Overdue Club - Anyone joining me?

Update from us, we had our little babygirl two days ago :o) very happy, will write a proper birth announcement soon :o)

Congratulations!!!

I am in the hospital right now for my induction, but so far just on IV fluids, waiting for the doctor to come check me. Having some mild contractions, but not too regular. Well, today's the day...

Good luck to you, Lily and Anna! It's been nice waiting this out with you ladies. xox

My little boy, Teddy, arrived this morning at 8:33am after 23.5 hours of labor.. He is 7 lbs 14 oz and 20.5 inches, and just gorgeous. I am so in love.
Will share a birth story in a few days, and a picture if I can figure it out. Thinking of you ladies, and looking forward to hearing your news too. xox

Hello ladies!

Baby Rowen was born yesterday morning via an emergency c section at 06:07 am after a very very traumatic induction! He weighs 6lb 14oz. Both doing very well now.

Went In on the Thursday as planned , had my 2x suppositories with absolutely no effect 6 hours apart. Turns out my cervix is very posterior and very difficult to examine. Throughout the day BP during the induction my BPwas raised. They gave me meds to bring it down with little effect. I started to feel unwell with. Was monitored throughout the day and babysat being a little tinker and kept showing signs of distress, but they were putting it down to him playing with his cord. Later on I the evening, around midnight the Drs decided to transfer me to labour suite, even tho I wasn't at all dilated or contracting. It was mentioned by the MW onthe ward that a c section was likely. Howver they wanted to try and give me the best chance of a natural labourby breaking my waters and to have one on one MW care. Because of my super high cervix (which they were unable to examine to assess how it had changed) I had to be put in stirrups nd give gas and air to be examined and waters to be attempted to be broken.this was superstore painful. Eventually the Dr thought my waters had been broken. Baby was still in distress on the CTG. A decision was finally made for a c section and the baby had to be delivered in 30 mins. Luckily, the anaesthetist who was on believed she could make the spinal effective within 10 minutes (a GA is my worst nightmare). I entered theatre at 05.50, Spinal effective at 06.00, Incision made at 06.00, baby delivered 06.07 and end of operation at 06.40.

My placenta was examined and it was very gritty (a sign associated with over due babies, High BP and smokers) although I don't smoke. I were the other two.

Not the experience I wanted or expected. I have so any questions about why things went the way they did.

But I am pleased we have our little boy safe with me here.

God bless the NHS!

Congratulations! Just stalking third tri and discovered your thread. I had a very similar experience and know how traumatized and maybe cheated you feel. So much attention is focused on birth plans, natural delivery (when I told my antenatal class leader Id ended up having an emergency c/s she said Shame, at least you tried!) but I really wanted to say that as the days pass your life will be so filled with the amazing joy of your growing little boy and you'll start seeing that all important birth not as the end of your journey but rather as a means to getting your most precious bundle into the world. Not so important how but rather safe and sound. Enjoy him, you did well!!

Zub...I feel very traumatised. I'm in the medical profession so knew how serious it was from the start. At midnight I knew theatre was on the cards, yet they dragged it it until 6am to take me. I just kept thinking/saying 'just take me for a c-section!' even tho my plan was natural birth, just gas and air :-( I do feel cheated a little. I never really had a contraction! It really has put me off wanting a natural birth again though, as I don't think I physically can give birth now due to my anatomy :-(

Wrote a hurried draft of my birth story, if you would like to read it...
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...ents/1845811-baby-boy-teddy-arrived-last.html
Congratulations everyone! We made it!

Just to update! I had Leo Otis Sat 27th April at 9.07pm after a very dramatic 42hr labour ending in C section. No regrets and recovering so well!
He weighed 8lb 13 and is gorgeous and a really good baby..feel like I have always known him!
Congrats everyone. It was great hanging out the final few days together. Thankyou for your support and friendship. xx

congrats Ruby!

so happy we all have our babies now, but I do miss this thread! hope you and your babies are all doing well. happy mother's day!

xox

ladies congrats on your babies!!!

I feel guilty updating so late, but I seriously didn't have much time to go online :p

I had my baby boy as planned, with an induction on April 25th, at 1pm!
My doctor wanted to go the cs way, but my midwife helped a lot and I had my baby naturally (with the exception of pessary and a bottle of pitocin), without pain relief. Baby was really high and I had to change positions all the time during labor, big pains started only after waters were broken, I had 4 really painful contractions as he was descending through the birth canal, and then 4-5 (on my right side) pushes to get him out. As he was overdue he was quite big, and I was torn quite a bit. So for me the worse part was the effing stitches I had to suffer. I was in agony and couldn't hold my baby during that time, only briefly, so I didn't breastfeed immediately, but 3 hours later when the midwives brought him in my room. I was quite alright soon after btw, able to shower on my own etc. I even organized our clothes in the closet there (policy was we stay in the hospital for 3-4 full days).

Today my LO is 3 weeks old, a very smily, sweet, fairly calm and cute baby!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=615185&d=1368693563
:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"