Ow ow why does my coccyx hurt?!

roomaloo

TTC no. 2
Reaction score
Anyone else get bad pain in their coccyx when they sit? Do you know what's causing it and is there anything I can do. It feels like its going to snap!

Mine hurts like a b****!!! No idea why?

I get a pain there if I pick up anything heavy or if I sit for more than 15 mins.

Hope someone knows why!

It's pain in your SI joint. Where your spine meets your pelvis.When baby starts to get bigger (although it can start quite early on due to hormones) the weight and pressure on the pelvis starts to separate this joint, and it can grind together or seize up slightly out of position. Not nice but completely normal unfortunately.

Best thing to do is to keep active, try not to slouch and try to sit with your legs angled downwards so your hips aren't sitting at a 90degree angle. I've had it with all 3 of my pregnancies and there's not a lot that can be done. If it's really bad go and see your Dr and they can refer you for physio. I did this the 1st time but by the time I got an appointment I had had my little boy and the pain had gone :dohh:

I had this around 28/30 weeks but towards the end it has gone away - to be replaced by other pains!

Thanks ladies. It's just started out of the blue the last couple of days. Just surprised as I didn't have it last time, but who knows what each pregnancy will throw at you eh!

I have had many pains, could barely walk at one point, and all have been cured by my chiropractor! Amazing but true so just a thought

I second the chiropractor! I had sciatic pain for 18months before I got BFP and had tried physio, yoga, pain killers everything. Nothing worked but within 3 sessions with a chiropractor it was better. I've been going through pregnancy as my practitioner is trained to treat pregnant ladies. Best thing I ever did xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->