Ovulation Question (From a complete novice!)

L

Lucid Dreamer

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my post :thumbup:

I have a question about ovulation/contraception; I remember getting very good advice on here when I was trying to conceive my daughter, sadly since then I'm a little rusty on my ovulation knowledge and was hoping someone would kindly help me.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section or anything but I couldn't see a better place to put it.

Okay, i'll try and keep things simple without leaving out any important parts... so! *takes deep breath*...

I am currently on the implant, but due to continuous periods lasting 7-10 days with only a day or two in between, I have decided to have it removed and go onto the contraceptive pill (CP).

I have been given a pill which you take for 21 days continuously and then have a 7 day break to have your period.

You must take the pill for 7 days before you are protected, today is the first day I took it, and my implant comes out on the day of pill 7. In theory, I should be protected, however; here's the problem:

Today I have also been given a week's worth of antibiotics (AB), which as we know, stop the pill from working until you have taken a weeks worth of CP after you finish taking the AB.

My periods are so close together I have no idea when I am ovulating.

You are supposed to take the first CP in a cycle the first day of your period so you have it in your system properly by the time you ovulate. I have about three periods a month at the moment and only 4-5 days off in between all together. :cry:

How do I know when I am ovulating when my periods are so long and close together? :help:

Will my first week on the CP count?
Will I be protected when the implant comes out/after my first week on the pill?
Will the antibiotics still have an effect on my CP if I have the implant to?
If I am not ovulating, does it matter?
How do you calculate when you are ovulating?

Thank you so much, I never meant for it to turn out into such an essay, any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
Aimee :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"