Painting

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
Yesterday I started painting the living room. We've had the paint since October and oh just kept saying he'll do it. Well he hasn't, and I've got fed up of waiting! We're having new carpets put in before baby comes, all ordered and paid for, but wanted to paint first. Got living room, bedroom, nursery and the stairs. So quite a bit to do!! I've been taking it easy and not doing too much at once, with regular breaks, windows open etc. my main question though, is gloss. After painting the walls, the woodwork looks awful. Anyone know if its safe to use gloss paint when pregnant, or am I really going to have to wait for oh? (In which case it will never get done!!) x

I have done some painting too and I think its fine as long as the rooms are well ventilated etc although I didn't do any glossing so im not much help on that front but maybe just read a tin or something im sure it would say, they seem to be making the paints less and less toxic theses days as we did our bathroom just the other week and it was a special paint with extra mould protection in etc and it hardly smelt at all! :thumbup:

As PP just keep everything well ventilated. Could you gloss outside if the pieces aren't too big? Or take regular breaks whilst doing it indoors?

Or lodge your foot up DH's arse & tell him to get it done! :haha:

Gloss would have way more fumes. I'd wear a mask and have all the windows open but have to agree with the PP about lodging your foot up his behind and having him do it (you can get out of the house for a few hours then and avoid the worst of he fumes),

Unfortunately I can't take the skirting boards and door frames outside to do them! Lol. Only problem with oh doing it, is by the time he gets home it's dark, and his next day off he's having two teeth out, so won't feel like it then. Painting in the evening isn't that easy as then I've got nowhere to go :( I shall check the tin before I do it. Fingers crossed it will be alright. x

Is gloss oil paint? I'd make OH do it, that stuff stinks!

Arh yes skirting boards & door frames aren't exactly mobile items!

Invest in a good mask that will block fumes, get a good draft going through the house & very regular breaks. I'd say go for it if you want to get it done.

Could someone come round & help?

Ive been glossing. I hadn't even thought about it :-/

Well my living room looks lovely :) leaving the glossing for another day. But my god do I ache :( I'm so stiff and sore it's unreal. Bh have been coming on pretty bad this evening and I'm in a bit of pain, so think I might of overdone it :( I've never decorated before so didn't quite realise how much it took out of you!! x

Get a hot choc (or hot drink of choice) and get horizontal & relax.

Glad it's looking nice though, I've done huge house tidy today, it's really nice when things are looking nice :)

Sorry was just nosying in here...

I painted our whole last time when 8 months preg...just be sensible, lots of breaks, keep hydrated and open windows/back door.

I did one room at time...so cud paint a bit and then take a break some where away from the smell.
If not they do low odour paint

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->