Ovulation pain. Thoughts?

PJS1982

Reaction score
So I just had my first +OPK yesterday. Started getting very dark Tuesday night and by Wed SMU it was darker than the control line. I'm not charting BBT since this is my first month trying any type of charting and I didn't want to get all stressed out trying to learn all the new things at once.

Now, I experience ovulation pains every few months ONLY on my right side. I have never in my life felt pains on my left. So, my cramps started Wed morning, a dull throbby type with occasional twinges like usual. They got pretty intense and woke me twice in the MotN and it was difficult to get comfy on my stomach to sleep. Then they were pretty bad today, kind of a tight feeling through my right hip down to my pelvic area. As if I had a really short string connecting my hip to my pelvic bone. Again, that's normal. Then they subsided and I'm now having -OPKs.

Suddenly about 15 mins ago, I started getting the EXACT pains on my left side. They're sharp and twingy one minute, then taper off to a dull throbbing and back again until now, it's that tight, too short string attached feeling. Totally normal for me, except I have NEVER had this happen on my left and can't even imagine having both ovaries hurting in the same cycle! Is this normal? Is this something I'd call my dr about? No spotting, just normal EWCM. I'm a bit bloated and gassy feeling (hehe ew) but otherwise this is totally normal for me, except "wrong" side.

SO i guess my question is...how strange is it that I feel ov pain on BOTH sides in one day?? Especially since I've never had it in my left before? :wacko:

And is it odd that my OPK went neg after a day? I've been testing 2-3x a day since CD8-10ish so I wouldn't miss anything.

ETA: I'm not nor have I been taking any types of medications or supplements. I only take an extra folic acid with my regular one a day vitamin.

ETA again: This is CD16 for me on a 29-30 day cycle.

So I just had my first +OPK yesterday. Started getting very dark Tuesday night and by Wed SMU it was darker than the control line. I'm not charting BBT since this is my first month trying any type of charting and I didn't want to get all stressed out trying to learn all the new things at once.

Now, I experience ovulation pains every few months ONLY on my right side. I have never in my life felt pains on my left. So, my cramps started Wed morning, a dull throbby type with occasional twinges like usual. They got pretty intense and woke me twice in the MotN and it was difficult to get comfy on my stomach to sleep. Then they were pretty bad today, kind of a tight feeling through my right hip down to my pelvic area. As if I had a really short string connecting my hip to my pelvic bone. Again, that's normal. Then they subsided and I'm now having -OPKs.

Suddenly about 15 mins ago, I started getting the EXACT pains on my left side. They're sharp and twingy one minute, then taper off to a dull throbbing and back again until now, it's that tight, too short string attached feeling. Totally normal for me, except I have NEVER had this happen on my left and can't even imagine having both ovaries hurting in the same cycle! Is this normal? Is this something I'd call my dr about? No spotting, just normal EWCM. I'm a bit bloated and gassy feeling (hehe ew) but otherwise this is totally normal for me, except "wrong" side.

SO i guess my question is...how strange is it that I feel ov pain on BOTH sides in one day?? Especially since I've never had it in my left before? :wacko:

And is it odd that my OPK went neg after a day? I've been testing 2-3x a day since CD8-10ish so I wouldn't miss anything.

ETA: I'm not nor have I been taking any types of medications or supplements. I only take an extra folic acid with my regular one a day vitamin.

ETA again: This is CD16 for me on a 29-30 day cycle.

Hey, I'm TTC #4 and I've never experienced any OV pains with my other 3 at all, this time I had OV pains in both sides and it really hurt! Then for a couple days I had pains on both sides getting lower around my Fallopian tubes! My opk also went negative the same day as it became positive and a day later after the first pos opk was stark white again! Good luck this month xx:flower:

Hey, I'm TTC #4 and I've never experienced any OV pains with my other 3 at all, this time I had OV pains in both sides and it really hurt! Then for a couple days I had pains on both sides getting lower around my Fallopian tubes! My opk also went negative the same day as it became positive and a day later after the first pos opk was stark white again! Good luck this month xx:flower:

Since first posting this, I've googled and googled and googled and found so many different theories on double sided O pain. Some say it's normal for women 30+, some say only normal on fertility meds, and of course the obligatory "It's cancer! You're dying!" Dr Google search result haha, I found a few people saying they conceived TWINS after having both sides. Holy cow! So! haha good luck to us! :thumbup:

Since first posting this, I've googled and googled and googled and found so many different theories on double sided O pain. Some say it's normal for women 30+, some say only normal on fertility meds, and of course the obligatory "It's cancer! You're dying!" Dr Google search result haha, I found a few people saying they conceived TWINS after having both sides. Holy cow! So! haha good luck to us! :thumbup:
Our bodies are :wacko: . They take pleasure in making us go "WTF is going on here?!" then mockery and laughter ensues. I just had to tell you this had me :rofl: . So true! Oh Dr. Google :dohh: .

I posted a thread asking about OV pains on both sides and one lady said she had a scan before OV and had 2 juicy eggs waiting to pop either side and she also experienced OV pains both sides too! Well I'm early 20s and on no fertility meds! And I hope I don't have cancer or I'm dying! Geeez lol! Only time will tell how this story unfolds! :happydance:

X

Our bodies are :wacko: . They take pleasure in making us go "WTF is going on here?!" then mockery and laughter ensues. I just had to tell you this had me :rofl: . So true! Oh Dr. Google :dohh: .

So true! Hehe x

I posted a thread asking about OV pains on both sides and one lady said she had a scan before OV and had 2 juicy eggs waiting to pop either side and she also experienced OV pains both sides too! Well I'm early 20s and on no fertility meds! And I hope I don't have cancer or I'm dying! Geeez lol! Only time will tell how this story unfolds! :happydance:

X

Oh man lol imagine if both of our 4th turns into 4th and 5th! I read a post through google from this site where a woman was asking about double ov pain and she ended up with triplets! Naturally! My pains have subsided mostly since about an hour ago. I wonder if I actually did Ov today! I promised myself that if AF comes this cycle, I'm going to BBT chart and everything else under the sun. My husband travels mon-fri so it's hard enough as it is without having to guess at Ov.

I always tell myself not to google, then I get freaked out thinking I have heart problems (I have anxiety), or diabetes (because I was peeing a lot), or throat cancer (because I probably had post nasal drip). Dr Google is evil!! :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->