Ovulation

Marnitoo

Reaction score
hi everyone
I'm very confused :wacko: we have been TTC now for 9 months with no luck. And I'm beginning to wonder if I am even ovulating every month. :shrug: my period never arrived last month but kept getting BFNs and now 2.5 weeks late I feel I may be ovulating for my next cycle?
I have tried tracking my bbt for 3 months but I never see a pattern..
I have considered buying opk sticks and may very well do soon as I'm beginning to lose hope.
Anyway, back to the question. I just wondered if anyone can help shed some light on what your ovulation feels like to you?
For the last 5 days I have been experiencing what feels like dull period pains, could this be my ovulation? Or am I going crazy! :blush:

A lot of women don't feel ovulation, I get twinges in both sides, from around CD6 they gradually get worse until I get a sharp pain.

Your best bet is to start tracking your cervical mucus, when you get wet or egg white mucus you are your most fertile so should BD those days, they generally say that on your last day of egg white mucus then that is the day you ovulate.

Did you temp everyday as soon as you wake? It must be after 3 hours sleep to get a proper reading.

Agree with pp - some women feel ovulation and some don't. The best (only) way to track whether you are ovulating or not is to track your temp and/or use opks. When you temp, make sure it is the FIRST thing you do when you wake up, make sure it's at the same time every day, and ideally, make sure you've had at least 3 hours of solid sleep before. I wake up for work at 6:30 so I have an alarm set for 5:30 to temp. Alarm goes off - I roll over to grab my thermometer - temp - fall back asleep until 6:30.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for getting back on this. I do take my temp everyday before doing anything, but sometimes the time varies slightly. How much should your temp rise at ov? I use celcius and not Fahrenheit.
Do you think my dull cramps are related?

Your dull cramps are likely related, yes. However, you can cramp on o day and non o day alike. You also can feel a dull ache after ovulation from your corpus luteum. I've been known to start feeling ovarian pressure/aches/cramping a few days before o and they'll last all the way to af - so it's not the best indicator of, well, anything. Other than that you're likely actually ovulating.

My temp spike can be pretty drastic, at least a half and sometimes a full degree in Fahrenheit. I don't know what that would look like in celcius - sorry! Everyone is different though, so the best is to just get to know your cycles and your temps.. then look for things that happen out of the ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->