Pain in ribs... Afraid LO is gonna do damage!

eew1471

Reaction score
I have extreme pain in my right upper side under my ribs. I believe it is LO feet and bottom, when he stretches it hurts really bad. Several years ago I was in a car wreck and broke a couple ribs in that same area... I was wondering since there was previous damage in that area if it would make it easier for my LO to re break them?.. Is any one else suffering?:cry:

My right ribcage has been feeling like he bruised them since around 30 weeks :( I mentioned it to my doctor just in case but she checked and said it was normal discomfort. I'd definitely mention it to them because of your accident, even though they should've healed back to normal, just in case!

Omg I remember last pregnancy I think my LO had her foot jammed in my ribs it hurt SO bad, I remember the only thing stopping the pain was pressing really hardly on my ribs, but then I started worrying I was hurting my LO by doing it :wacko:

I'm sure baby can't break your ribs.

Rib pain is common in later pregnancy but if it's severe give your midwife/hospital a quick call. Chest/rib pain can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia/hellp. It's almost certainly just baby having a good dig at your ribs but if it's not it's important to be assessed quickly. Don't want to scare you but as a pre-e and hellp survivor I'd feel awful if I could've helped and I didn't.

I'm sure baby can't break your ribs.

Rib pain is common in later pregnancy but if it's severe give your midwife/hospital a quick call. Chest/rib pain can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia/hellp. It's almost certainly just baby having a good dig at your ribs but if it's not it's important to be assessed quickly. Don't want to scare you but as a pre-e and hellp survivor I'd feel awful if I could've helped and I didn't.

Thank you for the reply! I have a Dr appointment soon and will let them know... so far I think the pain is just when I feel him stretching or pushing out, luckily it's not so bad today! My lil baby is probably a big baby now! Thank you again for your reply :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->