paint fumes

plumsugar

Reaction score
do paint fumes harm the baby im wanting to paint nursery hallway kitchen (serious nesting going on here) but im so worried about the smell:wacko:

I am also painting with gloss, and popped over to Wilkinsons today, and bought a pack of face masks to wear.
My Mum was laughing at me, and said that i was obviously nesting, OH rolled his eyes, and my Mum said "let her get on with it, you can't stop a pregnant woman from nesting"

Don't forget to open the windows x

I dont think its good to breathe in tbh. i would open the windows. Have you thought about using a water based paint for your woodwork. It takes a fraction of the time to dry and doesnt smell.

not allowed to breath in fumes from gloss if your going to paint all windows open while you do it. i half painted my stairs and then realised. apparently theres no proof that gloss doesnt harm your baby there for pregnant woman are advised not to paint with gloss. and new born arent to be around it niether x

Im wanting to paint my kitchen, may get myself some of those facemasks to do it and open all the windows, back door etc x

I think it would be fine, though I would probably get low VOC paint and make sure to keep the area really well ventilated with fans and windows open.

if you are concerned with inhaling the fumes, I would suggest opening the windows (as the other ladies mentioned) but also to wear a mask. These can be bought at any DIY store.

We're going to paint our sitting room, you just need to open the windows and ventilate it well. We completely renovated a house when I was pregnant with my first and he is now a happy and healthy 12 year old!

I googled this off the NHS website, as I have all the skirting boards to do!

NHS guidelines on painting while pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"