Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Itsawonder did you have a good holiday? Sorry af returned but whoo hoo for starting to ttc again :) are you still bfing?

Highhopes OMG I can't believe you are thinking of starting ttc haha do you not need sleep haha ;)

Happy Mother's Day ladies! Sorry to be MIA but thinking of you all. My twin girls were born prematurely at 29 weeks 6 days after an emergency c section on March 17. They were in the nicu for over 6 weeks until last Saturday. Now we are all settling into a routine... Or trying.
Good luck to all those ttc again and I hope all is well with the rainbow babies 😘

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
Buttrfly I love the photo, your girls are adorable and I'm so glad they are home now xx

Buttrfly - you babies are beautiful!! I cannot imagine how trying those first six weeks must have been but I am glad everyone is healthy and happy and home! I love how twins snuggle.

Mrs. Duck - I am still bfing, 4-5 times in a 24 hour period. We meet with her doctor on Friday to see if we can start cows milk and if so, I will begin to wean. I love bfing but I am ready to be done. Since she sleeps easily 10 hours straight at night I was not surprised AF returned.

Oh - and happy birthday Ruby!!! One year! (I don't think I already said that but if I did she just deserves another cheer.)

Lucky you with Rivkah's sleeping, I'm lucky if Ruby does 5 hours :wacko: I've been trying to wean her off the boob too but she's having none of it, she'll only drink an ounce or 2 out of a bottle and that's if she's not tired, if she's tired only boob will do haha

Aw thanks, I know she's my big girl now, 1 how did that happen already???

Awwww happy first birthday, Ruby!

The twins have been going from a 10pm feed (becoming more like a dream feed in the last week or so) through to 6am pretty consistently since 12 weeks old. Yay kids!! I think they will drop the 10pm feed as well, lately they barely wake up for it and don't take a full feed.

Gosh ruby is a year old! That time has flown by! My twins are coming upto 9 months �� can't believe it!!!

Lucky you Melly with the twins sleeping so well! That's fab!

HH - 9 months - seriously! Time really is flying!

Melly - good on you with them sleeping so well.

Mrs. Duck - I just started to wean Rivkah yesterday and she is not happy about it either. Unfortunately she hates the taste of cow's milk too. However, yesterday I did blend banana, blueberries and strawberries into her milk. She would not drink it out of a sippy cup or a regular cup. I then put it into a reusable pouch and she drank 2 ounces in the first sitting and 4 ounces in the afternoon. I hope to slowly reduce the amount of fruit and eventually use a cup but for now, whatever works.

Best of luck with the weaning itsawonder, I've had a break from trying because she was taking less and less cows milk the more I tried but will start again soon and just stick with it this time. She will drink it ice cold from a glass but doesn't want to know warmed up or if she's tired. Good advice with the fruit, I'll give that a go

Congratulations Buttrfly! They are both so cute!

Happy Birthday Ruby!

Below are pictures of Arthur. One when he was first born and a more recent photo. I can't believe he is 8 weeks today. He is sleeping through the night from 10-6. But won't sleep much in the day so I can't get much done. I am loving being a mummy! He was definitley worth the wait!

WP_20150327_001[1].jpg

WP_20150515_001[1].jpg

Aw flou he's gorgeous and grown so much already, yup time sure flies with a baby, I have no idea where the past year has gone

Ruby had her 1 year jabs last Friday, she's had a cold the past few days and now she has a fever poor lamb :(

Awwww poor Rubes, hope she's feeling better soon, that's a bad run! Mine have their four month shots next week, noooooooooo.

Flou - I love the pics! He just melts my heart! I hope you get some more time during the day when his nap schedule regulates and I hope that doesn't affect his nighttime regime.

Sorry Ruby is sick :( We are waiting until Rivkah is about 15 months to do her 1 year shots as I know they are tough ones.

Well - we are officially ttc this month. I am not doing much other than bd'ing here and there but I'll keep you posted! As it took a year to conceive Rivkah I want to stay calm about it for the same amount of time but we'll see how that goes. I should ovulate in the next few days or so.

Itsawonder good luck with ttc!

I hope Ruby is feeling better Mrs Duck and I hope all goes well with her jabs. Arthur has his first lot on Thursday. Even though he is normally quite a relaxed baby I'm still nervous for him. I've bought the Calpol just in case.

Thanks ladies, these jabs are awful, so far since she had them she's had a high temperature almost the whole time, today she is finally a bit better, a cold now becoming a cough, spots and symptoms of measles and generally just unwell it's heartbreaking that you can't do anything for them but cuddle them and give them calpol :( plus she's hardly eaten a thing for a week now she just wants mummy milk, it's like having a newborn again and she doesn't want to go to anyone but me, very clingy. Thankfully I think we've finally turned the corner today and she's on the mend yay :)

Haha melly we call her Roobs. Thankfully the 4 months jabs are fine :)

Whoo hoo itsawonder, keep us posted with your ttc journey, I bet things happen much quicker this time. It must be Rivkah's 1st birthday any day now Happy Birthday :)

Flou I think us mummies hate their jabs more than them ;)

Glad to hear she's improving. :hugs:

Good luck TTC, ItsAWonder! Hopefully it's a shorter joirbey this time.

Poor little Ruby - glad she is on the mend and glad they won't remember the discomfort.

Rivkah turned 1 on the 30th. We took her to a hotspring resort between us and Denver on Wed - Thurs, then to the Denver aquarium on Thursday and yesterday evening we had a party for her. She had her first slice of pizza and ate the entire slice! She also had a chocolate cupcake with banana/vanilla frosting. She kept shoving bites into her mouth and spitting them back out so I don't know if she liked it or not but it sure was cute!

I also think I ovulated on her b/day so we'll see what happens. Since my c-section my uterus is tilted very far to the right which I know can cause fertility issues. I am going to talk to my friend who does Mayan Fertility Massage to see how I can help straighten it out. I think the massage should do it but it may take a few months or so.

Wow itsawonder, lucky girl, glad she enjoyed her birthday and her pizza haha good luck with the massage :) are you testing soon or just waiting to see if af shows?

How is everyone else?

All is good with us, ruby is back to her normal stubborn little self haha running me ragged, I need eyes in the back of my head :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->