• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Over 40 Natural BFP with DHEA CoQ10 Vitex Black Cohosh Low AMH

Welcome back notrustyyet!

I added black Colosh to my regime as I was also doing the egg health (coq10, largine, royal jelly, dhea, lipoic acid). I'm sitting in the dr. Office for my 2nd blood work to ensure my hcg levels are increasing properly. So exciting.

and have high NK cells that attack fetus....plus not sure if my TSH needs to be lower to concieve...

Hi i thought i was the only crazy one to want to have another baby lol... I read you have a high NK cell count... I had the same problem except I took drugs. What did you do to be able to tame them down? If you are breastfeeding there isn't much you could take, is there?[/QUOTE]

HP the ladies I know with high NK cell activity have been put on various treatments: intralipid infusions, prednisone, IVIG (that's pretty expensive) are the most common I've seen.

Notrustyet welcome back! Hopefully #2 will be coming! I'm back to natural ttc after 4 years and 5 m/c. Reading your post like a fertility bible, lol.

*Edit*

One thing my RE has me adding...PQQ (I get Jarrow formula from amazon) 20 mg twice daily. Early trials show promise for creating more mitochondria. Works in conjunction with CoQ10.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for this post. I came across it 4 months ago and followed it and just got a bfp at 42! Hopefully these supplements have worked their magic and it sticks. So excited!

Congratulations Marney!! I get excited when I read about all the success stories on this thread.

I just started taking DHEA a week ago. I had been on the fence about starting it because of all of the conflicting info about it but I finally decided to take the plunge. I had already been taking prentals, EPO and coq10 for the past 10 months.

We are planning to start trying for our third and last child in November. I hope by starting supplements now we can have the best possible chance of having a healthy baby. This time around we won't be able to seek medical help if it doesn't happen right away, so I've been really interested in doing all I can to improve my chances.

I am about to O and I've noticed that my ovulation pains have been very strong this cycle. It feels like the last time I was on Clomid/injectibles or how it used to feel when I was 10 years younger. This must be a good thing. :happydance: I'm thinking this is the DHEA at work, although the coq10 must be helping as well. I haven't had any other noticeable side effects, good or bad.

Good luck Cali!
I had no side effects from the DHEA, but then I was only taking 25mg.
I know that after a month or so on all of the supplements I felt really good, like I had a spring in my step :)
These supplements restored my cycle that was previously very erratic, often anovular and when I did ovulate I had an 8-9 day luteal phase. After taking them I had regular cycles of 27-28 days with a luteal phase of 12-13 days. The effect was immediate. So happy the I tried them.

Good luck Cali!
I know that after a month or so on all of the supplements I felt really good, like I had a spring in my step :)
These supplements restored my cycle that was previously very erratic, often anovular and when I did ovulate I had an 8-9 day luteal phase. After taking them I had regular cycles of 27-28 days with a luteal phase of 12-13 days. The effect was immediate. So happy the I tried them.

It's really interesting to me that DHEA works so quickly when it seems most other supplements take a few weeks to produce any noticeable results.

I sure hope I experience the increased energy--or it could be that no supplements can overcome the effects of having to work full time with two young children and very little sleep!

Good luck Cali!

It's really interesting to me that DHEA works so quickly when it seems most other supplements take a few weeks to produce any noticeable results.

I sure hope I experience the increased energy--or it could be that no supplements can overcome the effects of having to work full time with two young children and very little sleep!

Sorry just read that back and it seems what I said has been misunderstood. The effect on my cycle was immediate- I ovulated cd15 then had a 12 day luteal phase that cycle, my first normal cycle in a long time. It took a month to start feeling the effects in my energy levels.

Glad to hear that I may yet get an increase in energy! At the end of the week I just feel so run down sometimes.

I wonder if my ovulation day has changed. I haven't been really tracking, but I think it may have been delayed a day or two.

Hopefully the change in ovulation day means it is balancing your cycle as happened to me.
The extra energy is gone for me now...I am so tired that I just want to sleep all of the time,
not that I am complaining :)
Please let us know how this cycle goes, so hoping that this is your cycle!

ladies, I wonder if anyone considered taking coq10 while breastfeeding? I know there is lots of advice against it cos there were no trials to determine its safety. i still wonder that maybe it's OK to take it? been having really bad results with natural IVF compared to two years ago when I was on 400 Ubiquonol . i feel like my body could really use coq10 to work its magic on my eggs but not sure how much of it will be passed down to my DD with breastmilk.

Hi, I was just wondering if we can relive this thread and what to see if there is anyone that is in the same boat.

Hi, I was just wondering if we can relive this thread and what to see if there is anyone that is in the same boat.

Hi Irish_eyes,

I'm 42, DH is 48, we have a 7mo DD, and we're now hurriedly trying to give her a sibling before it's too late. We were blessed to get her. I was 41 when we had her and we're hoping we'll be blessed again in the near future.

If it doesn't happen again, we're grateful we've got her. But it would be good to give her a sibling as we don't want to leave her all alone in the world. We are older parents after all so we won't be around for her that long, compared to younger parents.

We've been TTC for about 3 months now. I've been tracking my BBT and ovulation and we've been DTD during the fertile window. No luck yet so far, so I'm going to see my GP next week to check my hormones etc. Am also considering seeing a fertility acupuncturist if no issue with my hormones.

Briss, I know this is late and you probably are past this stage, but I am taking ubiquinol while breastfeeding. I just started it a couple of weeks ago, and my nurseling is 10 months. It took a while to get pregnant with him because of my dismal ovarian reserve, and I think the ubiquinol helped. In a few months we're trying again, so I am taking it in hopes of helping. No ill effects yet, but to be honest, I didn't know it was a supplement that wasn't recommended while nursing. Off to research!

Congrats!
I am 43 and ttc, could you share the daily amounts you took.
I am trying to get a good plan in place.
I have cut out all caffeine, sugar, and processed foods.

Congrats!
I am 43 and ttc, could you share the daily amounts you took.
I am trying to get a good plan in place.
I have cut out all caffeine, sugar, and processed foods.

Hope Filled, I am taking the Jarrow brand (200 I think). My egg count 2 yrs ago was "like a 43 year olds" according to my testing, but the supplements and lifestyle changes supposedly help quality of the eggs and ovulation, and it seemed to work for me the first time, and hoping it does again. The other things I did to get pregnant with the first was take Pregnitude powder daily, cut out as much exposure to bad chemicals (used glass instead of plastic, switched makeup, deodorant, toothpaste, face wash, lotion, etc to products without endocrine disrupting chemicals). I'm trying to do that stuff again now. A month after truly cutting all those things we finally got pregnant with the first. Don't know if it was coincidence, but I'll take it! We followed the book "It Starts With the Egg" for maximizing egg health.

I will look for that book!
I have been doing all the above and no makeup has been fun. I stated DHEA 20mg for the last 5days started out at 10 and bumped to 20.
I got a high OPK this morning, so we are going to try and use the Stork cup when we BD, until a few days after by BBT spikes.
I did add Folate 800mg the last 5days also, I found information that reported it may help with birth defects.
Still a scary idea, I also read Down Syndrome occurs later in the pregnancy. Have you read anything helpful on that?

Good luck HopeFilled! I hope the stork cup does the trick! I haven't been temping as getting up all hours of the night seems to make my temps unreliable right now. Just doing OPKs and following cervical fluid for now. Although my OPKs have been all over the place-- I had a full week of blazing positives, so I wonder if I didn't O and my body was really trying to or if it did, just had a very long surge of LH. Who the heck knows!

I did the DHEA with my first too! And folate. Now I'm just taking the amount of folate that's in my prenatal, but I should probably add more.

With down syndrome, it's a genetic condition where you get an extra copy of a chromosome (T21), so it happens at conception, not later in pregnancy. You can even find out from a blood test when you're 9+ weeks along if you're so inclined. But most people don't do that and find out later by looking at "soft" markers in the scans, which may be why a lot of people think it happens later in pregnancy even though that's not the case.

Hi MissDoc, thanks very much for responding. I went ahead with ubiqunol started with 100 a day and now I'm doing 600. But i also went back to work and dd is at the nursery full time so i only breastfeed in the evenings and during the night. I think reducing bf helped to get my estgogen back up. I'm doing back to back natural ivf and all the cycles last year failed. This year i also have failed cycles but my fertilisation rate improved so I'm feeling more hopeful. I'm currently trying a stim ivf while bf.

I tried every supplement known to man but none of it made any difference but we also have male factor in the end we got lucky on our 7th natural IVF. Second time around its even harder, lost count to how many ivfs I've had now.

Hi ladies!

I am almost 40 and wont be able to try until next April! So looking into healthy habits to improve my fertility.

What are the top foods/vitamins you would recommend? Im currently taking a prenatal (jamieson) - any brand you recommend?
Im also taking maca

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"