PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Better now, I had a scare last week at my growth scan as I'm borderline polyhydramnios and the baby had moved transverse on top of all the fluid. They said he has more space to move due to the fluid. The doctor was worried that if my waters had broken, I could have had a cord prolapse. Luckily baby has moved head down again, he's not engaged, so I'm feeling better.

The antibodies have come back very low so hopefully it won't affect the pregnancy. It's at an injection level, but I hadn't had an injection since my last baby three years ago.

37 weeks now, he's growing well and about 6lbs.

Congratulations jules! Look forward to a pic!

What a cutie, Marple :)

Congratulations on 37 weeks & term, blue, I hope all keeps going smoothly for you especially with those borderline issues, but baby has reached a good gestation & weight if early delivery becomes necessary. So close! I take it they won't let you go overdue?

Thanks Squig, they won't let me go to 40 weeks, I have a repeat elective c-section booked at 39 weeks as had an emergency one last time.

Thanks, Squig!

OnErth&InHvn - great news on your scan!

Hope everyone is OK.

Jules, how is life with your new little one?

Blue - does that mean you will have your section next week?

It's good here. She is adorable and tiny and sleeps a lot and eats pretty well. This stage is so so short. We are trying to soak it up as much as possible!

I'm having the section next week, can't believe it's so close, I've been nesting which feels surreal.

Glad you are enjoying the early days, the tiny phase doesn't last long, does it?

Can't wait to hear your news, blue! Hope the time goes quickly & that you are getting some rest these last days!

Looking forward to your update, Blue! So exciting - you are almost done!

How is everyone else? I would love to hear some updates!

Sorry for the late reply, ladies, the last week has been crazy. My section got cancelled (after a day in hospital waiting) and provisionally moved to Wednesday, luckily they were able to fit us in and baby boy was born on Wednesday morning.

He's doing well, we had a bit of issue with jitteryness and had to go back to hospital, they think it was due to low blood sugar and he's doing fine now with some formula topups. He also didn't settle day or night for more than 15 mins at a time so I was out of action with the complete sleep deprivation, he's getting on better now. My older daughter loves him, it's so cute to watch. I will upload a photo when I work out how!

Hope everyone is OK x

Congratulations on baby boy's safe arrival, blue! That sleep deprivation sounds really really tough, I mean newborns aren't known for sleeping well but no one expects it to be just that rough. Glad your son is doing better now x

I didn't expect the sleep deprivation to be that bad, luckily he slept through the next night (I know, I didn't think that was possible either!) and settled down to waking every two to four hours after that. He tends to feed for ages, an hour plus then have 3/4 hour gaps. He is beautiful and I'm trying to enjoy him as much as possible!

How is everyone getting on?

Aww - he sounds snuggly. I'm so glad he is here! I hope you are able to soak up these moments. They go so fast. Chloe is one month today. Where does the time go??

Me too! I had reduced movements a few times, including in the last few days and had to get them checked out, it's much safer that he's here. He's very snuggly, like a little bear. I'm enjoying him as much as I can. He's my last baby, I was sensitised to his blood in pregnancy and there's a risk of rhesus disease in future pregnancies

One month already! How are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->