Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

OMG how did I miss your fantastic news itsawonder :happydance: :headspin::wohoo: huge congratulations, I wonder if it's twins haha ?? I can't wait for your update

Highhopes I'm sorry your mat leave is over :cry: I hope going back to work isn't too tough on you

Hmmohrma I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking story, I hope your journey has now taken a happier route and you'll have your rainbow soon

Flou enjoy your summer hols with Arthur and whoo hoo for full pay

Well, things did not go so well. I was supposed to be 6w3d and they only saw yolk - two yolks actually so Mrs. Duck, you are right.

I will get the results of my beta today. If they are still going up and not down then we will do another scan next week to see if there has been any development.

Since I got such an early positive test I doubt my dates are off but I am holding onto a little hope.

Itsawonder don't give up hope, remember how early you are, I've got everything crossed that you will see 2 heartbeats next week. I Wish you didn't have to go through a week of worry first though, try and stay positive xx

Omg how amazing is this that we are now onto second babies?! Itsawonder that's great news congratulations.

Flou I'm a teacher too! Also UK-based, but we get 6 weeks not 8 for the summer. So nice to have a long stretch of time at home with the babies!

Hope everyone else is well x

Highhopes enjoy the summer hols. September always comes quicker than I think it should!

Itsawonder stay positive, its still early days. I have my fx for you and your babies. I hope you see two healthy heartbeats next week.

Oh ItsAWonder, I hope everything turns out well. :hug: I'm sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for.

Just found this forum & would like to join in! I'm 32 & we've had two miscarriages this past year. Last one was in May & this is our first cycle being able to conceive again! I'm currently cd11, not sure if I'm ready to go through this emotional roller coaster ride again!

Welcome laska5 I'm so sorry for your losses and the painful journey you are going through, I hope the rest of your ride is a smooth one and your rainbow baby isn't far away :)

Another bad day of ultrasounds. Still one sac and two, now large, yolks but no fetal poles or heartbeats. Waiting for my beta results and really hoping they are going down. I have a wedding to go to this weekend and an event at a brewery so my doctor told me to have fun and have drinks.

They are also seeing something wrong with my left ovary but they are not sure what it is. Most likely it is a cyst from that ovary releasing the egg that is now fertilized so they expect it to go away when the pregnancy fully ends but they are going to run some tests next Thursday as I will be out of town for a while.

Really hoping the miscarriage doesn't begin while I am away but I have a feeling it won't happen that fast.

If I haven't miscarried by next Thursday I am going to ask for a D&C - I just want this done.

My DH is being so supportive but he keeps talking about how we will try again. I am beginning to think that Rivkah is all I need. Sure, I would like her to have a sibling but I don't know if I can go through this again. I have been pregnant 5 times and have had one live birth. I really think I may be done.

:hugs: Itsawonder I am so sorry for your sad news. :hugs: All I can say if it were me I would take some time out, relax, have fun at the wedding and enjoy some quality time with your lovely little girl and DH. It is such a rollercoaster ttc and if you are unlucky to experience a loss (or more than one) it does make it harder. :hugs:

Just found this forum & would like to join in! I'm 32 & we've had two miscarriages this past year. Last one was in May & this is our first cycle being able to conceive again! I'm currently cd11, not sure if I'm ready to go through this emotional roller coaster ride again!

I am sorry for your losses :hugs: Its not easy ttc after a loss and I understand what a rollercoaster it can be. All I can say that it took me 4 years and 2 losses before I got my little man and he was worth all the pain and heartache. I hope you get your rainbow soon!

Itsawonder I'm so sorry :hugs: I was really hoping to log on to read good news. I hope all turns out ok with your ovary too x

Hi Laska, welcome. Fingers crossed for this cycle!!

Itsawonder, I'm so sorry :( You are so strong for trying again even this time.

D&C scheduled for Monday and I am actually looking forward to it. I am ready to move on and let my body heal. DH and I have decided that I am going to give my notice at work - I will probably give about 3 months notice and take 3 years or so off. It's time for us to take time as a family. We can hike together, ski together, ski and bike alone as we have not been able to get much exercise with our schedules. I love my job and probably won't find a situation as great as this again, but I love my family so much more.

In the meantime, my dad needs spinal surgery on his neck and my cousin is about to have emergency triple bypass surgery. It has put everything into perspective.

Ladies - thanks again for being there the past few years. I could not have made it through all of the ups and downs without you!!

How are you all doing?

Itsawonder I hope your dad and cousin make a good recovery after their operations. Enjoy the time with your family. It sounds lovely what you have planned. My best part of the day is when I get Arthur out of his cot, when he wakes up in the morning. and put him in bed with me for cuddles before we get up and start the day. The simplest things with those you love are definitely the best.

Surgery was done on Monday and I actually feel great. I had no cramping and very little bleeding.

My cousin had emergency quadruple bypass over the weekend as she became very unstable but is doing well now.

I am going to put my notice in at work as soon as I see my boss and take about 3 years off - until DD is in nursery school.

Right now I am enjoying my non-pregnant self, drinking coffee and some wine. As soon as I am fully healed I am getting back on my mountain bike and getting in shape.

DH is still on the fence about a sibling for DD but I have no interest in having another unless DH is 100% sure that is what he wants. All of this has made me really appreciate what I have and I no longer feel the need for anything more.

Life is really good.

Itsawonder u sound so positive...that's great. Sounds perfect what you have planned for the next three years. I'm so sorry for how things have gone recently but it sounds like you are doing well given the circumstances xxx

Well - it's been an interesting month. Turns out my D&C failed and they did not get the pregnancy. I had no bleeding etc for 2 weeks after surgery, then started to bleed. After two weeks of bleeding I miscarried on my own - which sucked. The reason I had surgery was to avoid miscarrying at home. For three days I was in pain and finally had to call my husband home from work as I could not take care of my DD. 30 minutes after I called him home I miscarried while my daughter screamed b/c she was so scared that I was in pain. After that I felt better.

The pathology report came back and I miscarried everything. Now, a week later, I finally feel normal and the spotting has almost come to an end.

The crazy part is, after all of this, I am longing to be pregnant. I think a miscarriage always makes me feel empty and I have a need to fill that emptiness. I know another child is not really what I want so I am thinking of starting a miscarriage support group in my area instead.

In a few weeks we are adopting a kitty as well.

I feel bad that my DD will be an only child but instead I am focusing on the vacations we can take and the time we can give her that would otherwise be eaten up by a sibling.

After 3 d&c's, a hysteroscope and a c-section my doctor, husband and I agree that my body needs a rest.

How are you ladies all doing??? I would love to hear updates on your little ones!

:hugs: Itsawonder, you really have been through it but I am glad you are feeling better. Support group sounds like a great idea. Apart from the ladies on here and my mum (who herself has had a mc) I find it really difficult to talk about. But I wish I could as I think there is quite a taboo about it yet it happens to more people than you think. I can fully understand the feeling of wanting to be pg after a mc and I think it is all about filling that emptiness. I know after both of mine it made me want a baby more.

My little rainbow is doing well. He's nearly 6 months old now, sitting on up on his own and trying out loads of different solid foods. Favourites include banana and sweet potato but he hates broccoli! I can't believe how much he has changed since he was born and I know he is going to change so much in the next 6 months. How's everyone else and your little ones?

Six months - I can't believe that!! Rivkah's favorite food then was avocado and it still is. Glad to hear he is doing so well!

Rivkah is hysterical. She's almost 16 months. She knows about 50 or so signs and can say about 10 words, she plays jokes on us, and laughs all of the time. It gets more fun every day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->