• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overweight or obese and TTC?

Can i please join?

I'm technically morbidly obese and i conceived at 140kgs/308 lbs my youngest is 16 months old so it can happen it just takes alittle more time than most. It took us 13 months to get #2 and it will probably be the same this time. Amazingly enough i don't have any health issues no pcos or the like.

Never give up even if you are overweight it can happen.

FleurDeLis
have your friends told you you won't be able to conceive because of your weight? That doesn't sound loving. My sister has said the same thing. She is a bit overweight and had to lose 30lbs each time to
Get pregnant with her boys! I'm glad you found it here for support. I'm sorry for all you've been through. Hugs!

Yes. I have a "friend" that works at a Women's Health Clinic and has more or less stated that because of my weight I won't be able to conceive and if I do I'm being selfish to the baby bc I can't be as active a parent as I should be. She knows the struggles that I've had with my ankle and learning to work the muscles again with Physical Therapy, so I don't understand where her negativity is coming from. However, I and my Husband work well as a team and I know we can do it. It just bothers me that there is such negativity even when it isn't their business.

Fleue
That aint very supportive from ur friends, its not only thin people that get preg. Seems unfair of them to put that on you.
I hope ur ankle gets better, n it shudnt stop u from wantin children, im on dla n incapacity, as got a dizzi condition n a bad backfrom car crash but i stil am ttc.
Gd luck for ur bfp soon
x

Thank you very Much Vic! I wish you the best of luck!!!

I am CD38, 24 DPO and AF 8 days late.

Two nights ago I didn't sleep, I was so restless and kept getting up and my lower back hurt so bad. Last night I slept like a log and didn't hear the alarm go off and DH was late to work. I now have a super bad raging "sick" headache. I sure hope today gets better.

How's everyone else doing today?

Hey girls

I wanto join you all too. In a nutshell I am about 60lb overweight, diabetic, probable pcos (not fully diagnosed), regular cycles but only an oestrogen release as I'm not ovulating and married to a dh who has just been told he has super sperm. Not so super they can find my eggs though!

We have been having all the preliminary blood, sa etc for a fs appointment but I have just called halt to it all until I can lose weight. I really don't want to go in and them say it's just because your fat, so I'm going to make a serious effort before we make a new appt and go back.

GL ladies - I see there is one bfp already

Ps fleur ignore what others think and say and do what you think is best! We are all right behind you and everyone on this thread.

Fleur, that was really mean of that so called friend! Ugh.
Welcome bluebumble!

I have a few links for you guys...
First, I found that babycenter.com has a pretty big community for pregnant and plus sized...lots of articles, responses, and posts. For example, I just read an article and a bunch of comments about breastfeeding while big-chested!
Then I was looking at all these pics of plus sized pregnant women, and it left me feeling hopeful!!...
https://community.babycenter.com/photoclubs/a6683085/plus_size_and_pregnant
and I thought this article was really good...
https://www.babycenter.com/0_having-a-positive-plus-size-pregnancy_1504849.bc?page=1

Anyway, I'm on CD 10 and have been using OPKs the last few days...today it is darker, but I think it might be too early to be ovulate?? I have no fertile quality cm...but I took clomid which supposedly dries that up. Bought some Preseed to help in that area!
Have a great day everyone!

Hey girls

I wanto join you all too. In a nutshell I am about 60lb overweight, diabetic, probable pcos (not fully diagnosed), regular cycles but only an oestrogen release as I'm not ovulating and married to a dh who has just been told he has super sperm. Not so super they can find my eggs though!

We have been having all the preliminary blood, sa etc for a fs appointment but I have just called halt to it all until I can lose weight. I really don't want to go in and them say it's just because your fat, so I'm going to make a serious effort before we make a new appt and go back.

GL ladies - I see there is one bfp already

Ps fleur ignore what others think and say and do what you think is best! We are all right behind you and everyone on this thread.

thank you Blue!! Best of Luck with you and your DH's journey. We are here for you, as well!!

Fleur, that was really mean of that so called friend! Ugh.
Welcome bluebumble!

I have a few links for you guys...
First, I found that babycenter.com has a pretty big community for pregnant and plus sized...lots of articles, responses, and posts. For example, I just read an article and a bunch of comments about breastfeeding while big-chested!
Then I was looking at all these pics of plus sized pregnant women, and it left me feeling hopeful!!...
https://community.babycenter.com/photoclubs/a6683085/plus_size_and_pregnant
and I thought this article was really good...
https://www.babycenter.com/0_having-a-positive-plus-size-pregnancy_1504849.bc?page=1

Anyway, I'm on CD 10 and have been using OPKs the last few days...today it is darker, but I think it might be too early to be ovulate?? I have no fertile quality cm...but I took clomid which supposedly dries that up. Bought some Preseed to help in that area!
Have a great day everyone!

Thank you HappyCloud. My DH and I haven't used Preseed, but we did use the Instead Soft Cups (weird experience, I'll have to share later). Let us know how/if you liked the Preseed

Being over weight doesn't mean you wont get pregnant, but it can help being a better weight.

Alot of it is to do with the fact that fat stores hormones which can in turn act like the pill.

Apparently your chances improve 4% with each BMI point you lose.

My infertility is nothing to do with my weight (which I am desperatly trying to lose!!).

I have to lose weight so I can have IVF.

Wish all you ladies lots of luck and baby dust.

xxx

There's a plus size bump thread too! I stalk it too occasionally :ninja: It gives me hope!!!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-groups/165711-plus-size-bump-pictures.html

If it's 4% increase with each BMI point then I think I have my chances have increased by 32%. That's promising I suppose!!! :yipee:

Heaaay
Just checking in to see how everyeryones doing. And thanks for the links girls i'm going to be looking at those for hours lol very uplifting :)

WELLLL i'm 1dpo lol so fingers crossed :) Anyone else in the same boat?

xXx

Ok so I hate the word OBESE... just call me FAT. lol
But i do "carry it well". I've been working out trying to lose weight so I can get that positive test result... I work out 5x a week for last 2 and a half months and have lost 22lbs. YAY!!
I am currently 317lbs (depending on the day). I have been TTC since March with NO success. Can't seem to pinpoint my ovulation. Who knew it was soooo much work. Did Ovulation tests for 2 months and never could find out when I ovulated. Oh yeah and the catch... I am SINGLE! lol So i have a "sperm donor" and luckily he is pretty cooperative but unfortunately he lives far away and it isn't so easy for us to get those donations. lol I make due with what I can do. But my worry is that my weight is severely impacting my chances. Or could it be the fact that me and "SD" = Sperm donor don't have enough donations or that I only got off BC back in OCT 2010 (almost 9 months ago). Well SD and me spent a week together near O and now i'm 3 days late but i feel SO weird. Weird Pressure (which i usually have the day of my AF) but it's 2 days now and no AF... then there is this weird back pain. 2 days late for AF i took a pregnancy test and it was Neg :( Trying not to get discouraged but thinking maybe my weight could be why pregnancy test isn't detecting the pregnancy hormone early? Waiting (if I can till friday 7/15) if no AF by then.... then testing again. I have an avg cycle of 33 days. No longer than 36 days usually in the last year. so i'm on day 36 right now. Hoping for a Positive. As are all of us!! I hope we all get the results we desire and then we can all go to the BBW and expecting thread :)
I love that this thread exists. Hope you don't mind me joining in!!

I love this too. I'm 180(ish) and finally starting to lose weight. My problem is that I go on fast food binges :[ So I'm really struggling. But hubby promised me today that he would NEVER let me eat it again. So I am going cold turkey and now that I have told all of you I feel I am held accountable! Lol. But anyway, I'm 180(ish) depending on what time of day I weigh myself, and would like to be 140(ish) - and DH promised me today that when I get to my goal I get the new wedding ring I want! (We are looking to upgrade) Soooo anywho that's my story and this is my fifth month trying so hopefully I will get BFP soon!

Welcome
Angel  congrats on the weightloss!!!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Hope you get that BFP soon!

Thanks for sharing that link babymaybe!!!!

Soooo

What size is everyone?
I'm a 2x 24

I'm a size 11. But weigh 180. To be honest I have no idea where all the pounds are. Lol.

How is everyone?

Today i feel the witch coming *sigh* Not such a good day feeling alittle depressed and tired of ttc. Tired of all the waiting tired of all the months gone by...Anyone else feeling this way?

Next cycle im hoping to start temping and checking my CF to see whether i have fertile CF and hopefully see whats going on.

Where is everyone atm cycle wise? Hoping to hear some BFP's soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->