Painful Boobs before feeding

my1stbump

Reaction score
Has anyone found that before they feed their LO they get like a stabbing pain in their boobs? I have been getting this for a few days and today it hurt that much it sorta took my breathe away, the only way to describe the pain is by saying that it feels like razor blades are been dragged through my viens... I think this happens when I am "filling up".

Is this normal??

xx

I think I get what you are describing, but not near as painful sounding. I am not sure how to describe the sensation, but I tend to get it in the area that is on top, and towards the clevage area of each breast. It is quite a quick, lighting like pain, and I just assumed it was my breast filling up.

I think I get what you are describing, but not near as painful sounding. I am not sure how to describe the sensation, but I tend to get it in the area that is on top, and towards the clevage area of each breast. It is quite a quick, lighting like pain, and I just assumed it was my breast filling up.

Thanks

It tends to start at the top for me also then goes to the nipple area.

I thought that it might be the sensation of them filling up but didnt think that it would be that painful ouch x

I haven't had that yet but I wonder sometimes if mine actually fill up enough between feeds...

Do you notice them getting bigger because mine always seem the same size as well?

I get it in my nipples, but it's mainly coz I have thrush :(

I used to get this when I was BFing, and I always thought it was my letdown, cause some people can get painful letdown. Plus after it happened my breasts would start leaking really bad.

Not sure if you get leaking following the pain?

are you feeling sick or achy or anything? When I started getting the shooting pains in my breasts, I ended up getting mastitis. It was horrible...literally, the most sick I've ever been. Just make sure you feed as much as possible, because you may have a blocked duct and you'll want to unclog it so you don't develop an infection. I hope it feels better!

i get this too! nasty isn't it? Not found anything to help it yet though?!

Try hand expressing, you only need to take off a bit - it can really help - its sounds like you are getting a bit engorged. Just taking that bit of pressure off can help a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->