss bd now but just not able to anymore!

Mrsduck i reckon I will miss the bump too im quite attached to it my hands keep going to it during the day!

I feel so behind on all of your stories but will hopefully catch up on everyone status in the next few days. Buttrfly - I do see that you have PCOS. I am sorry to hear that but at least you can now work toward a solution. I have known many women to carry successfully with PCOS and believe it can work for you. Some friends have modified their diets so I will ask in what way as soon as I see them.

So - here is my unexpected birth story. Pics will come as soon as I set them up on the computer.

Rivkah Phyllis was born at 3:00 pm on Friday May 30 and we are all well, happy and healthy.

We tried induction for 13 hours on Thursday and even with the highest possible dose of pitocin my contractions were never more painful than medium period cramps even though they were every 2 minutes. Initially her heart rate dropped to 60 for 5 minutes and I was almost rushed to emergency c-section. She came back but it may have been a sign that vaginal delivery was not her way. We took a break Thursday night and tried again on Friday but she crashed again. Her heart rate came back but it was too high a risk to continue to try inducing. Because I am allergic to lidocaine the anesthetist was not willing to do an epidural so I had to have general anesthesia. It was quite a blow to learn that I would not see my child enter the world. They did allow my DH in which is completely against hospital policy and I am so appreciative of my doctor for pulling that off. No cameras were allowed. Brian was able to be there for her initial check up (her APGAR was 8!) and he was able to have skin-to-skin contact until I was awake. As soon as I woke up and they ran some tests on me they brought me to DH and Rivkah. They assisted with breast feeding b/c I was so groggy and she latched immediately.

I have never had a day where I cried so much. Felt like a failure and champion at the same time. Had my heart broken in ways I never knew possible and recovered. Bonding was not immediate due to all of the drugs. Not that I did love her right away but I had to process that she really was mine as I did not see her come out. I had to process knowing my husband got to have the experience I always thought we would share. The bond did come beginning the moment the meds wore off and now I know she is mine.

The hormone release has been crazy. Sometimes I cry for no reason at all and other times I am happy as a clam. We are beyond tired and so rewarded. I have never been so thankful for anything in my life.

It turns out the placenta was very small and would have begun to restrict her growth. From the inside my doctor was able to see that my pelvis is much smaller than he originally thought. Rivkah would never have made it out vaginally. She was only 5lbs 8oz and had dropped to 5lbs 1oz. Yesterday she was back up to 5lbs 3.7oz. My milk came in the other day which is helping with her weight gain. The c-section was the right decision.

Wow, what a ride, ItsAWonder! I'm so glad you're all well and she's finally here. Definitely sounds like it was good that they got her out when they did. :hugs:

Congratulations itsawonder! A lovely little girl. It sounds like you had a tough time of it :hugs: but I'm glad you and your little one are well.

AF is due either Sunday or Monday. Had some symptoms sore bbs, watery discharge, back ache and bloating. I had my cd21 bloods last week. Just have to wait until the 7th July for my appointment.

Hows everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->