PAL - August 2012 Rainbow babies!

Thanks so much girls :) I'm totally in love with heras I'm sure u all understand! Through the haze of days into nights I just can't believe she's here...my little rainbow baby angel is just such a good girl...so far! Lol would love to see more pic of ur growing LO's too & I promise to post more as I can get more PC time as right now its one handed blackberry typing! Lol

Thank you soo much ladies :hugs:

How's everyone doing with their LO's? Did you guys all go through that growth spurt betwene day 7-10 they talk about? What was it like? So far she's a little angel, sleeps well, latches and eats well, poops and just simply content...I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop! LOL any insight is appriciated and new pics please :) xoxo

Here are a few more :cloud9:

Vaudreuil-Dorion-20120912-00316.jpg

Vaudreuil-Dorion-20120912-00302.jpg

Vaudreuil-Dorion-20120910-00251.jpg

jd yeah i'll be finding out if i can i get my scan on 4th oct i'll be sure to pop in an let you know xx

looking forward to lisettes update xx

Thinking of you often, come on Oct.4th!!! How are you feeling :hugs:

I missed the 10-14 day spurt as Samuel had tongue tie which was cut on day 11. He had his spurt at 3weeks and is going again now but he's still only a teeny 7lb 6oz now at 5weeks, bless him.

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/puppycat72/IMAG1858.jpg

I didn't notice a growth spurt with Cole, but that was also because he was still in the NICU until 3 weeks.

I will say this.. around week 4 his precious little sleeping baby act was over .. :rofl:
I joke with DH about how he was showing off for the beautiful nurses and now he says "oh its just momma"

He is going through a growth spurt right now though.. I know this because he slept ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT and ate just a little more than usual at ALL his feedings.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_5.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_5.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0195.jpg
    IMAG0195.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_13448886806803075.jpg
    FB_IMG_13448886806803075.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
I didn't notice a growth spurt with Cole, but that was also because he was still in the NICU until 3 weeks.

I will say this.. around week 4 his precious little sleeping baby act was over .. :rofl:
I joke with DH about how he was showing off for the beautiful nurses and now he says "oh its just momma"

He is going through a growth spurt right now though.. I know this because he slept ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT and ate just a little more than usual at ALL his feedings.

AWE! u got a smiling pic! I keep trying but he doesn't do it long enough for me to grab my camera or phone, little stinker, lol.

Love the pics of everyone's babies:) Everyone sounds like they are doing well;)

Colton is getting BIG fast! He is already almost 11 lbs, which is huge compared to his brother. He weighed 9lb 8oz at his 1 month appt, which is bigger than his brother at 1 month, and Colton started off weighing less since he was born at 36 weeks. He is an EATER, lol. He is starting to sleep better. Nights are usually a feeding around 2am, and then again at 5am. So not too bad anymore. My hubby is helping by giving a bottle at 2am, and then I do the 5am and all the daytime feeds by breastfeeding. Its just nice to get that little break to sleep more. Think he's going through his 6-7 week growth spurt now. He's been extra hungry, extra cranky, and pretty sleepy.

Here's some recent pics. Had to throw one in of my older son too, just cause he's so cute too, lol. I got him the train table the other day with my birthday money. (yeah, how does that work that he gets presents with my birthday money, lol)

Attachments

• P9140306.jpg
    P9140306.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2
  • P9120289.jpg
    P9120289.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P9060257.jpg
    P9060257.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P9120295.jpg
    P9120295.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 5
OMG all of our babies are just so freaking adorable. It just makes me smile every time I peek at this journal!!!

Love all the baby pics!! Keep them coming!

Gavin is doing well. He still wakes a LOT at night. Usually midnight, between 2-3, and then at 5, 6, 7 a.m. My husband cant seem to keep him awake long enough to get a good feeding into him. I do my best to get in at least 3 oz but he does fall asleep right away so it is hard. We started a nighttime routine of bath, pj's, bottle, bed, which he seems to really actually enjoy. It keeps him calm enough to go right to sleep.
Yesterday we left him with his grandma for the first time while we went for dinner...it was actually really hard to leave him! I was surprised it was hard as it was! Anyone done that yet?

Love all the baby pics!! Keep them coming!

Gavin is doing well. He still wakes a LOT at night. Usually midnight, between 2-3, and then at 5, 6, 7 a.m. My husband cant seem to keep him awake long enough to get a good feeding into him. I do my best to get in at least 3 oz but he does fall asleep right away so it is hard. We started a nighttime routine of bath, pj's, bottle, bed, which he seems to really actually enjoy. It keeps him calm enough to go right to sleep.
Yesterday we left him with his grandma for the first time while we went for dinner...it was actually really hard to leave him! I was surprised it was hard as it was! Anyone done that yet?

Do you keep him swaddled when you feed? If so try unswaddling him to help keep him awake.

Also I notice with Cole if I keep him too close to my body he is so comfortable and secure that he goes right to sleep. If he does that I hold him a little bit away from me and slightly blow on his face to wake him up :blush: it may not be the right way to do it..but it works... :)

Yes we do usually keep him swaddled when we feed him; good suggestion to unswaddle...come to think of it, they did that in the childrens hospital when they were trying to get him to eat. I'll also try holding him out a little more. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Yes we do usually keep him swaddled when we feed him; good suggestion to unswaddle...come to think of it, they did that in the childrens hospital when they were trying to get him to eat. I'll also try holding him out a little more. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Also take his clothes off. I always unswaddle and strip Colton to keep him awake to feed. It does the trick for us:)

Oh ladies - I haven't been on here for soooo long. Lisette - congrats to you! Your pink bundle is adorable! I hope you are recovering well from surgery?

As for the other pics - they are too cute. I need to upload some photos and then I will get them on here too.

We're doing well - Josh is a very gassy baby and so we have been struggling with that. We tried infacol and it completely messed up his bowel movements. He went from being a gassy baby with regular movements to not going for three days and he was in severe discomfort too. Some people swear by infacol but for us it made the problem worse. I did some research and found other people had the same problem. We took him off it and within a week his bowel movements returned to how they were before! We're now using gripe water for his gas and it is helping somewhat but I think he will be gassy until he grows out of it.

He's now about 9lbs (at 9 weeks) so he is still a little thing! Nights are hit and miss - we give a bottle of EBM at 7.30/8pm and he can sometimes then sleep until 4.30am. I then feed him and he will then sleep until 7.30ish. However, other nights (like last night) he will wake at 12, 3.30, and then 6.30! Last night he woke to have bowel movements rather than because he was hungry!

As for getting enough milk down at night - yes, strip him off! It seems cruel when he is so comfy but it worked for us when Josh has jaundice and we HAD to get milk down him. The midwife said to just agitate him too - tickle his feet, blow in his face, turn the light on, take the bottle away when he is feeding, wind him - these all seem to help.

As for leaving LO - I have been swimming for the last three weeks. I leave him with my OH's mother (as OH is at work at that time) and it has been fine. Having said that, it is only for an hour maximum! I'm off out tonight for a meal with work colleagues and leaving OH to do the bedtime routine (seeing as I can as it is the only meal of the day off the boob!). I think I will find that one more difficult.....!

Keep us posted as to how you are all getting on ladies - it is great to hear! I'll post some pics when I get a minute or two later....!

Samuel is 6weeks but still only 7lb 11 at last weigh. Our nights are hit and miss too but he has reflux so we have the same medication issues, too much and he's constipated, too little and he's sick and uncomfortable, bless him.

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well with their babies!

We are doing well, Colton is growing sooo fast! He is just about to be in 3/6 month clothing! It just amazes me the difference in babies. I can't believe he started off smaller than his brother and is growing so much faster than him. He is still getting up twice at night. I go back to work in 3 weeks, so I am reeeaaally hoping he will drop one of those before then. It will be hard working all day if we can't get rid of one of those night feeds....sigh. He still doesn't do much all day other than eat, poop, stare around for a little while, and then nap. I can't remember how old my older son was when he started to actually play with his activity gym.

Do any of you with other kids remember how old yours were when they actually starting showing interest in their toys/activity gyms? I'm thinking maybe 3 months, but can't remember.

Attachments

• P9170325.jpg
    P9170325.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P9260336.jpg
    P9260336.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1
  • P9270368.jpg
    P9270368.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1
Hey Ladies

JD - I dont know about what age they start playing with toys as Cole is my first. But as far as going back to work. I hope it will be easier than you think. I know Cole sleeps through the night for the most part.. but at first when I went back to work he was up sometimes 3 times in a night, but somehow I made it through each day. It took me awhile to decide that not ALL things had to be done completely ALL the time :haha: So I got to where i would leave the bottles to be cleaned in the morning..and told DH that I cant do everything that he will now have to make his own lunches.. (he does fast food now) :(

It is amazing how fast they grown. Cole was 4.9 when he was born..he is almost 3 months old and weighs probably past 10 pounds now. Geeze

Hello again!

I still think about all of you & everything you/we went through. I always ALWAYS hope for the best for each & every one of you & your families.

Our "little" James is now just over 8 weeks old & is 24 inches & 13 lbs today. My big boy.

Thank you all so much.

Its so nice to hear updates from everyone.

JD- my son is still up almost every 2 hours...and I have to go back to work in 2 weeks. NOT excited about that! I really hope he figures this night thing out SOON!

We have 2 month shots on Monday, so I'm worried that will not help the sleeping situation. When I weighed him this week he was 11.4 lbs so I'm interested to see what his "official" weight and height are at his appt on Monday!

Kozmik, oh my goodness, that is so rough! I feel so bad that you have such a non-sleeping baby! Is it helping to unswaddle/strip him to feed at night to get him to eat more? Also, is he fully awake and throwing a fit when you get up to feed him, or just kind of fussing? Sometimes mine will fuss for a few minutes and then falls back asleep. I make sure he is all the way awake before I bother getting up, lol. I get him to feed him before he starts throwing a fit, but I like to make sure he isn't going to fall back asleep. Too much work otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->