Pain Poll

Having 3 slipped discs a few years ago. I've had a slipped disc a couple of times since then which are bloody painful, but not as bad as 3!!

My most painful physical pain was when I was about 9, I was walking along th top of some railings, slipped, and the spike went up my 'you know where!', I had to pull myself off and an ambulance came, I had to wear a nappy!, and was in hospital for 5 weeks, I couldnt sit down for most of that time!

My most painful emotional pain was losing my baby boy almost 2 weeks ago, I never thought grief could be so powerful, having never lost anyone before.:cry:

For me it's my gastritis flare ups! Thay feel like you're about to die!! Labour was excruciating but I keep telling myself I did it in the hardest way possible (42 hours with no painkillers!!) so I didn't do mysalf any favours lol.....elective c-section next time!! lol

For me the most painful thing that comes to mind is toothache! I had excrutiating toothache last year and the dentist made me wait 2 weeks to have it filled! Then the injection comes a close second on the pain stakes.

(I have never experienced labour but I'm sure I'd rather give birth than have a filling!) :wacko:

Well my kidney infection I had was really very painful indeed but the 34 hours of labour is top of my pain chart. The most painful part of that was the internals. No-one seems to mention this but good god are they painful!

The worst pain I have ever been in was last year when I was doing dishes, I was washing the inside of a glass....well the pressure of my hand inside broke the glass. It cut the skin on my knuckle of my pointer finger of my right hand. Well unfortunately I also cut my tendon, had to go to emerge and get my tendon put back together and then my skin put back together. And for three months I was in a splint and doing rehab to get my finger working again. But the worst part was the pain after the freezing wore off. I was screaming! My husband had to run out and get me strong pain medication.

Ouchh!! thats sounds horrible!! :hugs: it would also be my perfect excuse to get a diswasher on OH installed! haha

xxx
Oh I have one now, have not washed a glass in over a year, I am terrified now since that happened. And my surgeon said you wouldn't believe how common it is. He says he gets alot of people who have done the same thing. It is just when you cut the tendon, that's when it gets hard.

I have a huge scar on my right hand beneath my thumb joint from the same thing. It was awful, you could see the bone, but I missed the tendon luckily. I remember showing it to the guys at work who thought I was making out it was worse than it was. They got a nasty surprise when they saw the shape and the stitches. So everyone beware, do not put a cold glass into hot water (that's what does it apparently).

The most painful thing I've had is an ear infection the Christmas before last. The side of my face, jaw and head hurt so bad I couldn't sleep even after co-codamol and ibruprofen. My ear was crackling and weeping, so ended up in hospital on Boxing day.

I'd say my period pains too! Now I remember why I went on the pill in the first place.

I wil probably post again in a few weeks with something else but so far the worst pain I can remember is back in April, mid cycle, I got the most horrendous cramps on my left side. I was literally screaming and writhing around and crying my eyes out and retching from the pain. My parents thought I had appendicitis and were so close to phoning an ambulance when it stopped. Never found out what it was, I'm guessing just weird OV pains :shrug: but it was horrible.

Luckily I have high pain threshold so it takes alot to shake me.

A few years back I had a ruptured ovarian cyst but didn't feel a thing. The doctor was completely amazed.

Earlier this year though out of nowhere I got excrutiating pain under my ribs. The doctor thought I had cholecystitis but all the tests came back clear. The pain was so bad that I couldn't move. If I rolled over on my back while I was sleeping I would stop breathing because the pain was so bad. I was housebound for a few weeks because I couldn't drive with the pain. If I barely moved (even just my arm) the pain under my ribs would set me screaming. Scarely enough I still don't know what caused the pain I still have it everyday but I just got used to it!!!

The worst pain I have ever been in was last year when I was doing dishes, I was washing the inside of a glass....well the pressure of my hand inside broke the glass. It cut the skin on my knuckle of my pointer finger of my right hand. Well unfortunately I also cut my tendon, had to go to emerge and get my tendon put back together and then my skin put back together. And for three months I was in a splint and doing rehab to get my finger working again. But the worst part was the pain after the freezing wore off. I was screaming! My husband had to run out and get me strong pain medication.

Ouchh!! thats sounds horrible!! :hugs: it would also be my perfect excuse to get a diswasher on OH installed! haha

xxx
Oh I have one now, have not washed a glass in over a year, I am terrified now since that happened. And my surgeon said you wouldn't believe how common it is. He says he gets alot of people who have done the same thing. It is just when you cut the tendon, that's when it gets hard.

I have a huge scar on my right hand beneath my thumb joint from the same thing. It was awful, you could see the bone, but I missed the tendon luckily. I remember showing it to the guys at work who thought I was making out it was worse than it was. They got a nasty surprise when they saw the shape and the stitches. So everyone beware, do not put a cold glass into hot water (that's what does it apparently).

The most painful thing I've had is an ear infection the Christmas before last. The side of my face, jaw and head hurt so bad I couldn't sleep even after co-codamol and ibruprofen. My ear was crackling and weeping, so ended up in hospital on Boxing day.

I'd say my period pains too! Now I remember why I went on the pill in the first place.

When I went to the emergency the nurse that checked my blood pressure and was checking out the cut kept telling me to stop crying and act like an adult. She told me it was just a little cut....little did she know that was not just a little cut. Stupid nurse, I wanted to rub it in her face.

Luckily I have high pain threshold so it takes alot to shake me.

A few years back I had a ruptured ovarian cyst but didn't feel a thing. The doctor was completely amazed.

Earlier this year though out of nowhere I got excrutiating pain under my ribs. The doctor thought I had cholecystitis but all the tests came back clear. The pain was so bad that I couldn't move. If I rolled over on my back while I was sleeping I would stop breathing because the pain was so bad. I was housebound for a few weeks because I couldn't drive with the pain. If I barely moved (even just my arm) the pain under my ribs would set me screaming. Scarely enough I still don't know what caused the pain I still have it everyday but I just got used to it!!!
Is it pleurisy?

The most pain I have ever felt emotionally was the pain I experienced when my 6 week old baby had her 8th operation. The first seven (amounting to a total of about 46 hours in her 6 short weeks of life under general anaesthetic) were OK, I coped with them, but I broke down at the eighth.

Physically the most pain I have been in was having a c-section. My epidural failed during the section, and I felt every cut and every tug.. It was terrifying and traumatising. And I have never ever been in such pain and I hope I never am again.

WOW ladies, I have been away for a few days but Yikes, we have been through so serious pain! Yes i agree "pain with a purpose" seems to be better than just plain pain..

I have to add my opinion of the worst 'non-physical' pain would have to be that of a broken heart. After falling in love once and having my heart broken completely, I never thought I would love again. It was terrible. There were days I seriously wanted to die.

Then I met my DH, he save my life and healed my broken heart and I am able to love again!

Definately labour pain. Everyone experiences the pain differently in labour and for me it was like knives stabbing my cervix. And after 25 hours and two epidurals later, I had to have an emergency c-section because I wasn't dialating, and various other problems. So all that pain in the cervix, and it wasn't even dialating properly. :dohh: Than the pain from recovering. C-section with an infection and breastfeeding pain all at once. :wacko: I'm amazed that I'm still breastfeeding after all of that. :haha: But obviously I have a gorgeous baby to show for it so it's totally worth it! LOL!

just remembered, the worst pain ive ever been in was wen i had a infection in my tooth. i was screaming and crying and begging for them to pull it out. i remember telling oh id rather go through my 3 day labour with my eldest twice than have the pain i was in and im really good with pain, i didnt utter a sound during labour and i can pretty much handle anything pain wise

My oh has been hit by an exploding boiler when he was on sea.

also once he had to cut something in his hadn without narcotics.

so I think thats pretty painful.

I havent had too much pain, neevr broken aynthing or so.

I had a furuncleon my back which was huge and quite apinful . lol nearly fainted when my mother squeezed it out(shes a nurse btw) because it was very ripe.

Physical pain, not sure which was the worst but I would say probably the kidney infection or the mumps:
Kidney infection,
Mumps,
Recovering from having 4 wisdom teeth removed,
Going to the hospital when my c-section incision split open, I had an abscess that they had to shove a long QTip sort of thing into and "pop all the little pockets"-- that was SUPER painful..
Having my finger stitched right on my joint lol.

TBH labour wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. C-section was uncomfortable, I didn't think I would feel anything, but you do in a way.

Emotional pain...
The things my dad said to me when I was pregnant were really bad/hurtful,
Leaving my baby girl when she was 1 week old- was readmitted to the hospital without her,
and I did go through hell with an ex-boyfriend.

Worst pain I have ever had was when I had an ear infection.. I actually overdosed on my penicillin by accident and ended up at the emergency doctors.. :rofl:

Tooth ache has to come close.. since that is agony..

I get really bad migraines, actually I have chronic migraine and have some migraine pain 24/7. But about 5-6 times a year it gets so bad I pass out with the pain. Had one last Tuesday and it's like each time it happens I've forgotton just how bad it can be!

My worst pain was when i had to get my big toenails removed cause they were ingrown, the needles he put in my toes hurt so bad, the scrubbing of my toe nail bed hurt and so did the acid he put on to burn away the roots bloody killed me for about a week!

I had pluracy last xmas and the pain in my lung area, i couldn't breathe and had to go to a&e, that pain hurt!

Broke my toe the other month (plate fell off bench & landed sideways on my toe!) but it was a bearable pain.

My AF cramps & IBS hurt bad now and again, still not as bad as my poor ingrown tootsies tho! :)

Oh and also migraines!

I'm not a wuss with pain but labour is one thing i will be scared of until i experience it!

poppy fields - I feel your pain with the migraines. I get them too and they can be so bad and for days on end. They all but stopped when I was pregnant (my only positive symptom!) but I did have two or three and when I had them, boy did I have them! The last one was whilst DH was away for the night about three days before going into labour so I was home alone, massive and vomiting and in such agony. God it was awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->