PAL - August 2012 Rainbow babies!

Minnies 14days old already and she too doesnt think night is for sleeping tho shes not crying just purely awake. loving every second :) i'm trying to upload a picture for you but it says its too large. :(

How is everyone doing? Anyone getting any sleep? It's getting a little better for me; Colton is now going about 3 1/2 hours at a time at night, so at least I now get a few hours of sleep at a time. Reeeaaally looking forward to longer stretches though, and I can't wait til that happens. He is growing so fast already!

Not much longer for those of you still waiting for your babies:) Can't wait to hear the news!

Attachments

• P8210232.jpg
    P8210232.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi everyone.
I am not getting any sleep. I think Gavin is up every hour to eat. Is this normal? Anyone have any input as to whether many babies go through this? I dont know what to think! Its getting really hard to cope with sleep loss.

Hi everyone.
I am not getting any sleep. I think Gavin is up every hour to eat. Is this normal? Anyone have any input as to whether many babies go through this? I dont know what to think! Its getting really hard to cope with sleep loss.

Are you sure its that he's hungry and not something else waking him? Do you swaddle him tightly? I use the swaddleme with the Velcro tabs so he cant undo himself. Or could he be too hot or too cold? Feel him when he wakes to see if that could be it. Also, try to cluster feed the last few hours before you want to go to bed. I feed every 1-2 hrs for a few hours before bedtime to try and get him to go longer at night. I'm still not getting long stretches yet either, but its getting better. It will just take a few more weeks I think.

Are you sure its that he's hungry and not something else waking him? Do you swaddle him tightly? I use the swaddleme with the Velcro tabs so he cant undo himself. Or could he be too hot or too cold? Feel him when he wakes to see if that could be it. Also, try to cluster feed the last few hours before you want to go to bed. I feed every 1-2 hrs for a few hours before bedtime to try and get him to go longer at night. I'm still not getting long stretches yet either, but its getting better. It will just take a few more weeks I think.

I am not sure if he is hungry but he does eat every time he wakes. We had a much better night last night. He went on average 2.5 hours between feedings which is great for him. How much is your baby eating? Gavin is at 2-3 oz now. I am trying to encourage him to eat the full 3 oz bottle at each feed in the hopes that he will go longer before needing to eat again. That seemed to help last night. Also, DH bought a sound machine that plays womb-like sounds, and we do swaddle him also. Hoping that combination does the trick! I have to think of things as "one day at a time" because thinking about it in "weeks" just seems so long... :shrug:

I am not sure if he is hungry but he does eat every time he wakes. We had a much better night last night. He went on average 2.5 hours between feedings which is great for him. How much is your baby eating? Gavin is at 2-3 oz now. I am trying to encourage him to eat the full 3 oz bottle at each feed in the hopes that he will go longer before needing to eat again. That seemed to help last night. Also, DH bought a sound machine that plays womb-like sounds, and we do swaddle him also. Hoping that combination does the trick! I have to think of things as "one day at a time" because thinking about it in "weeks" just seems so long... :shrug:

Well, it sounds like you are doing about everything you could be doing, so hopefully he will catch onto sleeping longer:) I am not sure how much Colton gets at a time, since I am breastfeeding, but he feeds for about 15 minutes on each side. keep trying to make sure he eats the full amount, that should hopefully keep him sleeping longer! The only other thing I can think of is making sure he gets the right amount of awake/sleep time during the day so he doesn't have day/night confusion. I feed Colton, which takes 30 min, then change him, and put him down for awake time for about 30-45 minutes. Then he naps til the next feeding. If I hold him right away after feeding him, he just wants to go right back to sleep. I put him on his activity mat. Sometimes he looks around and is fine, sometimes he cries part of the time while he's on the mat, but I know if I pick him up he will just go to sleep, lol. So I try to just sit beside him and talk to him. Then at night I feed him with only a night light on, don't make any noise or talk to him at all, and put him right back to sleep after feeding him and changing him.

You might already be doing this too, but its the only other suggestions I could think of...hope it helps:)

Thats a really good suggestion about trying to keep him up more during the day. He def had his days/nights mixed up after spending 12 nights in the hospital, but I really didnt have any ideas as to how to go about trying to keep him awake. I will try the activity mat but he does usually just cry when I put him on it. He falls asleep right away if I hold him though! Just like your lil guy!

Trying to get caught up and work at the same time LOL

HOpe all is going well with everyone.

Here are a few pics of my son.

Blue Hat - Day of birth

Black/White - 1 month old

Warm Tones - 1 1/2 month

Attachments

• Hospital Picture.jpg
    Hospital Picture.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Cole1.jpg
    Cole1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Cole.jpg
    Cole.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
Hey girls :wave:

Just wanted to pop in & say I'm still here...pg & huge...very ready to meet my LO one...fingers crossed it'll be soon now :)

Great new pics :cloud9: and taking notes on the stages & tips u guys r sharing! Keep em coming!

Who's still pg with me? Sara?

Awww hopefully soon Lisette. I'm so glad i'm not pregnant anymore!

Little man has had a rough start with tongue tie cut at 11days and been diagnosed with reflux but he's finally starting to put weight on. We're not back to birth weight yet but i'm not worried, bless him.

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/puppycat72/IMAG1756.jpg

Hey Lisette! Hope you have that baby soon! Cute pics everyone! Love seeing other baby pics!

Heres my lil man. (hope it works!)

Attachments

• 20120816_153646.jpg
    20120816_153646.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
What cuties!

Lisette, almost the end of the month, hopefully she wont keep you waiting much longer!

Hey girls :wave:

Just wanted to pop in & say I'm still here...pg & huge...very ready to meet my LO one...fingers crossed it'll be soon now :)

Great new pics :cloud9: and taking notes on the stages & tips u guys r sharing! Keep em coming!

Who's still pg with me? Sara?

Hi Lisette,

Yes am still pregnant with you!! Am feeling massive now and just want him to come but he seems pretty happy in there and not budging. Have an induction booked for next week so he'll be here soon but want him to come on his own ideally. As my DD came 10 days early I'm not used to waiting around for labour to start!?!?!

How are you doing? Any labour niggles or symptoms? Is very exciting, everyone else having their babies :baby::thumbup::baby: - me and you next xx

You two are in the home stretch!! I cant wait to see your lil ones.

WHOOO HOOO

Hey Sara, still with me? Its a full moon here tonight & I lost my mucus plug about 6hours ago so I'm praying tonight...am booked for an induction tuesday night or else :( here's hoping we still get our rainbow august babies :) xxx

Keep the beautiful baby pics coming girls :cloud9:

Se will still love them even if they r September babies ;0). Goodluck ladies!!!

By the way.. does anyone know whatever happened to Nurse Kelly? She started this thread and i never heard from her after the beginning.

Yes still here!! Have had 2 sweeps now, plenty of cramps and lost my plug last week but baby boy still not shifting - he's just way too comfy, bless him. I am 3 - 4 cm dilated already though so hoping that when it does start it'll be quick.
Have induction booked for 6th September if he fails to come on his own so he should def be here within the next week, am bit more relaxed about it now and just think he'll come when he comes. Hope you had some action last night Lisette!!
x

By the way.. does anyone know whatever happened to Nurse Kelly? She started this thread and i never heard from her after the beginning.

I have no idea but have been wondering about her too! I hope all is well with her.

Sorry.. I just had to post it.. Its just too cute..

He's like...

"Whatchu mean my milk's not ready?!?!?!"

Attachments

• IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members