PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

How long does he stay away for before he gets tired Kim?

If Dillon's on short naps (45min) we are on a 3-hour routine:
Wake up, Eat, Activity - change nappy, massage, play, watch Top Gear :dohh:, Sleep. You time. (Or in my case BnB-while-avoiding-housework time).

If he stays awake longer or sleeps longer than D, it'll be a longer cycle - I think 4 hours is the aim. Dillon's now been asleep for 2 hours, which he's recently started to do at lunchtimes, and has gone 4.5 hours without a feed. He's going to wake up RAGING :haha:

We started on it because D was associating feed with falling asleep and would not sleep without milk. He's cured of that now and his self-settling is really coming along x

Aww sounds like we all have babies who dont like to sleep in the day, im not going to moan too much as chloe sleeeps really well in the night. But in the days she only has 3 or 4 sleeps and they last about 20mins max and she wakes up, and she fights it all the time also, no routine works for her, only way she sleeps longer is by being out and being pushed not good when you need to get house work done.
You only have time to think about what you need to do and make a cuppa in that time i never actually finish drinking cuppa before she wakes up.
Hiope his sleep getts better JO and yay for D sleeping so well

:hugs: philipa xx

maddox's naps are 25-45 mins ish

heres copy frm todays routine using BABY CARE app, using Play to represent awake active time

11:25-12:16, sleep S
12:26-12:54, play A

12:54-13:05, left, E
13:06-13:13, vegetable, E
13:16-14:03, play A
14:20-14:31, sleep S = Y
14:34-14:46, play A

15:16-15:31, right, E
15:33-16:11, play A
16:11-16:46, sleep S = Y

16:47-Now, left, 0.00 ml E

SO an almost 2hr EASY

Hmmm....Well Archie has decided that feeding every 3 hours on the dot is not for him anymore :haha: Just these past 2 days he has been going more like 4 hours but sometimes only 2.5 :dohh:
So I'm not sure where that leaves us really. His naps are always erratic, but he is usually awake 1.5-2hours before he starts to get grouchy. Can anyone help me form some kind of plan? Like now, he's been awake for 2 hours and he's shattered but will not go to sleep no matter what I try. And now I'm confused whether he's hungry or not because it has been 3 hrs since his last feed, but does he want to go 4 hours? :wacko: :wacko :wacko: Why the hell don't babies come with some kind of deciphering app?!

i wish there was one too

offer him a feed? if he takes it he may go off after easier, i he doesnt try talking him out in pushchair, if its rainging push him bk n forth indoors...

try keeping a note for a week of feed times and nap times - see if he has a natural pattern at all

maddox fights sleep a bit, his bouncer is usally how i get him off to kip, or a wlk in his pushchair,

I fed him Jo and he drained the full 6oz, so he was hungry :dohh: God I feel like I'm brand new to all this again now he's decided to change his habits :nope:
Had to quickly bath him after feed and he's now in his cot for the night, he's still awake but not crying so fingers crossed he drops off soon.

He's been asleep about 10mins :) This is the only time really that I can put him down awake and he nods off on his own.

He does need his dummy though, doubt he'd go off without that x

maddox wont take one - i have to feed him to the very edge of sleep.....

im off t bed - its 10pm here - gonna get hea down n hope he sleeps til at least 2.....

Kimmy sometimes D will throw me right off by putting off sleep until he's too hungry to sleep, at which point it all goes wrong :haha: EASY is flexible enough that by-and-large you can stick to it but if you need to deviate you can :)

Good luck tonight Jo xxx

ahhh i feel bad!! i have never heard of EASY or any other routine :blush: how long are babies ment to sleep during the day? i think im letting cam sleep too much. he will go to bed about half 7/8ish, i need to wake him about midnight for a feed then he sleeps till about 8/9 am ish. i thought that was great but then about 2ish in the afternoon he will go down till about 5pm ish. do u think this is too much? honestly?!!! i am really worried that he sleeps so much. :( i know u guys have it hard and i really dnt want to seem to be rubbing it in. please dnt be pissed wi me xxx

Perhaps he's just grouping all his naps together in one giant nap?! Archie had a total of around 3 hours sleep today but just spread out, I'm sure it's normal hun :) Why do you have to wake him at midnight? Is it for his weight gain?

Just watched OBEM, oh god, I'm broody...:shock:

i am majorly majorly broody!!!! lol to the point im trying to talk garry into trying again lol i am desperate for a 'normal' pregnancy and a 'normal' labour and birth lol yeah he has put on very little weight so he needs to have a feed at midnight. if i dnt wake him then he would sleep thru. i hope its normal lol i just worry coz he is still kinda like a newborn. he just eats and sleeps lol well he smiles now but he isnt interested in toys or playing at all. he can roll over and was doing it since he was 8weeks old, even before he could smile lol but he doesnt actually 'do' anything lol for those with a baby near cams age what is your lo doing? xxx

Hi ladies! DH is home for 2 weeks of leave from overseas! He and our baby boy are sleeping at the mo! GOSH how I LOVE my new family! DH is a natural father, he is sooo good with Liam :cloud9:

Going to try and start working on a night routine. I LOVE this co-parenting thing. I guess I never really knew how hard doing it alone was until I had help. Well, this means it's REALLY going to suck balls when he leave :(

Hope everyone is having a good sleepfull night xx

Hufs kirsty xxx

Glad brents hope safe

I neeed maddox to learn self settle this feeding to sleep is making sleep regression tough. . . Third wake up at 4: 20 . . .

:hugs: Jo. That was the killer for me. I blame K for sticking a bottle in his mouth every time he cried when he was tiny.

Kirstie yes you're a jammy cow ;) At this age he should be having 4-5 hours during the day (in 2-3 naps) and 10-11 at night. So I've read. But every baby is different, it's whatever works for Cam x

Oh and Dillon will often play with toys hanging in front of him, but doesn't roll (he insists on mummy helping him stand instead :dohh: Will post pic of him in his new high chair later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->