Overweight or obese and TTC?

Can't believe I'm 80 pounds overweight and pregnant, but here we go! I'm going to try and not gain hardly any weight...by slowly losing if possible. I need to exercise more. I know that I'm not supposed to jump into some big new plan, but I just joined a new gym and will treadmill more often. Part of the reason I gained so much in the last year is because I stopped going to the gym!
Good luck everyone! I love to see that we have several BFPs here...proof that we big girls can do it!

:cloud9:

Hey Ladies just wanted to pop in and let you all know that our impatience worked in our favor. Our first month of at home insemination and we got our :bfp: !!! Super excited and glad to see that several others have gotten theirs as well. I'm looking forward to being a hot plus size mommy :happydance:

Congrats on the BFPs gals!!!!!! lets show those skinny ladies how we rock a baby bump!

Can it really be possible...my pants are already too tight around waist....i have to buy a bela band already...im assuming its bloat....

Happycloud.....i feel you.....i was doing well o going to the gym....i have to keep myself there or im gonna blow up!

Omg!!! Congrats!!!! Girls. So happy for you guys!!!!

Try and be positive, it's normal to be scared but you have to believe everything will be wonderful! :hugs:

Hi Monkeypooh! It's nice to see another Canadian! :)
Hiya!! I lived in BC. I worked at BC Cancer Research Center. What part are you from?

Hey! We moved to the Kootenays from Port Coquitlam about 4 years ago! Where abouts were you? :)

Sorry, I missed this until now,
I lived in Tsawwassen for a few years then Vancouver- I miss the ocean so much.

No worries :) I miss the ocean too! Luckily my in-laws live on it so when we go down I get to see it for sure :D

I was pre shopping for plus size maternity clothes today, not much out there. Where do you ladies plan to shop?

After reading through all 41 pages :) I'd like to join in :)
Im overweight...about 250 but have lost about 40 this year...kind of at a plateau now...
This is our 2nd month TTC with IUI on Femara and the trigger shot...
So inspiring hearing your stories and congrats on the BFP's!!

I was pre shopping for plus size maternity clothes today, not much out there. Where do you ladies plan to shop?

What I did when I was pregnant with my daughter was just buy larger plus size clothes. I didn't have much luck finding plus size maternity clothes but the bigger plus size clothes worked great for me and I have been able to keep wearing most of them after too :)

Hi Wilsons :)

gals u probably know this already, but I recently got a book 'big, beautiful and pregnant' all about plus size pregnancy, its great I reccommend it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any of you guys use chlomid to get pregnant?

Hiya, my name is Louise, i'm 32 and i'm TTC baby number 2. I am very overweight. We've been TTC for 12 months now. We were NTNP with our first and it all happened quite quickly. I am about 2 stone heavier now. I've been using OPK tests. My cycles were regular (28 days) when I had Ben but now they are anything betwen 31 to 41 days and I have a LH of 10 days (used to be 14). My DH keeps telling me we should go to the doctors but I worried i'll just get fobbed off because of my weight.

I hear ya..we tried for 7 months...I didn't want to see a doc right away because i Knew they would get mad and yell at me...:-( I had doubts...i'm about 80lbs overweight... I have lost about 100lbs in the past 2 years...I was hoping that would help my body conceive and carry....we did it after 7 months..our first appt is tomorrow I hope I don't get yelled at too much..and I hope all this goes well...I'm soooo worried my weight will mess this all up...

....to previous question...no clomid...

Its official ...I'm knocked up...doc said the test wouldn't be pos yet...but i asked for one anyway...:) it was pos!!! first prenatal visit and scan next week! :)

DM Family-
We ordered that book too.

When did they tell you they wanted you in for a visit. I explained my weight and such and they still don't want to see me until I am 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->