PAL - February 2013 rainbow babies

Welcome hope I am taking cyclogest 400 mg and asprin 75 mg. Also due 8 th feb what's the odds?

Hey debzie how cools that :). Is this the first time you have tried cyclogest and aspirin? Are you having any side effects from it?

Ohh can I join? I never realised there was a PAL section, I'm due february 2nd, my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14 weeks and I'm absoloutly terrified this time around, scared of getting attached in case my heart is broken again

Hope yeah its the first time i have been on meds. Only just got referred the the recurrent miscarriage clinic after my last loss. Got my bfp the day before my first appointment so did not even start testing. He put me on meds straight away. No real side effects other than bruising easier from the aspirin. Normal progesterone symptoms that would be there anyway. Spots greasy skin etc. How about you?

Welcome shocker. Im glad you found us as pregnancy after loss is different. In the first tri section they are all excited we have been robbed of that. Replaced by more worry and anxiety. We are here to talk through those and offer each other support. Hopefully this will be your take home baby.

Morning everyone. There are lots of us now! I hope everyone is coping with the anxiety.....can't wait for a scan with a hb, but terrified as well.

Morning!

I'm trying to stay positive and ignore the fear. I decided against an early scan unless the dr/MW sends me as I saw a HB last time and still MC so it wont give me any reassurance at all. x x x

Morning ladies. I am having an early scam two weeks today and it cannot come soon enough. I too had scans with the first and second loss where hb were seen then they later slowed and stopped. First one was a twin pregnancy one stopped developing then the other. The second i was measuring behind a week. Stopped growing the day or so after that scan. I will find reasurrance if I'm measuring on dates and at 6+3 if a hb is seen.that will be amazing. Hope I.can get another before 12 weeks though aswell. My anxiety is not too bad at the moment. I am feeling ok at the moment.

Wiggler and debzie, that must have been really tough to see the hb then still lose. I will feel bit better to see a hb at 7 weeks because it reduces mc risk if hb seen then to ? 20%. feeling Sickish today which is great- if a bit ridiculous!!

I have a scan booked for 21st June- I will be 7+4. I asked the midwife about meds- she said only high dose folic acid, and no proof aspirin would make any difference.

I have been thinking of high dose folic acid but at the time the consultant would not prescribe it for me? I also asked for a scan at 7 weeks but he insisted on the one at 6+3 when he is around. I know for a fact when I rock at epau at 6+3 they will ask why I was referred as they will not scan before 7 weeks at our local one.

Debzie. I havent really had no side effect from the cyclogest yet iheard it causes bad constipation so stocking up on lots of fibre to try and prevent it. I was going to go to doctors for tests to see if anything was preventing me and my partner from ttc as it had been 13 months but i happened to get my bfp this month. I did want a early scan again this pregnancy but they havent offered me one so il have to keep bugging them till they giv in lol. I had a scan at 7 weeks last time but baby measured 6 weeks and had a iregular hb i went back a week later and there had been no growth or hb so id really like a scan to know one way or another than wait all the way till 12 weeks to find out was mmc again. But trying to be positive lets hope this cyclogest is the magical stuff :).

Debzie- the midwife explained that the high dose folic acid has some effect on homocysteine levels which prevents clots forming in the placenta. My gp did the script no problem

Just got 3+ on clearblue. This is a big milestone for me, because last mc it didn't go above 2-3 which is what prompted me to get a blood test, which confirmed pending mc. So pleased and relieved, at least for today!

Really hope it is a winning formula.

Lucky thanks for the info. Well done on the 3+. I'm waiting to do another after getting 2-3 weeks at 13 dpo.

10 DPO and got 1-2 on the Digi!!! :happydance: x x x

Yay for great digi results for wiggler and debzie! Hcg needs to be 200 to get a 2-3 so very encouraging!

With my last two pregnancys I got 2-3 weeks at 5 weeks and it stuck at thY before getting at 3+ at nearly 7 weeks. So my next reasurrance will be if I get at 3+ next week. I've now team out of ICS and am having withdrawls.

I am so nervous of trying the digi I have lying upstairs, what if it says 'Not Pregnant' or gives me less weeks? I dont know that my stress could handle it, lol.
Speaking of stress, having a bad anxiety day today :( just wish I could relax a bit. Anyone have any tips for coping at this early stage?

Saysib, I also have times of complete panic when I don't feel pregnant or convince myself I have period cramps or just think it can't possibly worknput after 4 years ttc and 3mc. Try focusing on a pregnancy symptom( sore boobs? Hunger?) or just take one day at a time. Or just imagine yourself with your newborn and enjoy the thought, works for me. The 3+ at 5+1 weeks really helped today but don't know if you're 5 weeks yet. :hugs:

Welcome shocker. Im glad you found us as pregnancy after loss is different. In the first tri section they are all excited we have been robbed of that. Replaced by more worry and anxiety. We are here to talk through those and offer each other support. Hopefully this will be your take home baby.

Thank you :hugs: I hope so too!

I would suggest the digi, I've been using it since I found out and seeing it increase as it should really helped me stay calm, obviously for only a short time but it was still really helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->