over 35 TTC #1. anyone? beuller?

That sounds like a success! Coloring hair + whiskey = adventure. What color did you go with?

Just colouring it a bit blonder. I was super blonde, then went redish blonde...now golden blonde. Gotta stay with blonde or it doesn't work. My DH likes me blonder so Im sticking to it. Once in awhile I go a little nuts and do red.
I need to detox from a weekend of junk food and alcohol. My husbands starting a diet in July with the rest of the office. Last time he lost 30lbs. He's kind of all or nothing.

I've gone red too before, but it's hard to color super dark hair like mine and I'm afraid to damage it and bleach it. And reds fade so fast. I actually just asked my hairdresser to put navy streaks in my hair but he said it would fade in about 5 seconds. His place is sort of counter-culture/punk, so he probably knows what he's talking about. This is what I wanted:

https://www.bloom.com/CourtneyK?content=108958#uploads

It's the girl with a short bob about 5 down on the right. My husband loves weird colored, short hair. It's so weird because he is ULTRA preppy. We would look like the weirdest couple.

I think golden blonde sounds so pretty. Wow - your husband is dedicated!! I don't think I have it in me to do that. As I get older, I get more like f*** it. I'm sick of feeling the skinny pressure. Are you doing the diet?

I love the blue or purple streaks in black hair...it's cool. It would look good on you. Opposites attract ; ) that's why ur husband likes it. You and ur husband are in shape..and ur already skinny!
My husband needs to lose quiet a bit...he goes up and down, so do I. Right now I've been skinnier and fatter so I'm in the middle ; )

Man it's sweaty and humid in here! Dying!

Haha - I'm very strategically dressed to hide the flab. Also, none of those fb pics are recent. They're many pounds ago. My body really really changed after my surgeries. The proof is in the old baggy boyfriend jeans that have now morphed into matchstick skinny jeans and the EIGHT shirts I got stuck in last week and donated haha. I thought I was going to have to cut them off! I think it can only get better as I get farther away from my surgeries and exercise more so I'm keeping faith. DH is so annoying. He does Crossfit 6 days a week and makes me feel like a slob. You look gorgeous! What kind of diet does your dh do?

My DH just exercises and eats less junk and carbs. His job is a desk job...ride the bus home, then is tired and we watch tv and eat and go to bed. So when he diets he comes home works out right away and eats less. Then it comes off pretty easy for him. My job is the only thing keeping me from gaining more weight cause I'm always on my feet. I would feel better if I lost 20lbs. I will never be a thin or skinny girl, I've always been"bigger" and I'm tall, and I've always struggled with it. I had a best friend that was very pretty blonde and skinny like a size 2 or 4 on a fat day. We lived together when I was 18 and that was a wild summer. It was funny because I was blonde and curvy and she was blonde and tiny so we always attracted different boys. It was the summer of drinking and making out with boys that only look good after a few drinks lol. Fun times!

Just have a couple of minutes and wanted to check in with you ladies! I ended up at a doctor again. He gave me steroids and cough medicine with codeine and an inhaler. All this crud moved down into my lungs. Yuck.
Sounds like a fun weekend Corn! Annie i love the colors in dark hair, too. But its frustrating for them to fade so quickly. I did red one time and it was pink within a couple of weeks! That wasnt what i had in mind!
Annie how are you feeling? Ive been thinking of you both and hoping you are doing well!

Libby it's so good to hear from you! I'm sorry you are so sick on your trip! That totally blows! I hope u feel better super fast! I'm doing ok, fertile window here so I'll see what happens. Going to abuse my husband for a week and then ignore him the rest of the month ; ) I hope u can enjoy the rest of ur trip a bit.
Annie u are in my thoughts and I pray ur next scan will be good news and we can all celebrate : )

Make him work, girl! Been BDing in spite of being sick. No keeping track of anything so I'm doubtful about it for this month but we will see. I've been having fun and ignoring being sick. It's mostly just an inconvenience when I try to sleep. I cough my head off all night. It already feels better since seeing the doctor yesterday morning. I'll be good to go in no time now!
Annie I've been wishing good wishes for you! I hope everything is good!

So glad you're feeling better Libby! Hope it's a fun trip. I was busy all weekend with SIL and BIL putting on a happy face and would drop dead from the exhaustion at night. My panic went down a bit though, so that's good.

Glad everyone sounds good!

Haha - like your story about the summer with your tiny friend, Corn. That's cute.

Oh my god. Just had to share that I got more hcg testing yesterday (thank you for the prodding, Corn. It was the right call) and had signed up for email delivery of results from the lab. I got them a few minutes ago and it said the hcg hadn't risen at all. I was dialing dh to let him know it was over when I realized they had just sent me last week's test. Holy shit. I don't think my legs could support me right now if I tried to stand! The real results might not be good anyway, but what a crazy roller coaster this morning! Hope your trip is a lot of fun, Libby!

You guys! I've been missing you! My MIL is a nightmare!!! We are halfway home at a hotel. Thank goodness. I can have air conditioning how I want it instead of 897 degrees like MILs house!
So, I got AF. I'm pretty sure its early and it was quite a surprise. I had NONE of my normal PMS crap (sore boobs, back pain, cramps, sore thighs, crazy mood swings). I think that Vitex might help. Also cramps are super light, too.
Annie, what's the news? Corn, how are you? What's up?!

Hey Libby! Nice to hear from you! I'm sorry about AF : ( it's nice to visit family...but so good to get home ; )
I'm doing ok. Somewhere in tww...trying not to really think about it. I'm just kinda numb to it this cycle. Tomorrow is my "due date" from MMC and so it's a bit hard. Just bought some nice Lilly's to plant in memory.

Nice to have you back!!
Annie! How are you? So happy a out your positive results : )

I can't wait to hear about crazy MIL stories. I hope the trip was fun. I just got back from my MIL's and we could barely sleep the last two nights. I don't know what she didn't want the ac on! AF stinks, Libby. How early was it? I wonder if your body is adjusting to the supplements and everything? Could be good! Start temping!

I got an ultrasound with a heartbeat Friday. So I'm relieved. A little slow and a little small but within days of normal. Maybe I implanted late? We'll go with that.

Corn, I hope you're getting through the day ok. I love the idea of planting lillies xo

The Lillie's sound like a lovely idea! I've got my fingers crossed for you this TWW!
AF came on CD25. I think these supplements are doing some work on my system! Hopefully it's a good thing!
So we were all loaded into two cars headed to some place for dinner. All four of my kids were in SILs car with her and her hubs. In our car we had DHs parents and neice and nephew. I was joking around and said "poor Angie has all four of the little ones. She's gonna have one heck of headache by the time we get there!" Just joking around. MIL says "well she's like me. We LIKE kids. That's something she and I have in common different from.... other people." What a bitch! I said "I like kids, too. Especially those four. They're mine and I know them better than any of you." She tried to backpedal a bit but I ignored her. She gets mad when i call them my kids because technically theyre not. She thinks that because shes blood related to them that she knows them better and loves them more. Our last night there she told me how she had tried to tell my husband that he needed to think things through better before he did them BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED! This woman is asking to be punched in the face. I'm so glad we live 20 hours away from them!
Was it so exciting to hear your little monkey's heartbeat!?! I bet it was!!

Omg..Libby! Can she not take a joke? I hate people that are too quick to get offended and can't play around. She should be happy that you consider them "yours" and treat them as such. That's rare to find! Love that you had the "balls" to speak up...good for you! And then to ask her son to think about marrying u....whoa... He should be like....ya ur right I should think about it....what r we waiting for...we should get married now!

WHAT!!!?? Oh my god, that was so snarky and bitchy from your MIL!! Glad you spoke up. What did you say after she told you about warning him to marry you?! I can't freaking imagine. Does DH say anything to her? People are nuts. You so clearly dedicate time and effort to those children, call them your own, and they want to live with you primarily! She should be thanking you everyday for what you do for her grandchildren.

It was really good to see a heartbeat. It's still so surreal to me that it even has one already. We told our families since the chance of it working out now has increased. I'm a little hurt because two of my SILs didn't even text me a one-word "congratulations." Not that I want attention, but I know between the three of them there would be a lot of fanfare if it were one of them. It's awkward being the most recent addition to the family. Actually my BIL technically is, but I feel like it's easier for guys to jump in sometimes. End of today's complaint :)

Let's hear more stories, Libby! And any Nora antics? How are you feeling today, Corn?

Hey Annie...u would think your SILs would at least say congratulations...after all you have been through they should be happy for you. Family is so weird sometimes! I'm glad you told your family : ) makes it feel a little more real. I'm doing ok...just been working a lot so I'm really tired. Driving on Friday to Toronto and spending the night. And meeting ex the next day to drop off kids for six weeks. Sil and Bil coming as well for lots of fun ; ) separate car and hotel room ofcourse! They r a lot to handle sometimes...small doses is ok.

Yeah, and they've both had mc's as well. The one that hasn't been pregnant yet was really sweet.

Toronto sounds like a good spot for balancing people in small doses and keeping it fun. Better than them staying at your place and vice versa. How is it seeing your ex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->