• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overweight or obese and TTC?

Hey girl, I'm overweight atm and TTC.. trying to lose weight responsibly! I've read a lot of negative stuff but that's if you have PCOS or irregular cycles which is linked to obesity and being overweight but if you have a regular AF and you ovulate then you have just as much chance as an average or smaller lady so don't worry! I'd love to be your buddy. Good luck xoxo

Yeah thats the one....it doesnt store about 15% (i think) of fat in your food....and expels it in disasterous ways lol Ring any bells?

And thank you very much lol

good luck in ttc :)

xXx

Me & Orlistat/Xenical have had run in's a long time back when I was really fat... Disaterous can only come close to what I've called the mishaps, Lol x

Oh my god i had some of the most embarrassing moments of my life with those lol. i'm very very slowly losing weight, but i guess its better than nothing.

Anyone around the 23stone region?? pls pls pls say its not just me:blush::blush:

Testing!!! I have bad reception on my phone!!! I keep trying to post lol

:hi:ladies,

My I please join you, I am overwight too. I am 35 years and about 238lbs give or take a few pounds. I have 2 boys already. I have been trying since last Sept. My lady Dr. said everything was fine with me and my body. I have been off the pill since last April. I have been having regular cycles since coming off, just cant seem to catch that egg...LOL

Heay China Girl
Sounds like there's nothing stopping you from catching the egg, i wish you all the luck :D
xXx

So just wondering about this Angus Cactus? How many of you have used it and how did it work for you? Thanks!!! :flower:

I credit AC to my :witch: coming back after 9 months of nothing. I take 1600mg a day. I honestly think its helped my cycles in a huge way and I would reccomend trying it for sure :thumbup: Oh and Iv been using it for 3 weeks now x
xxxxx

Hey
Only been on ac for a couple of wks, n on cd16 n not o yet, but i do have pcos, so jus keep takin it.
I had a bad wk i put on 1/4lb which im annoyed with.
xx

So just wondering about this Angus Cactus? How many of you have used it and how did it work for you? Thanks!!! :flower:

I've been taking agnus castus for only 6-8 weeks, as I have almost no period at all, so far all I've had is spotting, but considering I havent had any period since january this year i think it might be a good start..... Im was also taking folic acid and prenatal vits, and now ive added epo and vit b complex.... :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply. I've seen some women post they use it but never read much on how it worked... I had no AF since May of 2010. I stopped BCP in February 2011 and June was the first spotting I had since May! But that was it! 10 days of spotting and nothing else! I have a dr's appointment Thursday to discuss possibly taking progesterone? So I guess I'll find out more then :shrug:

I'm just hoping I get some sort of result from this,if I don't soon I'm going to be seeing my doctor too. Just feel a bit reluctant to see them.....

Feeling very stupid this morning, realised Ive only been taking half the recomended dosage of agnus castus...... I was ment to be taking 2 tablets twice a day, but was only taking one tablet twice a day......:blush: Ill be doing it right now.....:blush:

Aww emilyann some people only have 2 a day, but on my bottle it says 4 a day so thats wat i do.
x

I am new to BandB. I am overweight and DH and I have been TTC for almost 3 years and only charting for about the past 3 months. I have been told by "friends" that I probably won't be able to conceive. It has me worried. A year ago I broke my ankle (really badly on both the tibia and fibula ( my left ankle was at a 90 degree angle to the left) and cracked the talus. I was in a wheelchair from April 15th 2010 until August 2010. I gained over 80lbs due to immobility and mainly depression. Since coming out of the wheelchair, it has been a tough road to loosing the weight bc there are days when my ankle hurts so badly that it takes all I have to walk. -- I've even been told that we don't need children bc I have difficulties walking -- I have to remind myself that some people still have stone age tendencies, and not let it get me down -- So glad to have this site. :thumbup:

Just thought I would say I am pretty sure I weigh more than anyone else on this forum and I am sitting here playing with my 10 week old son. I had a straight forward pregnancy (apart from HG which has nothing to do with weight) and birth (section delivery but only because he was back to back and stuck!).

I also had a very noticeable baby bump (I know that's something I worried I wouldn't have!) from 20 weeks.

Good luck to you all and feel free to pm if you want any advice/info about being preggers and very overweight xxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies! I'd like to join in this thread too. I'm new to TTC (just married last year) and started charting, but still no O. Most likely have PCOS, though have never been formally diagnosed. My doc seems pretty casual about it, almost immediately put me on Prometrium to kickstart AF, which worked, and took clomid days 2-7. I'm now on CD9 and using OPK and charting. So I'm really hoping to ovulate in the next week!
Meanwhile, being size 18 (U.S.) and 34, I have this annoying confluence of "clock is ticking" and "shouldn't try to get pregnant until I lose weight" guilt. I've gained a lot of weight just in the last couple of years, doing the whole "fat and happy" thing since falling in love and getting married. (and starting a new job where there was a faculty "hospitality cabinet" ugh.) I feel like everyone thinks it's irresponsible of me to be ttc or something.
I'm vegetarian and eat pretty healthy, but probably eat too much quantity-wise and too many sweets (I have a small vegan cupcake business).
Over the last week I cut out dairy, gluten, and sugar and have lost about 3 pounds.

But we need to TRUST OUR BODIES! and believe that we are capable and healthy and strong and CAN do this!
:)

Just thought I would say I am pretty sure I weigh more than anyone else on this forum and I am sitting here playing with my 10 week old son. I had a straight forward pregnancy (apart from HG which has nothing to do with weight) and birth (section delivery but only because he was back to back and stuck!).

I also had a very noticeable baby bump (I know that's something I worried I wouldn't have!) from 20 weeks.

Good luck to you all and feel free to pm if you want any advice/info about being preggers and very overweight xxxxxxxxx

This was very inspirational. Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your baby boy!

FleurDeLis
have your friends told you you won't be able to conceive because of your weight? That doesn't sound loving. My sister has said the same thing. She is a bit overweight and had to lose 30lbs each time to
Get pregnant with her boys! I'm glad you found it here for support. I'm sorry for all you've been through. Hugs!

Aww emilyann some people only have 2 a day, but on my bottle it says 4 a day so thats wat i do.
x

Well my bottle does say to take 2 twice a day..... I just read it wrong.....:blush: and as it hasnt managed to do much these past few weeks Ive been on it, I'd guess I should be taking more.....:blush: Just feel so silly for reading it wrong.......:shrug:

heloo :)
I was just wondering how long u were TTC before ur bfp ? Im 19 stone and have PCOS and so worried. congrats on ur LO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EdthedOg
Will you share your size? I know I would be encourages as well as others. Also how
Long did you try for and what do you think did the trick?

Thank you! :)

Edthedog
It was great reading ur story makes me feel like it cud happen
xx

Fleue
That aint very supportive from ur friends, its not only thin people that get preg. Seems unfair of them to put that on you.
I hope ur ankle gets better, n it shudnt stop u from wantin children, im on dla n incapacity, as got a dizzi condition n a bad backfrom car crash but i stil am ttc.
Gd luck for ur bfp soon
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back