Pain Poll

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
Not to sound morbid or bring up anything sore, I have just been curious. Just wondering what YOUR opinion of the most painful thing in the world is. Or that you personally have experienced. Could be anything. From Physical to emotional to whatever. And since I havent given birth and know nothing about what that feels like I will start.

The most painful thing I have ever experienced was when I had a cyst rupture on one of my ovaries. I was rushed to the ER where a cathater was inserted (ouch) and the remains of the cyst were sergically removed leaving plenty of scar tissue:)

I had a cyst form at the end of my tailbone which made almost any movement really painful and had to have it surgically removed. I had to lie on my stomach for a week and then sit in a wheel chair on a donut pillow for another week before I could walk around. Thankfully I was on some really good medication. :haha:

(I would also like to note that although childbirth is painful, it's pain with an end goal, you are in pain for a reason--if that makes sense. While pain from a cyst or broken bone, etc. is just pain. So I think there's a big difference: positive (if you can call it that) pain v. negative pain)

i think stubbing ur toe is the worst pain ever lol labour comes close and ive had one off my fingers cut off in a door but i was 3 so dont remember that lol

I had a tension headache recently that lasted for ages and that was pretty painful, the leg cramps i had in pregnancy were awful and brought me to tears more than a few times.

Labour and birth were of course painful but as LadyofROhan quoted above, its a pain with an end and it was indeed a positive pain. Its so not as bad as everyone makes out.

It sounds really wimpy compared to what you girls had but last Christmas I had blocked sinuses right across both my cheek bones into my ears. I am not good with pain :haha:

Hmmm i think its a toss up between breaking my leg and getting my implant out. I think breaking my leg as the pain lasted longer. It hurt like hell but was bareable (sp?)

well breaking my ankle and my ligaments, and the subsequent operations were painful, and so was my 40hours of labour, but i think the most pain had to be recovering from my emergency c-section, i had a bad infection and it was agony :( might of been worth it but nevertheless, recovering from major surgery with a new born is quite painful! but... i'm still having a planned c-section for baby no 2!

I get uti's fairly frequently. And I get them fast and bad. As soon as I notice any sort of symptom, I am doubled over in pain about an hour or so later. It's been so bad I've cried and screamed in pain. My poor OH was nice enough to drive me to the clinic the last time. He was so so so worried. :)

Other than that, I've never broken anything or torn anything.

If I could remember when I was young, I'd have a better answer. I had terrible fire ant bites all over my legs. And I have 2nd and 1st degree burns all over my hands. Apparently they blistered really bad and I was in a lot of pain. I also had kidney reflux as a kid and they had to do a procedure that I don't remember, but apparently put me in some pain. I'm glad I don't remember.

Never really experienced anything that painful tbh.

Trying to sit up after lying down just after my section was quite painful but bearable.. Actually it was just awkward more than painful iygwim? Still hurt but not agonising.

Errr yeah I'm lucky I guess, never experienced bad pain :lol:

Reading nadupoi's reply made me remember actually.....

The pain from trapped wind/constipation during pregnancy is the worst pain I've felt. It had me doubled over, crying and stuck to the spot.

Can't believe I forgot that :lol: Was much much worse then any contractions I got lol

I have endometriosis so most months my AF comes with horrible cramps. They get so bad that I am unable to stand. I've even tried taking vicodin do help ease the pain, but that doesn't do anything. I've had broken bones, a six inch long cut down my arm, surgery on my knee...none of those even came close to the cramps.

It really scares me how bad labor pains must be if cramps can get that bad.

i have PCOS and two of my cysts have rupture... that was the worst pain ive ever experienced... couldn't move for 2 days!! AGONY!!

xxx

The worst pain I have ever been in was last year when I was doing dishes, I was washing the inside of a glass....well the pressure of my hand inside broke the glass. It cut the skin on my knuckle of my pointer finger of my right hand. Well unfortunately I also cut my tendon, had to go to emerge and get my tendon put back together and then my skin put back together. And for three months I was in a splint and doing rehab to get my finger working again. But the worst part was the pain after the freezing wore off. I was screaming! My husband had to run out and get me strong pain medication.

The worst pain I have ever been in was last year when I was doing dishes, I was washing the inside of a glass....well the pressure of my hand inside broke the glass. It cut the skin on my knuckle of my pointer finger of my right hand. Well unfortunately I also cut my tendon, had to go to emerge and get my tendon put back together and then my skin put back together. And for three months I was in a splint and doing rehab to get my finger working again. But the worst part was the pain after the freezing wore off. I was screaming! My husband had to run out and get me strong pain medication.

Ouchh!! thats sounds horrible!! :hugs: it would also be my perfect excuse to get a diswasher on OH installed! haha

xxx

tough question....but a great one!

i'd say either breaking my neck in a car accident or having my navel ring ripped out.
prob the piercing since it took 2 years to heal.

Reading nadupoi's reply made me remember actually.....

The pain from trapped wind/constipation during pregnancy is the worst pain I've felt. It had me doubled over, crying and stuck to the spot.

Can't believe I forgot that :lol: Was much much worse then any contractions I got lol

OMG yes I had that trapped wind thingy too and it was very uncomfortable.

Ouchh!! thats sounds horrible!! :hugs: it would also be my perfect excuse to get a diswasher on OH installed! haha

xxx

Oh I have one now, have not washed a glass in over a year, I am terrified now since that happened. And my surgeon said you wouldn't believe how common it is. He says he gets alot of people who have done the same thing. It is just when you cut the tendon, that's when it gets hard.

Obviously labour. I had a back to back pregnancy and the backache was unreal. Also, when I had kidney stones. They're probably on the same level of ow.

Obviously labour. I had a back to back pregnancy and the backache was unreal. Also, when I had kidney stones. They're probably on the same level of ow.

Ya, I've had a kidney stone as well. I thought I was dying, and so did the EMTs who had to come get me cause I couldn't move. It was very painful, but I think I could handle it for a baby

my most painful experience was when I had my first laparoscopy. I got sent hope in urine retention, ended up called the emergency dr out at 3am as i was in so much pain because my bladder was full to bursting (i had been given over almost 3 litres of fluid during the surgery & in recovery yet they sent me home even though I couldn't pee!) Then 2 days later I had internal bleeding and developed staphylococcus aureus in my wound, my week off work to recover ended up being 6 weeks off work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->