Over the Moon but...

neadyda

Reaction score
I just want to make it clear I’m so blessed and happy and over the moon that we are having another baby, but a part of me is worried it’s going to affect my two other children

They don’t know yet as I’m very early on. Jamie will be 9 this year and Leo will be 7. Leo has autism and has limited speech/can’t communicate like others. It’s gonna turn their world upside down.

Does the worry every go away? Is it normal to feel this way?

The worry never goes away hun, I know with children with autism they are very structured and set in their ways, even though another baby may come as a shock and an upset to their routine, I think they will get used to the idea in their little heads :) a lot of involvement from day one, well as much as your son can handle I think. I know my friends son was very autistic, and she had a second little boy, she was actually surprised with how her first reacted, she was expecting meltdowns and needing eyes in the back of her head, turns out her autistic son took to his little brother so much it actually calmed his meltdowns by half, almost like how some autistic children takes to a pet they can care for I'm a sense. I'm sure it will be fine plus there is so much support out there these days :) hope your okay x

The worry never goes away hun, I know with children with autism they are very structured and set in their ways, even though another baby may come as a shock and an upset to their routine, I think they will get used to the idea in their little heads :) a lot of involvement from day one, well as much as your son can handle I think. I know my friends son was very autistic, and she had a second little boy, she was actually surprised with how her first reacted, she was expecting meltdowns and needing eyes in the back of her head, turns out her autistic son took to his little brother so much it actually calmed his meltdowns by half, almost like how some autistic children takes to a pet they can care for I'm a sense. I'm sure it will be fine plus there is so much support out there these days :) hope your okay x
Thank you so much for your reply :). I’m
Hoping this will be the case for Leo. He loves other babies so I’m hoping he will love this one. Jamie is at an age now where he can help me out haha! Xx

Thank you so much for your reply :). I’m
Hoping this will be the case for Leo. He loves other babies so I’m hoping he will love this one. Jamie is at an age now where he can help me out haha! Xx

I'm sure he will hun! He will have his off days I'm sure but that's siblings for you hahaha if he loves other babys now that's a good start! I know some children with autism that struggles around kids in general, which makes it that slightly more difficult when I sibling is introduced, but he already has an older brother and I'm sure a younger sibling will be no different :) just take it day but day, and keep him up to date with everything in the pregnancy, it makes them that more prepared I think :) you swear I know what I'm talking about with autism but I really don't, I did do some training in a previous job about autism and learning disabilities but this is hand on heart what I believe, not what training taught me Haha:)

I'm sure he will hun! He will have his off days I'm sure but that's siblings for you hahaha if he loves other babys now that's a good start! I know some children with autism that struggles around kids in general, which makes it that slightly more difficult when I sibling is introduced, but he already has an older brother and I'm sure a younger sibling will be no different :) just take it day but day, and keep him up to date with everything in the pregnancy, it makes them that more prepared I think :) you swear I know what I'm talking about with autism but I really don't, I did do some training in a previous job about autism and learning disabilities but this is hand on heart what I believe, not what training taught me Haha:)
Yeah I think I will inform his school as soon as I feel ready and happy to tell people, so they can help me prepare him. I can’t wait to start telling people!! xx

Yeah I think I will inform his school as soon as I feel ready and happy to tell people, so they can help me prepare him. I can’t wait to start telling people!! xx

How does he get on with children at school hun? Is there any problems there or is he completely fine? I know you say he struggles with speech but I can see him teaching his little sibling through actions and play and your oldest through verbal communication, best of both worlds you got there really!

I told people way to soon.... I was 3 weeks when I found out and by 6 weeks everyone knew, I developed huge bloat that looked like an obvious bump being my 3rd things don't stay in for very long! I couldn't be bothered to answer to everyone who asked was I pregnant so the answer was simply yes hahaha x

How does he get on with children at school hun? Is there any problems there or is he completely fine? I know you say he struggles with speech but I can see him teaching his little sibling through actions and play and your oldest through verbal communication, best of both worlds you got there really!

I told people way to soon.... I was 3 weeks when I found out and by 6 weeks everyone knew, I developed huge bloat that looked like an obvious bump being my 3rd things don't stay in for very long! I couldn't be bothered to answer to everyone who asked was I pregnant so the answer was simply yes hahaha x
He doesn’t play with anyone. Rather interact with adults. He does play with his big brother (by play o mean play fight haha)

I’m gonna have to tell people soon, I’m nearly 5 weeks but already have bloat which makes me look about 15 weeks pregnancy lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->