Over 35 and Pregnant!

Congratulations MsTova :happydance:

Sending best wishes that the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and happy x

Hey ladies,

We have our 20 week scan this afternoon. I will try to remember to post later today. We are staying gender unknown but I am sure there will be something to tell. :)

Hey ladies,

We have our 20 week scan this afternoon. I will try to remember to post later today. We are staying gender unknown but I am sure there will be something to tell. :)

Good luck, I'm sure it will be lovely :0)

:wave: all you lovely new ladies. Congratulations on your :bfp:s.

Hope everyone with scans gets good news and only good surprises.

I'm actually starting to feel a little less nauseous but fatigue still hanging around.

Pip x

How exciting to read about the new BFPs - and also the lovely stories about conceiving when being told about there being low odds. Yummy Mummies with special babies on the way!! :hugs:

ciarhwyfar - how fantastic to have the 20 week scan today. And I'm very impressed that you're going to stay gender unknown! I'm too impatient and want to know as soon as possible!! :haha:

Hi ladies. We have booked a private scan tomorrow. We have known about beano for 6 weeks now and we just want to know everything is ok and tell our family and waiting another 2 weeks seems like torture!!! Its not til 6pm so its going to be a long day. I am worried as I have had one m/c and there are so many stories of mmc's its frightening :-/

hello all, can i join you?
i'm 40 and cautiously pregnant with my first. i had a MMC in december and as i have no symptoms whatsoever i am not too confident about this one either.
i really need some PMA. hope you can help!
:hugs:

i'm 40 and cautiously pregnant with my first. i had a MMC in december and as i have no symptoms whatsoever i am not too confident about this one either.

Hi Kosh and congratulations!! :flower:

How far along are you? I didn't really get any symptoms except tiredness until week 6 or 7. Everyone is different and some women hardly get any symptoms for their whole pregnancy. I can understand you feeling cautious, (I had a m/c last year too and have been feeling pretty cautious the last 10 weeks or so!!), but try to remember that most women that have a m/c the first time will go on to have a successful pregnancy the next time round. :hugs:

Hi ladies. We have booked a private scan tomorrow. We have known about beano for 6 weeks now and we just want to know everything is ok and tell our family and waiting another 2 weeks seems like torture!!! Its not til 6pm so its going to be a long day. I am worried as I have had one m/c and there are so many stories of mmc's its frightening :-/

how exciting to have a scan tomorrow!! let us know how it goes!! I know there's lots of stories of mmcs but there's also millions of other stories of successful pregnancies. I know it's easier said than done sometimes but I'd suggest trying to avoid reading about the m/cs and mmcs at the moment - and stay optimistic for your scan tomorrow!! :hugs:

how exciting to have a scan tomorrow!! let us know how it goes!! I know there's lots of stories of mmcs but there's also millions of other stories of successful pregnancies. I know it's easier said than done sometimes but I'd suggest trying to avoid reading about the m/cs and mmcs at the moment - and stay optimistic for your scan tomorrow!! :hugs:

I agree, I had to just avoid reading any of the threads about things going wrong for the first few weeks as I was just so scared, they would affect me quite badly. Remember that people are far more likely to post about things going wrong than to post just to say 'yeah, it's going ok, nothing much happening really' - so you get a lot more stories on here about things going wrong than is normal! And if you look at the site stats, there are thousands of members, so there are bound to be a lot of threads about bad stuff happening. It's still more common to have a successful pregnancy than not! Good luck for tomorrow, hope you have a lovely scan xx

Hi ladies

As the title says, I thought I'd start this group for ladies who are 35 or over and pregnant. I have asked for a separate forum for us ladies: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html as I think it would be useful to share the journey with like-minded people.

I've been lucky enough to be part of a couple of really helpful 35+ and 40+ threads in the TTC forum; as well as part of a great group for TTCAL.

So about me. I'm Karen. I'm 40 and am now in my fourth pregnancy having miscarried my first (in 1995 at 8w3d) and my third (in 2010 at 10w3d after contracting swine flu). I'm lucky enough to have my DS, who is now 14 years old. Not sure what being a new mum and mother to a teen will be like but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Pip x

Hi Pip thank you for starting this thread and my heart goes out to you:hugs:
i also had a mc in aug 10 i didnt know about this forum then could have done with the support:cry:
On a happier note we are expecting a little one in sep and so excited i have 2 older ones at 18 & 19

So we had our ultrasound today. The baby is right on target for our dates and was moving around here and there. Didn't like having the wand pressed down it. Stayed neutral so we will find it in September what the little darling is and while we have a boys name, we are still working on the girls name.

Hi Kosh and congratulations!! :flower:

How far along are you? I didn't really get any symptoms except tiredness until week 6 or 7. Everyone is different and some women hardly get any symptoms for their whole pregnancy. I can understand you feeling cautious, (I had a m/c last year too and have been feeling pretty cautious the last 10 weeks or so!!), but try to remember that most women that have a m/c the first time will go on to have a successful pregnancy the next time round. :hugs:

thanks leeze!
i'm only 5 weeks today. i've decided to make an effort and try not to worry as much.

This is me in all my exhausted glory carrying by baby OH SO LOW! Nevermind the bags under my eyes. I'm 36 weeks exactly.

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/sweetmamags/36weeks1.jpghttps://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/sweetmamags/36weeks2.jpg

fingers crossed for you kosh

I know so many people who have had a mc and then their next pg has been lovely and healthy x

Hi Ladies, can I join you? I saw this link in another post I was reading.
I am 37 and 5 months old expecting #1. I am due to have my LO around the time of my birthday!!!!
I am just looking forward to hearing baby's heart beat and knowing everything is ok, because at the moment I feel in limbo:wacko:
:hugs::hugs:

I had a mc in January, and what helps me now, is when I am out and about, I look at all the people around me and remind myself that ever single one of them was a successful pregnancy! Silly, but it calms me in those moments.

Hi all, i'm Chris and im 35(36 on saturday!) and expecting baby number 5 :blush: I have 4 sons aged 18,14,11 and 8 so a bit of a gap!
This was a little surprise as i was on the pill,but we have room for another one! Kid's are excited,although it caused much amusement to my 18 year old after all my "you be safe" lectures :haha:

I am looking forward to getting to know you all,and enjoying our next few months moaning and hopefully laughing together!

no1seasider - congrats! I am also 36. My son is almost 8, so about the same age gap as you. We were not really trying, but we are proof that it only takes one time to get pregnant. I know that will be education for our children when the time comes to talk to them. We are so excited.

Knock, knock! :) Hello ladies! nice to find this group/thread. I am 36 and will be 37 when this baby is born ( it is a boy! ) I have another son that is 17. He is amused about having a brother. We have been trying to conceive for 8 yrs, and were about to get tested when we got the surprise news. I had a small hematoma that kept me in bed for two months, but it is finally gone :) I must confess that my body doesn´t feel the same now as it used to when I was 20 if you know what I mean heheh ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->