Ovulation tests picking up pregnancy

glong88

Mummy to 2 boys and a princess
Reaction score
I'm 4 weeks 3 days pregnant and I just wondered if it was true about an ovulation test picking up pregnancy...

Judging by this opk which is extremely positive I think the answers yes! Wow look how dark that is!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 22
I believe OPK's can pick up one of the hormones created by pregnancy. They (of course) say not to trust an OPK as a definitive BFP but I've used a few myself and they are blazing positive and were so when I was still getting fairly light lines on pregnancy tests. :)

It's just fun to see a blazing line. :dance:

I have heard they can. I tried it a few weeks back and got a similar line. :)

Worked for me too from around 11dpo 😃

I tried one when I was 5 weeks pregnant with my twins. I suppose my hormones were super high because of having two babies because the test was so positive that there were no ink for the test line, which was a very faint pink and the other line was a dark purple that almost looked black.

I tried one when I was 5 weeks pregnant with my twins. I suppose my hormones were super high because of having two babies because the test was so positive that there were no ink for the test line, which was a very faint pink and the other line was a dark purple that almost looked black.

Mone almost looks like that and I'm only 4 weeks 3 days. I'm sure by 5 weeks it will be like that..... My tests are dark to. Wonder if I've got twins

Yes they do pick up both the lutuel hormone and the hcg hormone whereas pregnancy tests only pick up hcg.

Im sure you having twins or your futher along than you may think which I dont think is possible.....

Yes they do pick up both the lutuel hormone and the hcg hormone whereas pregnancy tests only pick up hcg.

Im sure you having twins or your futher along than you may think which I dont think is possible.....

Can't be further along because of miscarriage xx

My pregnancy opks looked exactly the same with twins and just 1 baby I don't think it makes any difference.
Same with my actual pregnancy tests, they were no stronger with twins x

That's the thing with hcg, it can be super high with a singleton too (and is often associated with a very healthy singleton, and a girl)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->