Own bed help :(

L

Laura--x

So i got home from staying at my mom and dads for 4 months 2 weeks ago. I was due to put maisie back into her own room from day 1 but she come down with a horrible cough and was up all night so i had her in my bed.

The past few nights ive attempted to put her in her own bed. All day i talk about it,put on a excited voice about being a big girl and going to sleep in her own bed ect ect, and as soon as i mention it she breaks down in tears and sobs her heart out.

Its killing me! I CANNOT stand to see her so devostated. If she was playing up and screaming then its different, but shes just so heartbroken and shes clinging on to me and begging to go in mommys bed and its just killing me.

My mum and dad are coming to stay with me over christmas and new year in 2 weeks time so i NEED her in her own bed for when they come ( theyre staying in my bed) so i really need some tips and advice :(

I feel so cruel its just awful. I tried the sitting at the corner of her bed thing once and after sobbing for a bit she went to sleep but thats not the biggest problem, its her waking up after an hour or so heartbroken and then not going back to sleep for ages, and then constantly waking up loads of times and trying to get into my bed. Help :(

What size bed has she got hun? Madi went through this, i think it was when she realised she was actually quite scared of the dark. I actually slept in her bed with her for a couple of days. We also went shopping and brought glow in the dark stars which she put up all over her room, and some Peppa Wallstickers....

I don't know what to suggest :nope: .... is she a sound sleeper? what would happen if you were to let her fall asleep in your bed and then move her to her own once she was asleep?

My Tattie was like this ... even when she started the night in her own bed she would crawl in with me at some point in the night. She did eventually grow out of it once she started school, but that's not a lot of help to you - sorry :( :hugs:

Shes in a toddler bed hun. I actually think she hates it as shes been so used to sleeping in my double bed, i knw she wakes up everytime she turns over because she hasnt got much room. I think i need to get a single bed!

Shes got a little peppa pig nightlight and im in the middle of decorating it peppa pig shes got all her teddys and stuff around her and i leave her door open with the landing light on. She just seems very insecure! xx

Shes a great sleeper in my bed lol! But never has been in her own bed to be honest.. I can put her to bed at 7 in my bed and she'll go to sleep and stay asleep fine, even when i just say goodnight and go downstairs, but in her own bed i have to sit there till she falls asleep and then shes just waking up constantly sobbing xx

Bless well what about going out together and buying a new Duvet cover? Let her pick, it might want to make her get in her own bed. Or alternativly buy a single... thats what we have :)

we did that before she chose a peppa pig one shes got loads of peppa pig teddys around her and everything i let her choose what she wanted in her bedroom and its just no good :( definately thinking im going to buy a single though but dont know if that really is the problem xx

Will her bed fit in your room?

yeah probably would actually. I just really need to try and get her in her own room as when my mom and dad come to stay theyre in my room and im sleeping downstairs :( x

I understand hun, but maybe put her bed in your room if it will fit and get her used to being in a seperate bed from you at first. Then when she is happy in her bed in your room try moving her back in her room? :flow:

:hugs:

We bought Jay a double bed about 8 months ago when he started waking in the night really upset. I usually go into his bed at some point most nights, between 1ish- 6am, he'll wake and cry or just call out for me. It's really worked for us because we all get a good nights sleep now and he stays in his own bed :thumbup: Maybe when you repace her cotbed you could buy Maisie a double or 3/4 and then try sleeping in with her while she gets used to her room again? :hugs:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"