PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

We didn't give him a pre-emptive calpol but he was unhappy in the evening so we gave him a dose then.

Don't feel bad about the carseat thing - I do it too! Some bad reflux babies will ONLY sleep in their carseat :shock:

i regularly leave maddox wherever he fell asleep in order to get jobs done!!! swing, bouncer, pushchair or carseat ....

wow on the Tesco bargin,

when maddox is grizzling and chewing hands/drooling i pop a lil teething gel on, nd hope that it was teeeth causing him to grizzle - if he goes quiet i was right if he cries again - it mst b sumat else

jabs - i only give calpol after, if hes grumpy,

afm - maddox now has 2 meals a day, he has a lunch after his nap - about 1ish, and a tea at 5-5:30 then bath, feed in dark, and sleep - have added pics to my FB to show him playing with his spoon!

Lou don't feel bad about leaving little Florence in her car seat sleeping, sounds like we all do it! I didn't give Archie calpol before his jabs and he was fine afterwards so didn't need it then either.
Thanks Jo, will give the teething gel a whirl. Great news on the weaning little Madman! What kind of things is he eating Jo? I'm thinking of mixing old style weaning with a little bit of baby led ie. Offer finger foods now and again but stick with the purees and mash too.

well he seems to really enjoy cow&gate banana and straWberry baby porridge, which you make with babies regular milk - so for us EBM,

weve tried 2 different jars of Foods and he hasnt seemed keen on them - but he doesnt hate them

he had a little home made pasta sauce (which was made from - chopped tomatos, sprouts, cauliflour, onion, leek, chilli, tomato ketchup, All pureed together!!!) from my finger at the healthzone and seemed to like it,

i lways offer him the spoon after with some food on it to try himself, and once hes 24w / has good hand to mouth i'll be migrating to the BLW style, i had to TW as he was starting to feed 2hrly at night too!!!

Not sure about the teething gel hun - Philippa might know as Chloe got teeth early.

Did anyone dose up their LO's on Calpol for jabs? Florence has first round on Friday. Tissues at the ready (for me!).

Have a Q for you Yummy Mummies. Am I a bad mother if I leave Florence in her car seat sleeping for an hour when we get in because it means I can get some jobs done? Feel bad but was good to see my ironing mountain turn into a large hill!

xxx

Well i found the teething gel helped chloe even when she didnt actually have teeth as the gel penitrates the gums. Sometimes one dose did the trick sometimes you have to put a 2nd one on 20-30mins later, and teething gel still works once teeth break gums too, better than giving them calpol for teething (well IMO anyway)
And no you are not a bad mummy no different for leaving them sleeping in a pram, and as long as she doesnt sleep in it at night no problem at all.

I gave chloe calpol after her jabs anyway as IMO its better to prevent them getting a temp than trying to get it down once jabs have caused one, they aint nice for us when we have jabs think how it is for their little bodies

Hope archie feels better soon.
I wont be doing BLW i dont think as chloe has choked a few times of new textures and i just cant deal with it, so i sticking to purees, plus i think babies grow up so fast now so i think doing normal puree weaning means they dont grow up quite so quick i will let her have the spoon each and in the end mash things and then go onto tiny chunks ect, but wont give finger foods until much older. Once she 6months she will basically have most of food eg, veg chicken we have but she wil just have it blended or mashed.

Chloe wont really tpuch the jars H other than the 100% fruit ones. Have you tried maddox on homemade fruit puree yet its one of chloe's favs

i havnt yet phillipa, but im definately gnn be doing it - need to buy a blender i rekon

yes just get a little hand blender they just as good and alot cheaper

Noticed chloe had gunk coming from her ear today and she kept crying for no reason, so we got her a doc appointment and she got an ear infection, other than thrush and one cold its the 1st real thing she has wrong with her bless her.

Shes fast asleep now, ive slightly lenghtened the time she is awake until at night i bath her 30mins later and done wonders for her sleep, the extra 30mins awake means for last few nights shes gone from 8pm until 6am then she goes back to seelp until 8, so im keeping her rountine like this as before it was down at 7pm we were often waking her when we got into bed so she was feeding at 11, then waking at 2 and then 8. so the way she doing it now is much better.

Sounds good Philippa! Archie goes to bed around 7.30-8 and wakes 5am ish then goes back til 8 or 9. I know we are really lucky with his sleeping :) Hope Chloe's ear gets better soon, poor thing.

im goosed. . . maddox was up feeding at 2:30, 4:30, 6am and weve been awake since and here at 8am were feeding again........ this has become his norm, not just a spurst, he goes from 7 - 2:30, then feeds every 2 hrs til bedtime again, even having solids hasnt changed a thing ,

Oh dear Jo, I'm scared of changing sleep habits! I read yesterday something about trying to wean them off one feed at a time and instead of feeding try something else to soothe them. Sounds easier said than done to me with a screaming hungry baby! Hope it's just a short-term blip hun.

8-week check and jabs for Florence this morning. I'm nervous!

xxx

Damn you good sleepers! :haha: Stick with me Jo, we'll get through it :hugs: 11, 2:30, 5, 6 for us!

Lou, Dillon yelled furiously at the doc at 8 weeks for daring to undress him and sjine a bright light in his eyes! Then he screamed at the poor nurse for poking him with needles. Was fine within 1 minute tho, they soon forget. Although he did give the occasional sob in his sleep for the rest of the day :cry: Good luck! xx

:hugs: Jo, bet you're shattered! Sorry, I didn't comment on Archie's sleeping to rub it in anyone's face (I know I've got to make the most of it while it lasts because it probably won't be forever!) I hope little Maddox and D give mummies a rest soon :hugs:
Good luck Lou, Florence will be fine once she's forgotten (Archie was the same as D) Infact I think I was more upset than Archie :haha:

Hope Florence is ok after her jabs, Eleanor had hers yesterday, she was crying in the waiting room, screamed after the first leg and then was fine by the time we came out of the room. She went to sleep when we got home but after 3 hours became completely hysterical so we gave her some calpol which seemed to calm her down and she was ok for the rest of the day

That was horrible! She had her 8-week check first and was heart-meltingly cute. Didn't cry once and kept turning her head to look at me whenever the doctor moved her (so proud!), no probs found. Then the jabs. She went bright red, face screwed up, mouth wide open in a silent scream (you know, the face that breaks your heart) then cried her head off for about 5 mins. Got her back to the car and took her for a bit of a drive to calm her down. Now she's sparko. Got the Calpol ready for later if needed. Interestingly my friend pre-dosed her LO yesterday and when she got to the surgery they wouldn't give the jabs because there is supposedly now evidence to show it reduces the effect of the immunizations. So ladies big pat on the back for your advice, who needs research?!

xxx

Hope Florence is ok after her jabs, Eleanor had hers yesterday, she was crying in the waiting room, screamed after the first leg and then was fine by the time we came out of the room. She went to sleep when we got home but after 3 hours became completely hysterical so we gave her some calpol which seemed to calm her down and she was ok for the rest of the day

This is exactly what happened! 3 hours and the hysterics started. Calpol given, strawberry-smelling sleepy baby now. xxx

Poor Florence. Hope that's the end of it :hugs:

Yep I'm fairly sure D is teething BUT he won't take a teething soother or toys. He's just grumpy and cries at the drop of a hat, though he did enjoy his massage this afternoon. I've just managed to rock him to sleep and put him in his pram. And crack open a bottle of wine.

He's been accepted onto the next baby swimming course, starts Weds. I'm so excited! And so not thrilled at the prospect of wearing a cossie in public for the first time since 19w pregnant. Hope the cossie isn't too stretched or I'll have to go shopping..!

I loved that spotty preggo cosie!

Poor D, maybe he'll be so preoccupied with his teeth that he'll forget to wake up at night?!

Enjoy that vino!

xxx

enjoy vino nic - and go shopping!! what better excuse the D needs to go swimming there mummy needs new cossie?

i wear a tankini and swim shorts... hate 1 peices
:hugs: to florence for the jab booboos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"