PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After A Loss' started by heart tree, Dec 10, 2011.

1. red_head

red_head Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your rainbows :)
    When did you feel you could relax? We’ve just had our 12 weeks scan, and so far everything has been perfect but I am still terrified it’s going to end - the scan was only yesterday but I already feel like it could be over. We don’t see our consultant for another 2 weeks as I think they feel that there’s no point until the first tri is over, and hopefully he will then book in more scans - we’ve had them every two weeks til now but now there’s nothing til our 20 week one in September! I feel so anxious! Xx

blueblue likes this.
  2. julesmw

julesmw Well-Known Member

Blue - I'm doing well. She is six weeks today and getting chubby! I love little thigh rolls. Wish they looked that cute on me :laugh2: Last week I started feeling somewhat like my normal self and started doing a lot more.

Red - I don't think the worry ever went away for me. It would come and go and I would have to reason with myself or get busy doing something. I had a doppler and until I could feel the baby regularly, I used it to reassure myself. Some people can't do that as it causes them more anxiety, but if I ever had a time I couldn't find the heartbeat, I would go do something else and try again later knowing she was probably just in a hard-to-find position. I see you are 14 weeks tomorrow - that's wonderful! Second tri is the easiest and fastest for me. I hope it's a good one for you, too.

blueblue likes this.
  3. blueblue

blueblue Finally a Rainbow

Red, my anxiety came and went too. It helped getting past 12 weeks, then past 20 weeks. I had reduced movements (a week before I had him I spent the night in triage and was prepped for c-section in case he had another issue on the ctg, and the anti-d issue was stressful too. It's hard to relax after recurrent loss, hoping the time passes quickly for you.

Jules, that's great! I bet she is adorable! I still don't feel like myself, it's only been 3 weeks though, struggling with sleep and feeding. It's bittersweet as this is definitely my last baby, two is enough for us and I don't want to risk the anti-d issue again.

julesmw and red_head like this.
  4. blueblue

Red, how are you feeling now?

5. red_head

red_head Well-Known Member

Hey :) I’m doing ok mostly. I’m finding the second trimester harder in some ways as I found my second tri loss so difficult, but on the other hand everything seems to be going well and the doctors have said we can be confident. I had a freak out Thursday and went for a private scan and baby was fine and we found out we’re having a boy :) it was very obvious lol! I was on cloud 9 for a couple days but now I’m back to worrying! I think once I get to 20 weeks and that scan goes ok I will relax a bit. I just hope I get that far!
    Hope everyone else is doing well? Blue are you feeling better?

blueblue and ttc126 like this.
  6. blueblue

Red, glad you are ok, I hope 20 weeks comes around quickly for you. Glad everything was good on your scan. I always felt the same after scans, started worrying again the next day.

Getting there, he's a month already and has grown so much. I can't believe he's here.

julesmw and red_head like this.