Over 35 and Pregnant!

no1seasider - congrats! I am also 36. My son is almost 8, so about the same age gap as you. We were not really trying, but we are proof that it only takes one time to get pregnant. I know that will be education for our children when the time comes to talk to them. We are so excited.

Congrats to you too! when are you due?

I actually rounded the boys ages up as they all have their birthdays before the next one comes along,youngest will be 8 on June 6th! And i still look at him as the baby of the family,so he'll be in for a shock i think!

Welcome to the new ladies!

I wouldn't worry much about age gaps, my first two are 19 years apart. They will be 22 and 3 in the next few months and this one is due just days before I turn 43. As long as we do everything correct, this will be the last one.

no1seasider - my son will be 8 in the end of june. I am due 12/28, but I will hopefully be induced around 12/15. I still have to talk to my dr about that. My son was born a week early and had his meconium in me about a week prior to that. I want to avoid that scary and unhealthy situation again.

:wave: to all you lovely newbies. Welcome to our thread. It's great to see so many "wiser" ladies enjoying happy and healthy pregnancies.

Pip x

Hello and welcome to all the new ladies. x x

I had my scan on Thurs...and it's a girlieeee. :) I am tres pleased...infact over the moon. :D x x

Aw, congrats, hun. I love having little girls. This will be my 3rd little girl in a row and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Whilst I'd be happy just to have a healthy baby, if I had the choice I would love a girl this time around. Just to balance the house out!!!

Pip x

Hi everyone and welcome to any newbies! :flower:

Congrats Bambers - how lovely to find out you're having a girl. I'd really love a girl, but ideally I'd like one of each so if it's a boy this time then I'd still be very happy!!

One of the girls on another thread told me about a theory that boys have more prominent foreheads and girls have more sloping foreheads and this is a way you can get an idea from your 12-week scan photo about what you might be having. If this is true then I'd think mine is going to be a boy. Somehow I've always thought it would be a boy this time round so that would be funny if it is!!

I never heard that one about the forehead, hmmm... off to look at my u/s pics now to see how hers looks, hehe.

I had some red bleeding last night. Not enough to consider a freak out call to the OB, but enough so that it was all over every time I wiped. Still have some this morning, but not as much. I was up until 3 am with contractions then finally able to sleep. Having just a few contractions this morning, but I haven't done much besides sit here. I'm not ready for this... I have work to finish, lol. So much for planning, right.

I never heard that one about the forehead, hmmm... off to look at my u/s pics now to see how hers looks, hehe.

I had some red bleeding last night. Not enough to consider a freak out call to the OB, but enough so that it was all over every time I wiped. Still have some this morning, but not as much. I was up until 3 am with contractions then finally able to sleep. Having just a few contractions this morning, but I haven't done much besides sit here. I'm not ready for this... I have work to finish, lol. So much for planning, right.

ooh - do you think she might be coming a bit early? Good luck :hugs:

So exciting Christine! Maybe she'll be this thread's first baby!!!!

Keep us posted - when you can!!

Pip x

We shall see. I've been having more contractions now, but nothing consistent yet. My husband won't let me go to the grocery store, hmph!

Hi ladies! I am so glad to find this thread. We just found out (surprise!) two weeks ago that we are expecting #5 in early January (or late December).

I am feeling okay, except a little more emotional than usual. We are very happy, but a bit apprehensive because of my age, and also because our last child was born with a severe heart defect (thankfully he is perfectly healthy now, after having an arterial switch right after birth). Anyway, we certainly have room for more in our family, and just seeing the children's sheer delight over another sibling is almost enough to make the apprehension fade away. :) Would appreciate prayers for a healthy baby!

I hope everyone is doing well. Sweet_Mama, I hear you. Every time I get pregnant, the OH tries to stop me from doing all sorts of things. It doesn't usually work but I let him do some things.

I think we have our names for when the little darling arrives. The teenager didn't care for the girl name but everyone else seemed to and I just can't find anything else I really like. He did suggest some that either won't work because of other relative or I just didn't care for so he may just have to get used to it if we are having another girl.

fingers crossed for you kosh

I know so many people who have had a mc and then their next pg has been lovely and healthy x

thanks rowan, i really hope so, but to be honest i'm not very hopefull with this one. i had very mild symptoms last week, but now they are totally gone. :nope:

i'm just back from holiday and will have my first appointment with the doc tomorrow. i guess they will wait another week or 2 for the scan (i know they will give me an early one because i've also had an ectopic before), but i'm just wondering now if they at least could do some HCG levels first to have an idea?

OMG, good luck!

i'm relatively new to this thread and had not realised there were pregnant ladies of 'all stages'..! :flower:

[

OMG, good luck!

i'm relatively new to this thread and had not realised there were pregnant ladies of 'all stages'..! :flower:

Yep, all stages here, hehe. Everything slowed down for me. Just sitting at home with my husband shaking his head at me even considering work tomorrow. I told him I'd decide later. Problem is I work almost an hour away, so that could be an issue. I think I'll try to nap. Last night's lack of sleep did me in.

hope everything is going ok sweet mama - work? Lordy you're commited! I'd be sat with my feet up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->