Pain in lower right almost my thigh

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by EffyM, Apr 3, 2011.

1. EffyM

EffyM Well-Known Member

Ok I'm about 4 weeks and have had this random pain in my lower right abdomen that is almost in my hip joint
    Is everything ok?

2. EllieNation

EllieNation Mother of 2

I've been getting that too. It swaps sides occasionally!! I figure it's stretching/ligament pain. With a bit of trapped wind mixed in ...

3. Nat0619

Nat0619 Mummy :-)

Hi Effy! Many congratulations on your :bfp: :happydance: I remember chatting to you a bit I think in TTC just before I got my :bfp:

Just to give you some reassurance, when I was very early on (4-5 weeks or so) I was getting what you are getting now a lot - all my little aches seemed to be on the right side, very low down, pretty much in the crease of my leg really, which sounds similar to you. This worried me at first, as I was thinking things like ectopic etc. But these have eased off for me now. I also read something on the internet that, as your womb starts to grow, it usually tilts to the right first so more twinges on the right are common. Hope this reassures you a little :thumbup:

H&H 9 months :happydance:

4. kellyb

kellyb Well-Known Member

The week I found out I was pregnant (week 4), I experienced that leg crease soreness as well. It would switch sides a bit, but I believe it was mostly on the right side. I was literally chalking it up to too much yoga--it just felt so overstretched and sore. I just kept rubbing it and for some reason, trying to stretch it more. As much as we were trying to get pregnant, I didn't even associate it. Then after I got the BFP, I read someone else's posts and they had the exact same thing the week they found out. So, I think it's just a stretching deal!

5. carly6

carly6 Well-Known Member

Hiya, I had this exact thing very early on in my pregnancy... it was around lower hip/ top of leg. I asked my gp about it and he said not to worry!