Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

I plan to wait for AF. I know it's only the first month of ttc but I am much more calm about it than I was the first time around. I do hope it happens faster....

Good luck itsawonder! You never know you might catch first time but I am glad you are feeling more relaxed about it.

Mrs duck I am glad ruby is back to herself. Arthur coped well with his first set of jabs. He seemed more sleepy than usual but apart from that he was fine. He has his next lot soon so I am hoping he copes just as well with them.

My mil is staying with us at the mo. She has been with us for a week and will be for another week. The week has got better as it has gone on but at the start she kept making comments that would really annoy me. Like saying it was a shame Arthur has blue eyes. I have blue eyes but DH has her eye colour which is brown. Arthur has lovely blues like his mummy, they might change but I'm not sure they will. And then she kept telling me I am spoiling him! He is only 11 weeks old. From the time we started ttc to him being born took us 4 years and with two losses, if I want to cuddle my son I will! Ahhhhh! Sorry for the bit of a rant.

Flou I know EXACTLY what you mean, MIL's hey :gun: rant away and keep on with the cuddles, they will all too quickly be grown up and not want mummy cuddles anymore haha I'm glad Arthur was fine with his jabs, big brave boy :)

I agree, there is no such thing as spoiling an 11 week old baby! And if she doesn't like blue eyes she doesn't have to visit. This is her grandson for goodness sake. Glad things are getting better....

AF came so I am on CD 4. Feel absolutely fine about it and hoping to have a date night with hubby and plenty of wine.

Thanks ladies. It has got easier but I can't wait to have my house to ourselves again. Come on Saturday! At the moment I have Arthur curled up asleep on my lap and I can tell she doesn't approve.

Sorry AF came itsawonder :( but I hope you had a good date night :)

Flou I hope you are enjoying your house back to yourself :)

Booooo for periods. Hopefully this is your cycle, IaW!

We had a GREAT date night! I had 1 1/2 glasses of wine and was drunk (or at least very, very tipsy). Breastfeeding = cheap date :).

We are almost done weaning as Rivkah is down to 1 feed before bed, and I think I will cut out that feed soon as she is handling it really well. I hope with a little cow milk before bed she will still sleep.

Got a + OPK this morning so I should ovulate on Sat. We did not have time to BD today but will try to squeeze it in and should be able to tomorrow and Sat. Fingers crossed it works!

How are you all doing?

Gosh I've missed so much! How are you all? Flou ignore what your MIL says, your baby your rules. I used to get really upset and paranoid and try to take on board all the advice and now I just ignore it all.

I'm going back to work next week �� can't believe my maternity leave is over, where has the year gone?!

Hope all the babies and mummies are well.

Nelly how are you finding it being a twin mum?

HH - Good luck going back to work! I thought it was going to be really difficult but I was surprised to find it felt like a vacation. To only worry about myself and my tasks was a reprieve. :)

Hey Ladies! I've been off BnB for about two months, but I am a first grade teacher on summer vacation and in need of some venting space. I thought I'd drop a line to you to let you know browsing this thread is very uplifting.:thumbup: I am 31, and DH and I waited until we were finished with school, had good jobs, and had our home ready for a family before we started ttc 13 months ago. Due to the seven years it took my parents to conceive I always worried I would have that problem. It turns out we got BPF after ttc 1 cycle two different times, but we lost the babies. The ultra sound on our second showed severe physical disabilities, including the skull which probably would have caused severe intellectual disabilities. After the D&C, my normally regular cycle went crazy which made even thinking about ttc when we got the go ahead scary. We got the go ahead in January, and we went back to ttc in April. We have not had any luck yet, and in the last few days I've had several people announce 2nd trimester pregnancies. We're on tww right now, but I have a very sore throat all of a sudden and I've been pretty emotional about all of this the last couple weeks. Anyway, reading through your posts has given me hope again (isn't this place great), and I didn't want to just read and run. Congrats on all your beautiful babies! :happydance:

hmmohrma - I am so sorry for all of your struggles and glad you found us. Please feel free to keep posting here as it's the most supportive group of women I have found. Acupuncture really helped me both physically and emotionally after my second loss and I do believe it's worth a try for anyone who can afford it. After a few sessions I was able to see the world in a different light and stop obsessing about my fear of another loss or complication.

Keep us posted on your journey!

So this just happened.....

Only 9 dpo! Just felt weird.

Attachments

• IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 7
Wow itsawonder! Congratulations! How are you feeling?

Hmmohrma I am so sorry for your losses. I am glad you have found us. Please keep us updated on your journey. And don't worry about venting, sometimes you just need to. And what is lovely about the ladies here is that we have all been through it. Good luck and I hope you get your rainbow soon!

AFM life seems really busy at the mo. I went back to work and DH looked after Arthur. DH works for at home and the nature of his work means he can easily control his workload. I'm a teacher so I get school holidays so he is going to work whilst I'm off and during term time he is going to be full time daddy. I went back because my maternity pay was poor for the UK. It was really difficult to leave Arthur, even knowing that he was with Daddy. But I'm back at home with him for the next 8 weeks and on full pay. Yay!

8 weeks at full pay - that is great! And what good news that your DH can stay home so Arthur can avoid daycare until you are all ready. I hate leaving Rivkah too but it has gotten easier.

For the past few days or so I have been feeling queasy on and off which is why I took a test so early. Last time I had no symptoms until at least 6 weeks. Other than that I feel fine but I wonder if I will get morning sickness this time around.

Oh my goodness, ItsAWonder - congratulations! *squeals* That's such wonderful news.

hmmohrma, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. :( That must have been so heartbreaking at the scan, I can't even imagine. We're hear to vent if you need.

Have my first ultrasound in 1 1/2 hours. Really hoping to see a heartbeat but of course I am nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->